ADVERTISEMENT

To Compete

zebnatto

All Conference
May 7, 2008
To compete evenly or close to it with the league's upper half and win our share of those remaining games, we can't continue to play "your turn, my turn." This one is my turn to have a good game and next game you have a good game and the game after that, you have a good game. If that continues we'll win one or two more games, maybe. Assume that all our players have had "A" moments. Usually , in that same game, there has been another player or two who has an "F" game. Last night, Cliff/Paul had "A" games; Geo/Caleb "A" games.

Likely or not, to beat the competition coming up, we have to do it across the board. No player has to equal the best game "A" that they've had all season, but we can't have any one dropping an "F" game, someone else a "D.". We need one "A," a few "B+"s, a few "B"s, maybe a C+ or two. But if we're gonna play one "A," one "B", a couple of Cs, Ds, and Fs. That's the level we are.

I can't help myself. I've been a teacher for years and years.

Reactions: Scangg
The head coach is responsible to get the team ready to play the game and execute both physically, and emotionally. The players on the floor are responsible to play the game and execute the game plan. Failure all the way around.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT