ADVERTISEMENT

To Make a Run

zebnatto

All Conference
May 7, 2008
. . . . as in a run in the direction of the tournament but also to simply be a good team.

--Derrick I think is playing well. I've always been a booster. His 3% is a not awful 31.7. His 2% is just 32. Hit the elbow jumper and finish better, get 2% up to 40%;
--Cliff isn't gonna be anyone's dream center, but needs to continue to play as he did against NE. In my opinion that's close to his ceiling;
--Mag keep on keeping on;
--Aundre's 3 pt shooting has been key. Much improved it seems in making tough ones. Still can't finish but seems to be getting more calls. Don't think we can get much more than what he's giving;
--Austin--Playing well and has earned his minutes. Haven't really got a sense of what more to expect/hope for. But let's hope we can get an uptick and better FTs.

GG--let's hope that the makes against NE relax him a bit. Obviously want him to do a better job of keeping his man in front of him and hitting the glass. Gets stripped a bunch when he goes to the basket but we can't remove that from his game---keep at it and make FTs.
JMike--learning the college game. Fine energy and D. Let's see him improve decisions on when to attack and when to pass/reset.
Woolf--Light a fire under him. Let's see a mean man!

Team just needs to understand they are not a run and high powered team like what was reported and talk about.

They must grind out games and win ugly by crashing the boards and playing lockdown defense.

That’s the recipe for success this season.

It will be difficult winning league games scoring less than 70 points.The long scoring droughts are hard to overcome.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT