ADVERTISEMENT

Mag?

RUich

Heisman Winner
Aug 2, 2001
I am beginning to think that we may not see him again this season. Injury seems to be a constant. Next year????
Pike really needs to be able to pull one or two high level transfers to set the table for Harper and Ace next year. Since these players are obviously looking for a team with high probability of winning and being in the public eye game after game, the enticement of our incoming stars may be enough.

Reactions: Richie O
The best ability is availability. If he can't stay on the court, it's hard to count on him.

He's now played in less than 2/3 of games since he got here.

I’d sit him for the remainder of the season

Have him recover fully, throw him an NIL deal so he can return for one more run and load up for next year

Reactions: Loyal-Son
With the advent of the seemingly endless transfer rules and the NIL, players are showing little concern about any semblance of the concept of having any college ties. With this in mind, I see absolutely no problem in the door swinging both ways with the coaching staff.
My real concern is Rutgers blowing the biggest opportunity in, my opinion, it has ever had next season.
Many of the current players have had more than enough opportunity to show what they can do on the court. With the level of inconsistency we show on a regular basis, build a better foundation around this chance next season.

He's Australian, which makes it difficult to give him an NIL deal, especially since we're not going overseas this summer.

Also - in addition to Ace, we have a pair of 6-7 and 6-8 frosh recruits coming in who project as defense first players. It’s great if Mag wants to return but, it doesn’t feel like the biggest gap on our roster.

We have 5 recruits coming in. Hyatt, Austin and Noah run out of eligibility. I imagine Chol won’t be back. That’s 4. Can’t see us taking 4 centers so with a recruit coming in at 5 - at least one of Ogbole, Cliff or Wolf won’t return - could be two departures and a portal acquisition.

Guard will be the most interesting position. Dylan is the only new comer. Keeping J Williams is important. I don’t know if keeping both Derek and Davis makes sense. I think we’ll have some fans who think we should keep those guys and replace Oskar with a shooting guard but I’m not so sure what kind of an upgrade we’d get with such a crowded backcourt. I think Oskar is perfect at the end of the roster in a utility forward role. I expect him to return.

Maybe I’m thinking about this the wrong way, but if you already missed the second half of last season and the first half of this season because of an injury and are planning on transferring, wouldn’t sitting out more games on top of that be the last thing you’d want to do?

Ya think? 😂 Done. As stated ad nauseum. Gone to portal too, and that’s fine. He’s replaceable, especially offensively.

Also - in addition to Ace, we have a pair of 6-7 and 6-8 frosh recruits coming in who project as defense first players. It’s great if Mag wants to return but, it doesn’t feel like the biggest gap on our roster.

We have 5 recruits coming in. Hyatt, Austin and Noah run out of eligibility. I imagine Chol won’t be back. That’s 4. Can’t see us taking 4 centers so with a recruit coming in at 5 - at least one of Ogbole, Cliff or Wolf won’t return - could be two departures and a portal acquisition.

Guard will be the most interesting position. Dylan is the only new comer. Keeping J Williams is important. I don’t know if keeping both Derek and Davis makes sense. I think we’ll have some fans who think we should keep those guys and replace Oskar with a shooting guard but I’m not so sure what kind of an upgrade we’d get with such a crowded backcourt. I think Oskar is perfect at the end of the roster in a utility forward role. I expect him to return.
We can probably replace a decent amount of what Mag does with Grant and Dortch, but they are freshman so it's a wildcard. If at least 1 of the 2 is ready to play at this level as freshman that would be huge

I would be much more comfortable with Mag leaving if Grant was a freshman this year

Next year we are just running the risk of being wayyyy tooooo young to capitalize on Dylan and Ace who will only be here for 1 year. We need veterans who will produce around them

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT