ADVERTISEMENT

Tickets for the 2022 Big Ten Wrestling Championships in Lincoln, Nebraska, are now on sale

Just a little info for anyone that may be attending that hasn't been to Pinnacle Bank Arena.

Pinnacle Bank Arena is in the Haymarket District of Lincoln, which is an area that is full of bars and restaurants. I have no clue what the re-enter policy will be but if you are allowed to re-enter and want a break it is a very easy place to take a break. The bars and restaurants are as close as across the street to about a 4 block walk. There is about anything from burgers to prime rib.

Hotels and parking are limited in the area. There are some rooms remaining within walking distance of the arena but will be $250 and up per night with a 2 night minimum(more than likely). I don't know if they are selling parking passes for this event but if they are try to get one in the Red or Green garages. they are very close to the food and the arena. Uber is obviously available and has an area by the arena to get dropped off and picked up but may be delays due to high volume.

The weather should be warm during the day but cool down quite a bit at night. Normally I would say high 50's to 60's during the day and mid 40's at night so a jacket is recommended.

The arena has a ton of concession options but like all arena's they want your first 2 children and 2nd mortgage to eat. The arena does sell alcohol for concerts and some events but I am doubtful they will at this since NU is the host. NU doesn't allow alcohol sales at any of it's events so i am assuming this will fit in with that.

They will have a clear bag policy that is the same as what most arenas have. Clear plastic yadda yadda yadda and all that. Absolutely no food or drink will be allowed in from outside and they are pretty thorough about checking people. Lincoln is set to lift their indoor mask requirement tomorrow but who knows what it will be by then.(if they even have the tourney)

I would avoid the 300 sections for seats as they are getting into Bob Uecker territory of there. Might not be able to have the best views to yell at the officials. The arena is only 8 years old so it's a nice place to watch things. It holds 15,500 for hoops but not sure for an event like this. I believe it'll be the first wrestling ever held there. The high school finals are in Omaha at 18,000 seat CHI Health Arena.

I will try to answer any questions anybody may have and hope to see you there. I'm sitting in Sec 117 Row 22 Seat 14. Stop and say Hi!

Just Today Lancaster county dropped from severe risk to High risk. Hopefully drops again by the time of tournament.

For those that may be attending.
Looks like the weather for the weekend isn’t going to be to great.

Friday it’s 65 and sunny during the day and drops to mid 40’s Friday night. However a cold front is moving in during the night along with rain. Saturday will be mid 50’s with some rain likely. Saturday night it drops to mid 20’s. Sunday has highs in the mid 40’s dropping to mid 20’s that night with a chance for some snow

For those that may be attending.
Looks like the weather for the weekend isn’t going to be to great.

Friday it’s 65 and sunny during the day and drops to mid 40’s Friday night. However a cold front is moving in during the night along with rain. Saturday will be mid 50’s with some rain likely. Saturday night it drops to mid 20’s. Sunday has highs in the mid 40’s dropping to mid 20’s that night with a chance for some snow
I hate February/early March. Most bipolar time of the year for weather.

Reactions: huskersalways
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT