ADVERTISEMENT

Time Out

ColonelRutgers

All American
Gold Member
Dec 15, 2003
So many emotions right now. Actually, mostly anger. I'm angry at particular people who were never heard from 2 years ago who have made this board completely unreadable and have made the same points about 1,000,000 million times and are as predictable as a Caleb McConnell three point attempt. I'm really pissed at Pike for what is obvious now - this b.s. in saying this was his best team ever. It's evident now that he was hypersensitive to the criticism of losing Myles and JY and not finding suitable replacements. The nonsense about this being his best center depth which was ridiculous from the start. All of this b.s. to fend off the tiniest bit of criticism of his recruiting. He wrote checks that his players can't cash and because he overrated them so much, they'll bear a huge burden for this disaster. They're easy targets. When they turned out to NOT be his best team ever once the games started how did he expect to weather that storm? I'm pissed at writers like Jerry Carino as well for buying into the nonsense and setting what is again obviously totally and wildly unrealistic expectations for us, the fans. 22-9? Really? Every other team in America has guys that can shoot threes. We do too. But unlike those other teams, our shots don't go in. Every other team seems to have guys that are hard to guard and can either draw a foul or be a threat from deep. We simply cannot stop the opponent's drives without fouling. And we must have set an NCAA record already for the most fouls on three point attempts. I read someone else's comments elsewhere that he needs a break from RU's revenue sports. I've seen a lot in almost 40 years and think I'm with him/her. I think the guys on RU Screw Podcast were right on when they mentioned something like this flame out is robbing us long time fans from our victory lap (or something like that). To lose three games already is just hard to take in a season when we were destined to sell the most tickets in the 45 year history of the RAC. Sad. I don't want to hear they were all one possession games either. So was Lehigh and we got the W in that one. I've been living in the moment for the past two years with this team and not getting obsessed with recruiting etc. but things sure look bleaker than bleak now. Wasn't expecting the season to be completely over before December. Wow.

I need a T.O. from this program.

So many emotions right now. Actually, mostly anger. I'm angry at particular people who were never heard from 2 years ago who have made this board completely unreadable and have made the same points about 1,000,000 million times and are as predictable as a Caleb McConnell three point attempt. I'm really pissed at Pike for what is obvious now - this b.s. in saying this was his best team ever. It's evident now that he was hypersensitive to the criticism of losing Myles and JY and not finding suitable replacements. The nonsense about this being his best center depth which was ridiculous from the start. All of this b.s. to fend off the tiniest bit of criticism of his recruiting. He wrote checks that his players can't cash and because he overrated them so much, they'll bear a huge burden for this disaster. They're easy targets. When they turned out to NOT be his best team ever once the games started how did he expect to weather that storm? I'm pissed at writers like Jerry Carino as well for buying into the nonsense and setting what is again obviously totally and wildly unrealistic expectations for us, the fans. 22-9? Really? Every other team in America has guys that can shoot threes. We do too. But unlike those other teams, our shots don't go in. Every other team seems to have guys that are hard to guard and can either draw a foul or be a threat from deep. We simply cannot stop the opponent's drives without fouling. And we must have set an NCAA record already for the most fouls on three point attempts. I read someone else's comments elsewhere that he needs a break from RU's revenue sports. I've seen a lot in almost 40 years and think I'm with him/her. I think the guys on RU Screw Podcast were right on when they mentioned something like this flame out is robbing us long time fans from our victory lap (or something like that). To lose three games already is just hard to take in a season when we were destined to sell the most tickets in the 45 year history of the RAC. Sad. I don't want to hear they were all one possession games either. So was Lehigh and we got the W in that one. I've been living in the moment for the past two years with this team and not getting obsessed with recruiting etc. but things sure look bleaker than bleak now. Wasn't expecting the season to be completely over before December. Wow.

Good post.

pike was subtweeting Myles JY and Mathis in all his off season comments it was weird I know a lot of people saw that as well just strange stuff from a head coach

Reactions: Rutgers56

It is a head scratcher based on what we have seen so far how he could say this is his best team. It’s all downside from there when that was not reality. I don’t understand what there was to gain from that comment. It was eventually come back to bite him and the kids. We are all now very disappointed. I am a glutton for punishment. Will continue following the team.

I don't get why people are mad about the "best team ever" comment. This is the same coach who thought Rieber, Palmqusit, Agee, Miller, etc were B10 players. He probably actually believed these scrubs were good.. He also thinks Derek Simpson and Woolfolk are good too lol

I don't get why people are mad about the "best team ever" comment. This is the same coach who thought Rieber, Palmqusit, Agee, Miller, etc were B10 players. He probably actually believed these scrubs were good.. He also thinks Derek Simpson and Woolfolk are good too lol
Because i cannot believe he actually thought that. It was a desperation move. He did not think through the implications of that comment. When I did earnings calls you don’t lead with your chin, you will pay for it. You don’t over promise and under deliver.

It's coach speak. I am mad at him for the losses, but who cares if he said "best team ever."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT