ADVERTISEMENT

VIDEO: ‪"No shortcuts. No excuses. Just work."

Who was the lefty towards the end shooting the ball? The transfer?

Nice follow-dunk by Geo in there. Hopefully he's got his legs back. He's more athletic than he seems when he's not worn down

Reactions: Scangg
Nice follow-dunk by Geo in there. Hopefully he's got his legs back. He's more athletic than he seems when he's not worn down
I had the same thought seeing that. Totally different player all around when he has his legs. Some guys wear down easily though. I’d like to see him at 25 minutes per, and taken out early when it’s a blowout.

Reactions: Scangg and dkostus
I had the same thought seeing that. Totally different player all around when he has his legs. Some guys wear down easily though. I’d like to see him at 25 minutes per, and taken out early when it’s a blowout.
With the depth we seem to have next year, no way he should be over 30 again. Sometimes seemed like he was the only guy Pikiell trusted so he kept him in even when there were options to get him a rest

With the depth we seem to have next year, no way he should be over 30 again. Sometimes seemed like he was the only guy Pikiell trusted so he kept him in even when there were options to him a rest
Part of his play down the stretch was due to his being worn down, but most of it was due to the increased attention he was getting from opposing defenses.

Free throw highlights would mean nothing. I attended 14 practices this past season and guys made almost every free throw. I saw Doorson being almost automatic making 14 of 15 many times. The games are completely different.

Reactions: satnom
Part of his play down the stretch was due to his being worn down, but most of it was due to the increased attention he was getting from opposing defenses.
Maybe we should give Geo every other game off.

The Geo is tired stuff is made-up. Myles Mack logged similar minutes. Corey Sanders regularly did. James Beatty, Mike Coburn, Jonathan Mitchel, Marquis Webb, Inman, Farmer and on and on. Last year, this "no legs" invention was invoked when Geo was playing badly during a 4-5 week December-January period, as the season was just beginning, even though the team was playing precisely one game per week at the time. The previous year, as we all remember, Geo played his best ball at the end of a long season during the B1G tournament when RU was playing every night.

Geo's problems are Geo's problems, and he should work on them. It's not because he's tired. And if he were (and I don't think he is), he'd have to get himself in better game shape. I agree with others that it's a matter of increasing attention of defenses and, frankly, Geo's own limitations that he has to work on. I'm sure that this "legs" thing won't die here. But it really should.

Maybe we should give Geo every other game off.

The Geo is tired stuff is made-up. Myles Mack logged similar minutes. Corey Sanders regularly did. James Beatty, Mike Coburn, Jonathan Mitchel, Marquis Webb, Inman, Farmer and on and on. Last year, this "no legs" invention was invoked when Geo was playing badly during a 4-5 week December-January period, as the season was just beginning, even though the team was playing precisely one game per week at the time. The previous year, as we all remember, Geo played his best ball at the end of a long season during the B1G tournament when RU was playing every night.

Geo's problems are Geo's problems, and he should work on them. It's not because he's tired. And if he were (and I don't think he is), he'd have to get himself in better game shape. I agree with others that it's a matter of increasing attention of defenses and, frankly, Geo's own limitations that he has to work on. I'm sure that this "legs" thing won't die here. But it really should.
Cool story, bro.

Reactions: sct1111 and satnom

Even beyond the minutes, he had to work hard the entire time he was on the court. It will be an advantage for him to be able to play off the ball.

Reactions: Scangg
Even beyond the minutes, he had to work hard the entire time he was on the court. It will be an advantage for him to be able to play off the ball.
For sure. And to add, every person gets run down and fatigued differently. I would be fatigued playing D1 basketball much quicker than Geo (like, after about 2 minutes), and Geo might get spent quicker than another athlete.

Reactions: dkostus
Free throw highlights would mean nothing. I attended 14 practices this past season and guys made almost every free throw. I saw Doorson being almost automatic making 14 of 15 many times. The games are completely different.
You should stand behind the basket and yell

Is PM allowed to walk into the Rutgers gym, pick up a ball, and mix it up? Has he been doing so?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT