ADVERTISEMENT

Unofficial Dylan Harper Commitment Watch Thread

york GIF

• Haha
Reactions: DirtyRU
Fill me in on the peppermint pattie reference
Years ago, when commitment gatherings at recruits’ homes were a thing, and mods of the recruiting sites would show up, there was a gathering at a football recruit’s home, and the Rivals mod who attended (might’ve been Matt Hladik) mentioned in the commitment watch thread that the recruit’s mother had put out Peppermint Patties as a snack for those who had gathered while waiting for the kid to show up to the house and make his announcement.

The Peppermint Patty reference took on a life of its own in that thread and has been board lore ever since.

Years ago, when commitment gatherings at recruits’ homes were a thing, and mods of the recruiting sites would show up, there was a gathering at a football recruit’s home, and the Rivals mod who attended (might’ve been Matt Hladik) mentioned in the commitment watch thread that the recruit’s mother had put out Peppermint Patties as a snack for those who had gathered while waiting for the kid to show up to the house and make his announcement.

The Peppermint Patty reference took on a life of its own in that thread and has been board lore ever since.
Thanks! I missed that one as well. Nice mom.

Actually they were waiting for the mother to show up, who was not aware that she was expected. The player was Max Issaka, a Pitt flip when Wanny got fired. I don’t think he ever played for Rutgers, but we were left with a classic story.
Thanks! I remember that recruit, but I don't remember why he didn't play here. Could you imagine the mom walking in on that mess? "What are you all looking at? You could have gone ahead and committed, no need to wait for me..."

I still contend that Kobe as a Laker was better.🤷‍♂️
Not arguing that. Kobe was special out of HS.
If you watch either players tape, both Dylan and Ace must watch a lot of Kobe tape and pattern much of their game in different ways like Kobe. It is why they are wearing "2" and "4" next year in 2024, they feel playing together they will be Kobe 2 & 4.

It says it can be watched on overtime.tv, but when I go there, I can’t figure out how to link to any live feeds….

Reactions: Newbrunfus
I mean, are we not worried about this kid actually putting his foot down to his mom and deciding that he wants to make his own decisions in life like an adult?

Last edited:
News 12 should be at the signing but tv coverage of sports is pathetic.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT