ADVERTISEMENT

UMass-Lowell

only 3 FB games left. tons of bball left to watch in person. I'm sure there will be plenty of support in the stands and thanks to those of you going to provide that.

Reactions: MiloTalon13
Still very annoyed this game was scheduled to overlap with the 2nd half of the football game. I can't believe we couldn't have played this game 2 hours later to avoid that conflict, which is keeping me from going to the hoops game.

why would you pass up going to a live event for a tv football game given the footballs less than mediocre product...this one is a no brainer

Still very annoyed this game was scheduled to overlap with the 2nd half of the football game. I can't believe we couldn't have played this game 2 hours later to avoid that conflict, which is keeping me from going to the hoops game.
Most of the football game starting times are determined a week before, with the possibility of
a noon start, 3:30 or 7
Wouldn’t it been hard to avoid a conflict outright? It seems that it would be a matter of luck not to have an overlap, unless the basketball opponent is willing to be flexible late

Most of the football game starting times are determined a week before, with the possibility of
Wouldn’t it been hard to avoid a conflict outright? It seems that it would be a matter of luck not to have an overlap, unless the basketball opponent is willing to be flexible late
Agreed this game has to be scheduled in advance and we only get the football times a week before; the answer would have been to be better in football so we would have played the later game

They return about 85% of their minutes and scoring from the 21-22 team but don't have a lot of size. Last year, they won at Dayton by 1, lost by 11 @UMass, lost by 11pts home to Vermont and 1pt @Vermont, worst loss was N vs Oklahoma St by 22. Most of their team is a year old-er* 😝 now.

Last edited:
They return about 85% of their minutes and scoring from the 21-22 team but don't have a lot of size. Last year, they won at Dayton by 1, lost by 11 @UMass, lost by 11pts home to VT and 1pt @Vermont, worst loss was N vs Oklahoma St by 22. Most of their team is a year old now.

If most of their team is a year old, we should pound the ball inside to Cliff. He should have a significant height advantage.

• Haha
We are a basketball school.
100% agree with this take. Plus, basketball is so much easier to build talent and depth with a 12 man roster as opposed to 100+ kids. That said, why it took so long for Rutgers in the heart of this NYC area loaded with talent is shameful. So many swing and misses with HC's set the program back. Coach Pikell is worth his weight in gold as far as I'm concerned.

100% agree with this take. Plus, basketball is so much easier to build talent and depth with a 12 man roster as opposed to 100+ kids. That said, why it took so long for Rutgers in the heart of this NYC area loaded with talent is shameful. So many swing and misses with HC's set the program back. Coach Pikell is worth his weight in gold as far as I'm concerned.
Rhodium - it's the most expensive precious metal in the world and is 5X more expensive than gold, lol...

There’s no night games in the Big Ten after the first week in November. So the hoops game could’ve been scheduled at night. Rutgers wasn’t interested obviously.

Last edited:
There’s no night games in the Big Ten after the first week in November. So the hood game could’ve been scheduled at night. Rutgers wasn’t interested obviously.
Did not know that and thanks

This game may give us a better sense of perimeter defense situation than the first 2. UMass Lowell shot 50% from 3 against Columbia. They will probably be more like Fairfield.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT