ADVERTISEMENT

Season ticket sales dropped from 2022 to 2023

DJ Spanky

The Lunatic is in my Head
Jul 25, 2001
So season ticket sales in 2022 were 21,260 according to this article:

How are Rutgers football season tickets selling in Year 3 of Greg Schiano Redux? Here are the numbers

As of Tuesday, Sept. 6, the Scarlet Knights sold a total of 21,260 season tickets for the 2022 campaign, according to a document obtained by NJ Advance Media through an Open Public Records Act request.

In 2023, that number dropped to 20,873:

For Rutgers’ ticket-buying football fans, another losing season could be the final straw

As the season opener against the Wildcats looms, Rutgers has distributed a total of 20,873 season tickets — 1,806 of which are listed as complementary — via 5,204 season accounts, a Rutgers official told NJ Advance Media on Monday.

• Haha
Reactions: RULegacy
Given the new parking donation requirements, it will be interesting to see what happens in 2024. Based on on-field performance, the numbers should take a big jump in 2024. But these new requirements are going to offset that.

2022 was a horrible year. Lets see what happens in 2024 but I would expect them to go up -- we played relatively well in 2023 and the West Coast schools joining could be enough to make someone who's on the fence decide to buy.

Here's a chart from one of the articles of season ticket sales since 2015. 2014 and 2015 were the zenith with sales over 31K.

5Vw54QW.jpeg

5,200 Accounts average 4 tickets per account...I can see why they raised parking and not ticketing

Other issue is there are only 27k+ donors for priority points also...I got this from my ticket account as I am 1148 out of 27328.

Sad state of affairs by not having more people attending games(product stinks) or even donating with one of the largest living alumni bases out there

• Love
Reactions: rubigtimenow
I really dont see the incentive for season tix given for example this years schedule that had 4 games in one month. I think people are settling into the idea of viewing at home and cherrypicking bigger games they want to go to

I see RU going forward in that 20-22k range until its hitting 8-4 type seasons

The attraction at RU is tailgating. The parking pass is more coveted than tix. Thats why RU has decided to rape its season ticket holder there

I really dont see the incentive for season tix given for example this years schedule that had 4 games in one month. I think people are settling into the idea of viewing at home and cherrypicking bigger games they want to go to

The attraction at RU is tailgating. The parking pass is more coveted than tix. Thats why RU has decided to rape its season ticket holder there
Wasn’t a fan.

Would prefer it’s spaced out a bit.

Always buy parking passes on the secondary market. Keeping donations and athletic tickets/passes separate is best for flexibility.

Front-runner college sports area. I bet there are more NJ natives with Penn State season tickets than Rutgers season tickets. It’s sad, but we’ve never had sustained high level success and few stirring finishes. Championships and national titles aren’t a part of our vernacular.

When do we get to the point where we compete with Ohio State, Michigan, and Pedd State with season ticket numbers ?

When do we get to the point where we compete with Ohio State, Michigan, and Pedd State with season ticket numbers ?

Never. We'd have to expand our stadium to almost double the capacity to match up with them.

What stands out is Ash's four years out sold Schiano's 91,584 vs 79,583 and that Schiano's hiring only sold 445 additional season tickets.

Yea let’s completely ignore how Ash ruined everything Schiano built and turned Rutgers into basically the worst Power 5 football program. And then Schiano inherited the mess Ash was responsible for.

But his season tickets were higher….

Yea let’s completely ignore how Ash ruined everything Schiano built and turned Rutgers into basically the worst Power 5 football program. And then Schiano inherited the mess Ash was responsible for.

But his season tickets were higher….
Do donation and ticket and parking price levels factor into Ash vs. Schiano discussion?

Next year's schedule is more interesting imo.
Teams like Wagner shouldn't be on Schedule - might as well play Marist or Sacred Heart.
At least the Howards and Morgans have the bands and the history.
For past years you could expect some real blowouts.
Between the tomato teams, azz-beatin boss teams, and the couple of crappy weather games, being at every game seemed masochistic.

I always wanted to see a Ohio St or Michigan team but not the way its been.
I remember seeing Michigan tickets for $8 on Stub - no interest.
UConn, Navy, Cincy, SU, WV, USF et al were intriguing most weeks.
UConn and Navy were some of the best games I saw tbh.
At least this year RU started to look like it could fit in B1G

The lack of support by the local fans is disappointing.
It's not a lack of support...people do not want to overpay for a product. I know a school should be able to make money....but you should not have to pay for parking twice or for your seats twice. I did it for 20 yrs but there is zero chance I'd do it today.

Just a ribbing- seems like a post RU Legacy would make. Sorry, bit of sarcasm. Happy Sunday!

No worries. I was posting that to give some context to the discussion we were having about the donation increase for parking. It seems counterintuitive to start raising prices when your attendance base is at best static.

Reactions: Knight Shift
No worries. I was posting that to give some context to the discussion we were having about the donation increase for parking. It seems counterintuitive to start raising prices when your attendance base is at best static.
Have been mostly quiet on the subject, but I agree with you. Rutgers gonna Rutgers.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT