ADVERTISEMENT

Football VIDEO: Rutgers AD Pat Hobbs talks at the CFB150 Ceremony

Hey Hobbs. No one wants to see or hear you unless you're introducing schiano as hc

Oh my God make it end... this should be one of the most celebrated moments in football and we let Hobbs give it to Chris Ash to usher in SMH. Greg Schiano knew this moment was coming but showed no interest in his job after Kyle Flood was fired.

I'm so pissed.... maybe Ohio or Alabama should have been the birth place in college football.:chairshot:

Last edited:
This was so brutally small time.
I’m not good with attendance numbers, but the non-RU administrator turnout was just pathetic. Way to schedule uninspired events in the afternoon of a weekday. And not let anybody know until two weeks out. It was something a high school would do.

Reactions: ruready07
There should have been a double header of Rutgers vs a Big Ten opponents and Princeton vs an Ivy League opponents on campus tonight... the Big Ten Network, ESPN and Fox Sports should have been on campus today... it's been a 150 years for crying out loud! The game started here in the world should know.

Last edited:
I’m not good with attendance numbers, but the non-RU administrator turnout was just pathetic. Way to schedule uninspired events in the afternoon of a weekday. And not let anybody know until two weeks out. It was something a high school would do.

I work at a high school very close to RU and this wouldn't have flown there. They were asking everyone to donate $150 for 150 years. Do we turn everything into a campaign

Reactions: RUSK97
Rutgers small-time this historical event like they are small timing this coaching search. Rutgers needs to interview somebody's winning coach this month or else I'm going to be one pissed off sob.

There should have been a double header of Rutgers verse a Big Ten opponents and Princeton verse an Ivy League opponents on campus tonight... the Big Ten Network, ESPN and Fox Sports should have been on campus today... it's been a 150 years for crying out loud! The game started here in the world should know.
Agree. No mention of this on ESPN’s CFB page. I guess if the birthplace (lowercase intended) doesn’t give a rat’s ass, why should ESPN. There were a few local news trucks there today though.

Agree. No mention of this on ESPN’s CFB page. I guess if the birthplace (lowercase intended) doesn’t give a rat’s ass, why should ESPN. There were a few local news trucks there today though.
This is so freaking sad.... Jim Delaney thought we were big time because we were in the New York Market... we don't deserve to be the birthplace or in the state of New Jersey. I saw a larger crowds at the ribbon-cutting of the new local Wawa.

This is so freaking sad.... Jim Delaney thought we were big time because we were in the New York Market... we don't deserve to be the birthplace or in the state of New Jersey. I saw a larger crowds at the ribbon-cutting of the new local Wawa.
So sad indeed. But just to be clear, this failure to attend is not on the fans. This is on Hobbs and company. Yes, the people we’re relying on to carry out a proper HC search.

So sad indeed. But just to be clear, this failure to attend is not on the fans. This is on Hobbs and company. Yes, the people we’re relying on to carry out a proper HC search.

Said it before and I’ll say it again: this is a 10-15 year multi-administration failure. There should’ve been a countdown of events starting a decade ago. Each year highlighting some part of the history of college football. Bob should’ve insisted we play Michigan (winningest program ever) at home anniversary week. We should’ve had our Rugby team play Princeton’s at halftime of that game. I can go on.

Said it before and I’ll say it again: this is a 10-15 year multi-administration failure. There should’ve been a countdown of events starting a decade ago. Each year highlighting some part of the history of college football. Bob should’ve insisted we play Michigan (winningest program ever) at home anniversary week. We should’ve had our Rugby team play Princeton’s at halftime of that game. I can go on.
Maybe so, but three years is enough time to run a rescue mission. I am in no way a fire Hobbs guy, but there is absolutely no way he can duck this failure. This epic fail is squarely in his court and it’s his more than anyone else’s.

Reactions: ATIOH
Maybe so, but three years is enough time to run a rescue mission. I am in no way a fire Hobbs guy, but there is absolutely no way he can duck this failure. This epic fail is squarely in his court and it’s his more than anyone else’s.

Ehhh...4 administrations in 15(?) years doesn’t help. Neither does a complete overhaul of his department, massive fundraising, and an epically shitty football team. Most is in him BUT HONESTLY do the same thing we did today, with a team coming off multiple bowl wins and sitting at 6-2, wanna bet there are thousands and thousands out there?

Most is in him BUT HONESTLY do the same thing we did today, with a team coming off multiple bowl wins and sitting at 6-2, wanna bet there are thousands and thousands out there?
Well...no. Middle of the day on a Wednesday is enough to ensure a small crowd, but notify people a mere two weeks out? It’s just so damn stupid. Even for a very successful program, this level of $hitty and uninspired is the kiss of death.

Not sure what bright ideas all of you complainers would have come up with.

Wednesday was the actual anniversary.
Do you want to show up in the dark and have a ceremony?

And other (indoor) events were held last night.

What else could have been done on the anniversary date?

(And don’t say play a game. Not with the current state of the program. Plus we aren’t playing a game on a Wednesday night with 5000 people in attendance.)

Reactions: Knight Shift
This was such a missed opportunity. This is something that ONE school gets to celebrate and this is what we do...while having one of the worst programs in the country nontheless. Great Marketing Department too..Not even high school level.SMH

The university should've scheduled a nationally televised rugby match 4 years ago with princeton. To make it authentic and avoid embarrassment on the football field. 4 years to build buzz. And we should've had it in the football stadium. A sell out crowd.

Can you believe that we are allowing Hobbs to hire our next HC??

Wow! And our stadium is named shi_!

Wow! Just, just wow.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT