ADVERTISEMENT

UM at MSG crowd

It's too bad that so many Rutgers fans won't show up because too many have an irrational fear of traveling into the city, even though a 12 year old could easily do it.

Just remember where you were when your team needed you. At home, sitting on your asses.
Where in the world did you get this idea - The vast majority of RU fans have no issues at all going into the city. The few that do probably don't go to the RAC either because it is too windy on that campus.

Where in the world did you get this idea - The vast majority of RU fans have no issues at all going into the city. The few that do probably don't go to the RAC either because it is too windy on that campus.
Good. I pray that's the mentality. Some fans treated the pinstripe bowl like it was a trip to California.

Bumping this thread. Hopefully Rutgers Nation comes out in droves for this game. The tix aren’t cheap. (I spent $100apoece for 4tickets in the lower bowl last week). But, it could be a statement game for RU hoops and contrary to what many are saying in this thread, Michigan alumni will be there in full force. Let’s go RU. Pack MSG!

If we can sellout 8,000 3 games in a row no reason we can’t fill that much or more at MSG, the Mecca of basketball in a total love fest event for us by the Big Ten conference, against the Michigan Wolverines of all teams in a year we can legitimately beat them, in our historic season. $35 tickets it’s cheaper than the RAC. Need to do a total takeover, tell your neighbors !!

where are you getting 4 from? Everything I’ve seen says 4:30

You're probably right but better to lean earlier than later. Just guesttimating that wrestling is about 2 hours and change, and then the changeover/setup involving the basketball floor. If it's been announced as 4:30 then my bad.

Only singles left for the $35 tickets. I'd expect them to change a few more rows from $55 down to $35 tomorrow or Wednesday.

You're probably right but better to lean earlier than later. Just guesttimating that wrestling is about 2 hours and change, and then the changeover/setup involving the basketball floor. If it's been announced as 4:30 then my bad.
TV schedule has it listed as 4:30 start

Reactions: RUnTeX
It's too bad that so many Rutgers fans won't show up because too many have an irrational fear of traveling into the city, even though a 12 year old could easily do it.

Just remember where you were when your team needed you. At home, sitting on your asses.

Idiotic post.

Best of Luck,
Groz

Reactions: zebnatto
Just a few years ago we lost to Wisconsin at MSG in overtime in a game we let slip away in the last two minutes of regulation. Many RU fans complained vehemently about our having to play at MSG. Many of our own season ticket holders were over the top upset about this. If some of them had gone and supported our team we just might have won that day. It is very easy to get to MSG. I travel always by train with my son and it only takes 35 minutes. Fans that really support RU will be at the Michigan game and wrestling match on Feb 1.

I’m flying up from Georgia for the Purdue game then bringing 3 others to the Garden for Michigan sitting in section 107. Couple of questions does anybody know if you can leave MSG in between wrestling and hoops for a quick bar hop or is there a no reentry policy?
Also does anybody have an opinion on best train station options to take if heading north from seaside park area to catch train to MSG? I was thinking that the Metro Park station or Long Branch might be the most direct and easiest but not sure since it’s been decades since I’ve been to MSG. Thanks in advance and I hope the home winning can continue before I arrive and after and I can’t wait to see a few games in person and easpecially to be back at the RAC!

I’m flying up from Georgia for the Purdue game then bringing 3 others to the Garden for Michigan sitting in section 107. Couple of questions does anybody know if you can leave MSG in between wrestling and hoops for a quick bar hop or is there a no reentry policy?
Also does anybody have an opinion on best train station options to take if heading north from seaside park area to catch train to MSG? I was thinking that the Metro Park station or Long Branch might be the most direct and easiest but not sure since it’s been decades since I’ve been to MSG. Thanks in advance and I hope the home winning can continue before I arrive and after and I can’t wait to see a few games in person and easpecially to be back at the RAC!
1) Everything I've seen indicates no re-entry. Unfortunately. And the prospect of being stuck in MSG for so long will probably dissuade me from attending the wrestling.

2) If you are looking to limit your driving, taking the Coast Line from Bay Head, Point Pleasant, or Long Branch area is a good option. Metro Park is a reasonable compromise between driving and train. Secaucus Junction requires you to drive most of the way to NY, but you avoid the tunnel and city parking, and it has the most frequent connections to NYC.

Enjoy your trip.

Reactions: Newbrunfus
Is Rutgers doing anything for student tickets? Would make sense to buy some up and give to students at large discounts.

Is Rutgers doing anything for student tickets? Would make sense to buy some up and give to students at large discounts.

"Rutgers Athletics will also provide 100 undergraduate students a complimentary ticket and bus transportation to and from Madison Square Garden. Students with the highest scan rates from the first 10 men's basketball and two wrestling home events will be able to access the free Super Saturday ticket. For $15 per ticket, season ticket holders may also donate tickets for students to attend Super Saturday free of charge beyond the allocated 100 by logging into their account."

I'm getting psyched for this game. I'm also a wrestling fan so will be in for the duration. Long day at MSG. RU fans will show up.

"Rutgers Athletics will also provide 100 undergraduate students a complimentary ticket and bus transportation to and from Madison Square Garden. Students with the highest scan rates from the first 10 men's basketball and two wrestling home events will be able to access the free Super Saturday ticket. For $15 per ticket, season ticket holders may also donate tickets for students to attend Super Saturday free of charge beyond the allocated 100 by logging into their account."
Great thanks for info. I will donate some, hope RU can ramp up over 100 free though!

1) Everything I've seen indicates no re-entry. Unfortunately. And the prospect of being stuck in MSG for so long will probably dissuade me from attending the wrestling.

This is the issue for me.

if you need to kill time just bring a extra battery or plug at one of the lounges as long as you have a cell phone I can't see how anybody can't kill at least 20 minutes if the have on been on line for a few hours.

The Wi-Fi at MSG is the best I have been at in terms of an arena or stadium or concert venue.a nd i 've been to dozens of them coast to coast

if you need to kill time just bring a extra battery or plug at one of the lounges as long as you have a cell phone I can't see how anybody can't kill at least 20 minutes if the have on been on line for a few hours.

The Wi-Fi at MSG is the best I have been at in terms of an arena or stadium or concert venue.a nd i 've been to dozens of them coast to coast
Or just talk to the people you're with. You know, like, in person. For me, I'll probably hit up an arena bar, drink about 3 or 4 $12 beers, and eat a $9 pretzel. Can't wait!

Reactions: patk89
This is the issue for me.

Mind if I ask why? Have you been to MSG in the last 10 years or at least since the renovation was completed? It’s a completely different facility now. Excellent food choices as well as drinking and ones!

Reactions: Jm0513
Upstream said:

Newbrumfest said:

Also does anybody have an opinion on best train station options to take if heading north from seaside park area to catch train to MSG? I was thinking that the Metro Park station or Long Branch might be the most direct and easiest but not sure since it’s been decades since I’ve been to MSG. Thanks in advance and I hope the home winning can continue before I arrive and after and I can’t wait to see a few games in person and easpecially to be back at the RAC![/quote]

2) If you are looking to limit your driving, taking the Coast Line from Bay Head, Point Pleasant, or Long Branch area is a good option. Metro Park is a reasonable compromise between driving and train. Secaucus Junction requires you to drive most of the way to NY, but you avoid the tunnel and city parking, and it has the most frequent connections to NYC.

Enjoy your trip.
[/quote]
Thanks Upstream. Should be a great trip as long as we go 2-0 in hoops while I’m there but if not the pizza, bagels and pork roll will be worth the trip alone.

Last edited:
Mind if I ask why? Have you been to MSG in the last 10 years or at least since the renovation was completed? It’s a completely different facility now. Excellent food choices as well as drinking and ones!

The last time I was at MSG was for the BTT 2 years ago. I only remember concession stands. Are there restaurants and lounges in the building that will be open to us? That may make passing the time between events more palatable.

The last time I was at MSG was for the BTT 2 years ago. I only remember concession stands. Are there restaurants and lounges in the building that will be open to us? That may make passing the time between events more palatable.

They better be open!! Good question!! There are multiple lounges, standing room drinking areas, and what not, throughout the concourses.

Court/Mat side Section 10 row A, party of 4...

Can't wait to see what our turnout is actually like
Hey our group of 8 and @bwrlaw group are in section 10 as well. Talk about it being a small world. What are the odds of that happening, crazy huh?:Wink:

Reactions: BKIn118
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT