ADVERTISEMENT

Tylin Oden to Garden City Community College in Kansas.

There's nothing more annoying on this board than the know-it-alls who act like a player was irrelevant as soon as he leaves Rutgers. A more extreme example would be Nigel Johnson, who was a key member of last year's improved basketball team and arguably our most consistent shooter. As soon as he decided to leave, the usual suspects declared him "not a contributor" and "not a Rutgers-type player." Then he transferred to Virginia, one of the most successful programs in the country in recent years. Silence ever since.

Good luck to Tylin Oden. I wish he was still on the team, especially considering how thin we are at the QB position.

can you elaborate? Why is it the worst possible scenario?

It sounds to me like he chose a JC to play right away and then can see which FBS school needs a QB for him to transfer to after next year.

It a joke, along with "we are so screwed".

Good luck to him. The way he is thanking Rutgers too much makes me wonder though. Maybe he did something really bad and Ash told him to take a peaceful hike out of here and it will be swept under the rug.
Oden seems overly grateful for a guy that was kicked out.

This looks like a good move for him if he can take advantage of it. Go there, get a better feel for the college game, get your academics solidified (don't know that they are not already), and put together a good package for a D1 team to pick up. Much better than going to a low mid major or something like that. Good luck, young man.

Reactions: Knight Shift
Wouldnt mind picking him back up if he does well there. Puts on weight. Those schools are feeders to good programs. He definitely despite leaving due to unknown team violations has left no bad taste in the mouth of fans.

Smart move on his part. Get a year of game experience and then can transfer with 3 years to play 2. The game experience will really help him more so then running the scout team.

Last edited:
Smart move for him. This is basically how every SEC player handles getting kicked out from school to re-emerge at another school in the conference

Good luck to him. The way he is thanking Rutgers too much makes me wonder though. Maybe he did something really bad and Ash told him to take a peaceful hike out of here and it will be swept under the rug.
Oden seems overly grateful for a guy that was kicked out.

It sounds like he either cut classes or cut mandatory team events. Either way, we can only imagine how difficult an engineering curriculum plus a quarterback study must be. The only QB/engineer in recent years I can think of is Joshua Dobbs, unless you count Andrew Luck doing architecture.

Reactions: MidwestKnights
It sounds like he either cut classes or cut mandatory team events. Either way, we can only imagine how difficult an engineering curriculum plus a quarterback study must be. The only QB/engineer in recent years I can think of is Joshua Dobbs, unless you count Andrew Luck doing architecture.

I doubt he was in the engineering curriculum, despite the he mentioned interest in it.

4391600_orig.png

Guys, He just not that into football. He likes to chill out if you get my drift. He has moved to a level that he can get a education, room & board and play some football and decide if that is what he wants to do. If you really want to know what JC football is about watch Last Chance U on Netflixs.

There's nothing more annoying on this board than the know-it-alls who act like a player was irrelevant as soon as he leaves Rutgers. A more extreme example would be Nigel Johnson, who was a key member of last year's improved basketball team and arguably our most consistent shooter. As soon as he decided to leave, the usual suspects declared him "not a contributor" and "not a Rutgers-type player." Then he transferred to Virginia, one of the most successful programs in the country in recent years. Silence ever since.

Good luck to Tylin Oden. I wish he was still on the team, especially considering how thin we are at the QB position.
There's nothing more annoying than you. I long for the days of TSoprano and "focus", at least he was occasionally funny.

Not for nothin, but when the guy averaging 90 posts a year takes the time to call somebody annoying... I'd say that's pretty conclusive.
I'm debating on whether or not I should say I'm not a "guy".

Should they apologize?

You must not have been watching closely. Johnson was one of our most inconsistent players. That being said he was also one of the more talented and we are not better (at least right now) for losing him.

Reactions: Hondo77

Do you even read before posting. Where is there a post above yours of anyone saying anything of the such about Oden...

Guys, He just not that into football. He likes to chill out if you get my drift. He has moved to a level that he can get a education, room & board and play some football and decide if that is what he wants to do. If you really want to know what JC football is about watch Last Chance U on Netflixs.

There is a good chance this is the most accurate post on this thread. Inside insight as to why oden was dismissed. Yet, no one comments on it.

He'll play there, hopefully mature and end up at another P5 school. He did play in the B1G as a true freshman and made some plays.

You know what's more annoying? You.

Forget the note fro Oden, what's with the "4% battery" left on his phone . I would never operate with such a low number, if fear the phone would shot down and I didn't properly review my note

There is a good chance this is the most accurate post on this thread. Inside insight as to why oden was dismissed. Yet, no one comments on it.
Thanks Plum, unless you have 10k post people ignore your information. I try to share what I can.

Reactions: RUInFlorida
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT