ADVERTISEMENT

Tuesday games

Well Wake Forest is inside the top 100. Mediocre is probably a more appropriate descriptor.

Yes.

Yes.

I know they are bad by power 6 or NCAA tournament standards which is the only relevant measure around here. If we beat some D2 school I am also going to tell you they "suck" even if they are good by D2 standards. No one cares about that.

Why a couple posters are so defensive about teams from weak conferences is baffling to me.
In past years top 100 teams would be borderline NIT teams. Not great but a decent year. Don’t understand the Temple bashing at all.

Because you are relatively new around here. BAC has a tendency to never forgive Rutgers for losing to certain teams , Temple , St. Bonnie’s , Pittsburgh , etc. He then proceeds to call them trash or they suck even though some of those teams end up on the bubble at the end of the year or guess what , upset a higher rated team again later in the season. But there are circumstances and these are college kids and sometimes have bad games. Injuries are good excuses for other teams but never for Rutgers. So your opinion and explaination still sucks.
Ok but that's a personal issue between you and bac. We can admit that Temple isn't very good while still not "never forgiving" our team for losing to them. I mean outside the top 100 is Q3 (for neutral site) which is basically the unofficial "bad loss" cutoff. It's not some horrible indictment:
(1) Most teams except the very top will have a bad loss
(2) As bad losses go it's not that bad
(3) Injuries
In past years top 100 teams would be borderline NIT teams. Not great but a decent year. Don’t understand the Temple bashing at all.
Again, by power conference standards being a "borderline NIT team" is not a good thing. That's not a decent year. Nebraska is in the top 100 for god sake.

How about Wake Forest? Do they suck too? Your defending of BAC is comical. Try using the English language correctly . So any team outside the top 100 sucks. So. Davidson is 160 in the NET and played Purdue to a 69-60 game sucks. I don’t think even BAC was saying teams outside Top 100 suck. You know what sucks , you injecting your stupid dumb opinion about teams that aren’t part of the Power 6 and act like you know anything about them. You probably didn’t know Temple has played without their center the last 5-6 games. Your post is a total fail.
Huh? Wake Forest is very much in the running for an At Large bid. What are you talking about? Where on this string did anyone say WF sucks? They won at Wisconsin and beat Duke. Not even in the same galaxy as Temple. Sorry.

Reactions: fluoxetine
Ok but that's a personal issue between you and bac. We can admit that Temple isn't very good while still not "never forgiving" our team for losing to them. I mean outside the top 100 is Q3 (for neutral site) which is basically the unofficial "bad loss" cutoff. It's not some horrible indictment:
(1) Most teams except the very top will have a bad loss
(2) As bad losses go it's not that bad
(3) Injuries

Again, by power conference standards being a "borderline NIT team" is not a good thing. That's not a decent year. Nebraska is in the top 100 for god sake.

Don't mind him...he posts emotionally not objectively

Reactions: fluoxetine
Huh? Wake Forest is very much in the running for an At Large bid. What are you talking about? Where on this string did anyone say WF sucks? They won at Wisconsin and beat Duke. Not even in the same galaxy as Temple. Sorry.

I never said Wake sucked. He is lying about that. I said they were a terrible defensive team and peobably not a tourney team coming off a desperation one point win over Appalachian State and 24 point loss to RU. They still are up against it making the ncaa tourney but their chances are better than i thought initially

Because you are relatively new around here. BAC has a tendency to never forgive Rutgers for losing to certain teams , Temple , St. Bonnie’s , Pittsburgh , etc. He then proceeds to call them trash or they suck even though some of those teams end up on the bubble at the end of the year or guess what , upset a higher rated team again later in the season. But there are circumstances and these are college kids and sometimes have bad games. Injuries are good excuses for other teams but never for Rutgers. So your opinion and explaination still sucks.

You totally are lying about what I said about Wake Forest...i just went back and read my recap of game where i said they were a poor defensive and ball handling team which was true and later said i dont think they are a tourney team in the end but have some talent

Keep your emotions in check..half the time i cant figure what your crying about

I never said Wake sucked. He is lying about that. I said they were a terrible defensive team and peobably not a tourney team coming off a desperation one point win over Appalachian State and 24 point loss to RU. They still are up against it making the ncaa tourney but their chances are better than i thought initially

Even if you said they suck after our game it has nothing to do with this string about Temple - that was forever ago. Things change. I believe this AM you actually posted the opposite in one of the bracket discussions - that you thought WF is very much in the at large mix.

Back then, Wake was playing terrible. They had won 1 of their last 4 games (just that App State game) and got blown out on the road at Clemson who has since turned out to be way better than projected. Since then - WF has beaten Duke, Virginia Tech and UofL. Only lost at UNC.

Reactions: bac2therac
Even if you said they suck after our game it has nothing to do with this string about Temple - that was forever ago. Things change. I believe this AM you actually posted the opposite in one of the bracket discussions - that you thought WF is very much in the at large mix.

Back then, Wake was playing terrible. They had won 1 of their last 4 games (just that App State game) and got blown out on the road at Clemson who has since turned out to be way better than projected. Since then - WF has beaten Duke, Virginia Tech and UofL. Only lost at UNC.

The guy just has a hard on for me because i criticize Rutgers when they lose to an inferior oppponent. Not everyone gets things right so i wont hold it against the poster if Rutgers does not win the Big 10

Its silly a week ago he argued with me because i thought RU would finish 12-8 and not 15-5 in league

Guess you missed the Wake Forest slander after we roughed them up before they proceeded to beat Duke immediately thereafter. Not sure you know what my post was about but pretty sure if you know what was posted , you know I am saying Wake is a pretty good not a great team. Others have said otherwise. Matter of fact Gumper and Saint Puppy called them terrible and that they sucked, only to be proven wrong . Certain posters do not give Rutgers the credit they deserve when they win or how they won. There is nuance and not everything is black and white. To say that any team sucks is just very shallow without knowing what happened in the game or with their roster Carry on.

The guy just has a hard on for me because i criticize Rutgers when they lose to an inferior oppponent. Not everyone gets things right so i wont hold it against the poster if Rutgers does not win the Big 10

Its silly a week ago he argued with me because i thought RU would finish 12-8 and not 15-5 in league
Funny how your revisionist history is coming back to bite you in the ass. You and Greene were doubting Rutgers before the Purdue and Maryland games and I gave you a different viewpoint that our defense , top 3 on the country and was super elite with our pressing which allows our team to have spurtability , which to me meant we had a good chance to win the Big 10. No one in the league scared me , unlike past years , and I told you and Greene we would beat Purdue and handle their freshman guards. You as usual was skeptical. Then we beat Purdue and dominant the first half and follow that up with the Maryland wire to wire win with no letdown , and all of a sudden your post game post is raving the BiG 10 title is ours for the taking. Change your tune often. Now you have the nerve to say we will finish 12-8 and also win the Big 10. Which one is it ? We will finish 12-8 or win the Big 10? Will 15-5 have a better chance than 12-8 to win the Big 10? Hope you and the other lurkers Flux and PSAL can now understand the full context . You talk out of both sides of your mouth. You love to be critical of Rutgers. Confusing why you continue to be with this version of Rutgers over Pike’s last 4 years. It is a tough conference , stop blowing in the wind. We have a really good team that has a real good chance to win the BIG 10.

Guess you missed the Wake Forest slander after we roughed them up before they proceeded to beat Duke immediately thereafter. Not sure you know what my post was about but pretty sure if you know what was posted , you know I am saying Wake is a pretty good not a great team. Others have said otherwise. Matter of fact Gumper and Saint Puppy called them terrible and that they sucked, only to be proven wrong . Certain posters do not give Rutgers the credit they deserve when they win or how they won. There is nuance and not everything is black and white. To say that any team sucks is just very shallow without knowing what happened in the game or with their roster Carry on.

Not really. Reynolds’s didn’t help Temple vs. Wagner did he? How about Vandy and St John’s? First half of the Richmond game before the injury? Come on man. They don’t “suck” the way Lafayette did last year. But as of today, at 10-8, they are not a good team and it was a crappy loss. What gives?

BAC already accknowledged (today - in this thread) that WF has turned out to be better than he thought they would after our game. I’m 100% certain, he’d love to be proven “wrong” again and see Temple go 4-2 over the next few weeks and bump the loss into Q2 (Houston (2), Memphis, UCF, EC coming up) but it probably won’t happen. It’s far more likely that after that stretch they will be sitting at 500 or worse. I’m not sure what your beef is here though.

Not really. Reynolds’s didn’t help Temple vs. Wagner did he? How about Vandy and St John’s? First half of the Richmond game before the injury? Come on man. They don’t “suck” the way Lafayette did last year. But as of today, at 10-8, they are not a good team and it was a crappy loss. What gives?

BAC already accknowledged (today - in this thread) that WF has turned out to be better than he thought they would after our game. I’m 100% certain, he’d love to be proven “wrong” again and see Temple go 4-2 over the next few weeks and bump the loss into Q2 (Houston (2), Memphis, UCF, EC coming up) but it probably won’t happen. It’s far more likely that after that stretch they will be sitting at 500 or worse. I’m not sure what your beef is here though.
Because you are clueless. You point to revisionist history. I call it like I see it. When someone has an opinion , that they are entitled to , but that opinion is just plain shitty , then this message board is the perfect place to call them out. That is what happens and BAC doesn’t like it when he is proven wrong time and time again. Claims I have a hardon for him when I am just pointing out that he talks out of both sides of his mouth 2 games apart.

Maybe you missed it but after Rutgers beat Purdue and Maryland , every BIG 10 commentator was gushing and now saying Rutgers for the BIG 10 title . These boards were lit up with numerous threads about Rutgers as the favorite for the title. I said it beforehand and BAC and Greene had a problem with it. That’s all.

So stay the hell out of the thread. Control yourself.
Go **** yourself asshole. You don't own the thread. You didn't even start this thread, not that that would matter. Take your stupid pissing match with bac to PMs or something if you want it to be private; adults are trying to discuss basketball here.

Go **** yourself asshole. You don't own the thread. You didn't even start this thread, not that that would matter. Take your stupid pissing match with bac to PMs or something if you want it to be private; adults are trying to discuss basketball here.
We are discussing basketball and I won’t curse you out because you are acting like a lowlife like you have done in the past. The whole point was about basketball and Rutgers and teams they have played. Where did your brain go , lowlife ?

We are discussing basketball and I won’t curse you out because you are acting like a lowlife like you have done in the past. The whole point was about basketball and Rutgers and teams they have played. Where did your brain go , lowlife ?
Yes, why can't we all post with the utmost class as demonstrated by this quote?

Because you are clueless. You point to revisionist history. I call it like I see it. When someone has an opinion , that they are entitled to , but that opinion is just plain shitty , then this message board is the perfect place to call them out. That is what happens and BAC doesn’t like it when he is proven wrong time and time again. Claims I have a hardon for him when I am just pointing out that he talks out of both sides of his mouth 2 games apart.

Maybe you missed it but after Rutgers beat Purdue and Maryland , every BIG 10 commentator was gushing and now saying Rutgers for the BIG 10 title . These boards were lit up with numerous threads about Rutgers as the favorite for the title. I said it beforehand and BAC and Greene had a problem with it. That’s all.

Is this some kind of joke? Fluox is right. Whatever issue you have with BAC is misplaced in this thread. The post you flipped out about stated “Temple sucks but they are winning 72-63.” Your idea of sucking is obviously different from his, but he did not insult RU with this statement. It’s a disappointing Q3 loss right now because objectively speaking Temple’s resume to date sucks so far this season. Losing to Wagner, Richmond, Penn and Maryland Eastern Shore meets the definition of sucking for most. Your entitled to disagree but I don’t see why you need to flip out towards those of us who think your wrong.

Reynolds put up 15/7 against Vandy in a game lost by 2 in OT and 21/8 vs. St John's in a game that was tied with 1:15 left - Temple lost those games, but saying he didn't help in them is a pretty wild statement.

He was averaging 11.1/6.3 before going out with injury. He's a significant piece for them, and their best big body - can't discount that. Getting him back would definitely help them down the stretch.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT