ADVERTISEMENT

Top New Jersey Recruit Transferring Schools

Does this news have any bearing on our recruitment of whoever this is?

This board will think so
I want names and I want them....

Veruca-Salt-Willy-Wonka.gif

NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: IMARUFAN
Awesome. Can't wait for B/R to start posting videos of 11th graders committing to NNJ parochials for their senior year.

Reactions: Rokodesh
So should nobody be discussed prior to committing to RU?

Include the name and the discussion can be had. Exactly who are we discussing? Also, the OP claimed he is transferring, not just leaving a school, but transferring. To me that reads he is already picked a school. So if he, whoever he is, has already picked a school to which he will transfer and if that school is not RU than there is nothing to discuss. Whenever I have read these types of announcements they use words like "to leave"or "will be leaving a program but has not made a decision as to a destination". But this post says matter of fact "transferring", that sounds like a decision is made both to leave and to where he is going. If iI am wrong I apologize but otherwise I stand by my post.

Last edited:
Include the name and the discussion can be had. Exactly who are we discussing?
Since when does knowing the name limit this board in its advocacy/criticism of a player?

Sure, the kid is big and you can't teach big, but his initial step is a tad slow. Good motor though, and never takes a play off. I say we go for him and coach him up. (It's a guy, right?)

nj.com stating Dorian Hardy looking to go from St Joes to Paramus Catholic.

Wonder why he would do that? St Joes was the top team in the state last year, you are already a high profile recruit at a school that sends kids to D-1 programs. Something smells fishy.

Reactions: waveslider
Sometimes advisers or people who surround the athlete get surprisingly nice remuneration for participating as instructors and/or counselors at camps/events/competitions. "Surprisingly nice" might be understatement.

I apologize. I misunderstood the OP. I thought it was about a defensive recruit who is already attending a college and has decided to transfer. It is about a HS student so go ahead folks, have at it. Even if.you are not sure who it is.

Ugh not the kid who has been all about us for a while now? Can't remember name. Thanks.

Last edited:
Reactions: madchuck
One of the Uncles probably got an in house visit from Ben Franklin and a whole lot of his brothers. Most of them were wearing maize and blue sweaters, but some were shirtless.

I apologize. I misunderstood the OP. I thought it was about a defensive recruit who is already attending a college and has decided to transfer. It is about a HS student so go ahead folks, have at it. Even if.you are not sure who it is.

Was from NJ Varsity

dont think he can transfer under new rules without sitting out first 30 days of a season starting with game #1.

dont think he can transfer under new rules without sitting out first 30 days of a season starting with game #1.
According to the article, the new rules start 7/1/17. He is transferring this week or so and has a bona fide change of address. Sounds like he will not need to miss any games.

According to the article, the new rules start 7/1/17. He is transferring this week or so and has a bona fide change of address. Sounds like he will not need to miss any games.
article not very clear..says it is applied for 2017-2018 school year..which would be this years football season.
The new rule is three-pronged: It requires all athletes that transfer schools to sit out 30 days or half the games allowed for each sport in which they participated the previous year at the prior school; athletes who transfer on or after the first scrimmage or after the regular season start date will be barred from state tournament play, in addition to incurring the mandatory 30-day or half the season sitting out period; and all athletes who transfer more than once will be barred from state tournament play, while also incurring the mandatory 30-day or half the season sitting out period.

The rule covers all three levels of competition -- varsity, junior varsity and freshman -- and does not offer an appeals process.

The measure -- which required two-thirds approval -- passed by a vote of 25-9, with one abstention. It will go into effect on July 1, in time for the 2017-18 school year.

RELATED: 11 things to know about the new transfer rule

"I'm very happy with the result today," NJSIAA Executive Director Steve Timko said after the meeting. "I respect everybody's opinion, but I'm glad that the motion carried."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT