ADVERTISEMENT

University of Florida considering C Ash as a hire

Proud Gator

Redshirt
Nov 25, 2017
I don’t think any fan base knows C Ash better than Rutgers. I’m going to encourage gator fans to come here and read your comments. I have expressed that he did a terrible job at Rutgers, and couldn’t or didn’t want to recruit at a high level. I’ve also showed our fan base that his stats at Texas as the DC are worst than our current DC this season, and everyone wants our DC fired. One comment referenced in his defense is that Urban Meyer praised him, I expect that. But look at his Texas stats as DC and what he did at Rutgers. Thanks for your comments, and thank you for making TN look as foolish as they are. Good luck going forward and take that B1G title under Schiano.

He would be an absolutely great hire at Florida! Any Florida fans out there you should feel very lucky to land this guy as a coach. Don't believe any of the negative posts on this site from a bunch of deranged fans. He did a great job here with the limited support he got from the administration. This guy will definitely be worth the $s, he will not come cheap, but you won't regret this hire, grab him while you can!!!

He would be an absolutely great hire at Florida! Any Florida fans out there you should feel very lucky to land this guy as a coach. Don't believe any of the negative posts on this site from a bunch of deranged fans. He did a great job here with the limited support he got from the administration. This guy will definitely be worth the $s, he will not come cheap, but you won't regret this hire, grab him while you can!!!
This. Most of the fans are so upset he's moved on that there's a wierd revisionist history here. He's a genuine down to earth guy, knows the game very well, is an excellent recruiter, and even has a nose for coordinator / asst. coaching talent (many of ours left before we all expected them to). The guy will literally build a fence around the swamp and FLA recruits will stay in state.

I am telling my nephew to stand in front of Florida Field with a sign that says Ash is Trash !!!

He is not a CEO/VP, he didn't ever run our defense directly so take his time here with a grain of salt for a DC position.

With that said, I think the average Rutger's fan opinion is he he can't coach up talent or adapt his offense to non-top tier players. He wants to play corners on an island and a non-aggressive defense that works if you are physically more talented than the opposing team.

Reactions: RUDead
Proud Gator, Rutgers fans just want someone to pay him a bunch of money so we can get out of his contract with us. If you hire him, the Gator defense won’t be able to stop West Florida. Nephew is a Junior in Gainesville. I am a Rutgers fan but I can’t betray him. Station guards at the Gainesville, Jacksonville, and Orlando airports. Don’t let him get off the plane.

Meyer should hire him at Jaguars if he gets the job because the only way that guy gets a job is he’s hired by someone connected to Meyer. That’s how this hire my guy game works in college and NFL.

GO RU

Reactions: JRZEER
Meh, honestly, he is not a bad coordinator. His first big mistake at Rutgers was that he did not hire the best assistants but looked to get jobs for his "friends". When he took over the defense, the unit played a lot better. In addition, the fan base here seems to forget that he did play a big role in OSU's last national championship. You still may have trouble beating Bama with Ash as the coach, but so does every team in college football.

I don’t think any fan base knows C Ash better than Rutgers. I’m going to encourage gator fans to come here and read your comments. I have expressed that he did a terrible job at Rutgers, and couldn’t or didn’t want to recruit at a high level. I’ve also showed our fan base that his stats at Texas as the DC are worst than our current DC this season, and everyone wants our DC fired. One comment referenced in his defense is that Urban Meyer praised him, I expect that. But look at his Texas stats as DC and what he did at Rutgers. Thanks for your comments, and thank you for making TN look as foolish as they are. Good luck going forward and take that B1G title under Schiano.
My son is a Gator. NOOOOOOOO!

tumblr_n8afvg0mH51qz4yh1o2_r1_500.gif

Reactions: RU-AGK
He is a terrific head football coach, but, unfortunately, the Rutgers administration and fanbase was just too impatient for him to build our program the right way. If Florida is really serious about doing it right, they should hire him immediately before someone else snaps him up.

Check out this clip “a day in the life of chris ash”. Very enjoyable.

Also, your hydration will greatly improve.

As a DC for the Gators, he would be worth approximately $2.5 million in 2021 and $2.6 million in 2022. They should sign a contract to this effect immediately.
I think Florida should pay around $3 mil. Then Rutgers gets a rebate check, right?

• Haha
Reactions: BuckRU
hope you Gator fans understand sarcasm. lol

Ash was worse than Shea and its not even debatable. He was a terrible coach, worse than terrible. Run, just run away

Is Florida part of Iowa or the Midwest?
He didn't generate a lot of buzz in NJ...partly because he thought the Jersey Shore was part of the great lakes.

MO

If you like seeing a base defense that runs quarters every snap, is wildly predictable, makes no adjustments, doesnt blitz, relies on the front 4 to generate pressure, teachers hit and hold defense, hes your guy. Any interest in winning? He aint your guy unless you have superior talent to all your opponents. Hes a horrible DC, his crowning achievement is taking an OSU defense that was 169% nfl players and got them to look good

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT