ADVERTISEMENT

Vegas Event TV

RU72

All American
Jul 25, 2001
The event at MGM will either be on NetFlix,Amazon or YouTube and probably be comprised of 2 MTE's. The organizers are planning to add top SEC and Big Ten women's teams,among others, if the event goes well. Players will have NIL deals in Vegas which will extend beyond the 3 day event.

Dang. There’s definitely some bad blood here. Who has rubbed more people the wrong way? 72 or mags handlers?
I appreciate the post @RU72.
When you're wrong so often, constantly post old news that's already been in the media or print. speak in riddles, and do all that while trying to make yourself look important and " special " , you're not especially likeable. By the way , being a fan of Uconn and everything Ivy League while having a history of belittling the BIG doesn't help.

When you're wrong so often, constantly post old news that's already been in the media or print. speak in riddles, and do all that while trying to make yourself look important and " special " , you're not especially likeable. By the way , being a fan of Uconn and everything Ivy League while having a history of belittling the BIG doesn't help.
Even if all of that is true, he still adds to the boards value.

I'm disappointed that there won't be tv coverage of the tournament on ESPN or another channel.

if you have a "smart" TV it really makes absolutely no difference.

Before it was "why do I have to sign up for Peacock? The rest of the platform is useless to me. I'm not watching anything else on it."

I wonder if anyone will complain about how useless Netflix or Amazon is aside from Rutgers basketball games.

Reactions: Scangg
Before it was "why do I have to sign up for Peacock? The rest of the platform is useless to me. I'm not watching anything else on it."

I wonder if anyone will complain about how useless Netflix or Amazon is aside from Rutgers basketball games.
I have all 3 services. I know many will complain about having to pay additional money to watch these games Nick. Having a Smart TV means nothing if you don't have subscriptions for the services was my point.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
We finally have three high profile non-conference games and no one except die-hards of those particular schools will even know where to find it if they are inclined to watch it. From NIL standpoint and NET it's important but that's it. If tree falls in a forest...

Reactions: ScarletKid2008
Same can be said for ESPN or BTN.
And honestly CBS or FOX.
How many people are hooking up antenna?

"As long as you pay" applies to every sports viewing option.
im not paying for these streaming services....have Netflix but wont pay for any others...so it will be radio for me if elsewhere

For those with AMEX Platinum there is, I believe, a $200 allotment covered for streaming services.

Someone just told me about this and I haven't taken advantage of it but will.

Reactions: trotter
im not paying for these streaming services....have Netflix but wont pay for any others...so it will be radio for me if elsewhere

Do you pay for cable? I'm assuming so (BTN and all).

Why pay for Netflix then?
It's another streaming service.
Just watch what's on cable (that's already being paid).

I know it’s annoying but you’re really going to spend $2K on tickets but draw the line a one-time charge on a streaming service?

Increase in parking fee by hundreds of dollars and people cant line up fast enough to pay.
Becauzszse the empty field got more expensixe for Rutgers and people line up to pay.

Minimal increase in cost to actually watch a game?
Ready to abandon college athletics because it's all about money.

It's comical.

Dang. There’s definitely some bad blood here. Who has rubbed more people the wrong way? 72 or mags handlers?
I appreciate the post @RU72.
Months ago and we also posted it will be streaming services and not TV as well.
@Richie O provides breaking news and someone else who shall not be named provides broken news. Sums it up I think.

Reactions: G- RUnit
If you have Amazon prime for deliveries, you already have it... for those who might not realize that

If you don't, I'm sure you know someone who does and they probably would share their login

There are also many ways to watch for free

I couldn't fathom choosing listening to the game instead of watching. Mind blowing anyone who cares enough to spend time on a Rutgers message board would intentionally choose the radio... or not watch or listen

Paying for the streaming services is cheaper than paying for cable last time I checked. Especially when you can share the various streaming services amongst family/friends.

Reactions: Scarlet Blind
If you have Amazon prime for deliveries, you already have it... for those who might not realize that

If you don't, I'm sure you know someone who does and they probably would share their login

There are also many ways to watch for free

I couldn't fathom choosing listening to the game instead of watching. Mind blowing anyone who cares enough to spend time on a Rutgers message board would intentionally choose the radio... or not watch or listen

I dont order from Amazon but ive had free trials many times in the past. Not sure how often they allow you to sign up for them

Are you going to outsource the bac game recaps for games you don't watch?
that will be the wave of the future as more of these games show up on streaming services and players get more money. I have already talked about how I abhor the thought of NIL and eventually will not be interested in watching the college game with paid players jumping to their next paycheck. We shall see how it goes but I less enthused about college basketball right now than I would normally be given the talent we have on our team.

Reactions: PJVegas
that will be the wave of the future as more of these games show up on streaming services and players get more money. I have already talked about how I abhor the thought of NIL and eventually will not be interested in watching the college game with paid players jumping to their next paycheck. We shall see how it goes but I less enthused about college basketball right now than I would normally be given the talent we have on our team.
Feel like you're ignoring that you'd save money by 'cutting the cord' -- and only pay for what you actually need. Change isn't always bad.

Mind blowing anyone who cares enough to spend time on a Rutgers message board would intentionally choose the radio... or not watch or listen
Nothing wrong with somebody who draws a line in the sand and maxed out with streaming budget. College sports has become take take take take take take take take take take take take from the fan. Never ends. Fu*k them.

Reactions: bac2therac
Paying for the streaming services is cheaper than paying for cable last time I checked. Especially when you can share the various streaming services amongst family/friends.

Nothing wrong with somebody who draws a line in the sand and maxed out with streaming budget. College sports has become take take take take take take take take take take take take from the fan. Never ends. Fu*k them.
Then stop following it-- you hate it and in your mind it hates you.

I paid for a round of drinks last night. If I had stayed home, I would have saved enough money to pay for every meaningful streaming service for a month. When you think of it that way, it seems kind of silly to deprive yourself on principle.

• Love

There's also nothing wrong with choosing to not follow something you hate so much instead of constantly bitching about it to people who don't care whether you continue following it or not.

Great news!!

Also - thanks for letting us all know that when you seem enthused about a win in recaps of the games you actually watch, we'll know its all bullshit.

Reactions: 365Poster24Seven
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT