ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball Upgrades coming to Bainton Field

ChrisNalwasky

All American
Staff
Mar 25, 2018
FULL WEB RELEASE

PISCATAWAY, N.J. (May 10, 2022) – Amidst a historic season for the Rutgers baseball program, significant facility upgrades will soon take place at Bainton Field, in time for the 2023 season.

Starting next season, the Scarlet Knights will be able to play home games at night, as there will be lights installed at Bainton Field for the first time.

Additionally, a brand-new video display and scoreboard will be installed, replacing the current scoreboard in right field.

"We are extremely excited to be adding lights and a video board to enhance our baseball playing facilities," head coach Steve Owens said. "This will allow us tremendous flexibility for practice and games year-round as well as providing our growing fan base a much better experience to watch Big Ten baseball."

Bainton_Field_Lights_Video_Board.jpg

It’s another building block of being a B1G baseball program. Well deserved by the team and staff and as Heaven said next up… press box upgrade and sound system , concession stand and bathroom improvements and chair back seating between 1st and 3rd. Thank You donors and Pat Hobbs.

How many games a year would we play a year under the lights ? I guess it gives us a lot more flexibility for start times as well especially earlier in the season. And probably even bigger deal for practice time.

anyone know how much it costs ?

Great start and had to be done. Still sorely need some grandstands and bathrooms / concessions that can compete with my local little league program. But one step at a time I guess if we can’t afford the Big Bang renovations

Reactions: HeavenUniv.
I wonder if the first and third base line stands could be reconfigured so that the field is not partially obscured by the dugouts. Now, only the section in back of home plate is not a partially obscured view. And The speakers are just too damn loud to sit there. I always wind up just finding a place to stand along the the third base line. It seems that a temporary fix here while we are waiting for a stadium to be built would be cost effective.

How many games a year would we play a year under the lights ? I guess it gives us a lot more flexibility for start times as well especially earlier in the season. And probably even bigger deal for practice time.

anyone know how much it costs ?

Great start and had to be done. Still sorely need some grandstands and bathrooms / concessions that can compete with my local little league program. But one step at a time I guess if we can’t afford the Big Bang renovations
High school playoffs, high school and youth tournaments, camps & clinics—get as many games here as possible. Have New Jerseyans and their kids growing up look at this as their stadium and New Jersey’s Baseball Team.

Reactions: bigmatt718
I wonder if the first and third base line stands could be reconfigured so that the field is not partially obscured by the dugouts. Now, only the section in back of home plate is not a partially obscured view. And The speakers are just too damn loud to sit there. I always wind up just finding a place to stand along the the third base line. It seems that a temporary fix here while we are waiting for a stadium to be built would be cost effective.
I swear, about six or seven years ago, a Dad of one of our players, told me the following season the field was going to be flipped around about 180 degrees.

I swear, about six or seven years ago, a Dad of one of our players, told me the following season the field was going to be flipped around about 180 degrees.
So our southpaw pitchers become northpaws?

Last edited:
They need some new cans more than anything. The next thing would be the entrance & surroundings. Lights & night games in March, April, & early May not so much.

FULL WEB RELEASE

PISCATAWAY, N.J. (May 10, 2022) – Amidst a historic season for the Rutgers baseball program, significant facility upgrades will soon take place at Bainton Field, in time for the 2023 season.

Starting next season, the Scarlet Knights will be able to play home games at night, as there will be lights installed at Bainton Field for the first time.

Additionally, a brand-new video display and scoreboard will be installed, replacing the current scoreboard in right field.

"We are extremely excited to be adding lights and a video board to enhance our baseball playing facilities," head coach Steve Owens said. "This will allow us tremendous flexibility for practice and games year-round as well as providing our growing fan base a much better experience to watch Big Ten baseball."

328756793_888434372473070_2162532448720930307_n.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT