ADVERTISEMENT

Vlad Goldin FAU

Would love this guy! Perfect fit but we aren’t getting him. I expect several top programs to be all over him.

Last edited:
Agree, Michigan makes sense following May. And they’ll be in a complete NIL rebuild after such a bad season

The center position is most critical. RU can’t afford to be cheap in NIL, or take a chance on a Sophomore with talent

Agree, Michigan makes sense following May. And they’ll be in a complete NIL rebuild after such a bad season

The center position is most critical. RU can’t afford to be cheap in NIL, or take a chance on a Sophomore with talent
My worry is that we’re broke. Ace and Dylan $$. This needs to be an all-in season and it might be telling that we got a cheap MAC recruit.

• Haha
Reactions: Eagleton96
My worry is that we’re broke. Ace and Dylan $$. This needs to be an all-in season and it might be telling that we got a cheap MAC recruit.
Dude got buckets. Only three guards in the MAC got 20 a game…and one of them is 5’11” which wouldn’t work well most games in the BIG (see Fernandes). So basically there were only two 6’4” high-volume very high-scoring guards in the MAC.

Last edited:
Reactions: TRU2RU
Probably the best big in the portal. He's about as likely, as Cliff coming back

You get what you put into NIL. May don't donate and center is the highest paying position in the portal. That sophomore with talent is still going to command a large chunk of RU's NIL budget.

Reactions: zmon61
I don’t know. Against Northwestern in their Big Dance loss he only shot 83% from the floor and 82% from the line while putting up 19 and added only 9 boards.
I like your sense of humor.Centers that could make foul shots at a high rate rarely have been seen at Rutgers.

I don’t know. Against Northwestern in their Big Dance loss he only shot 83% from the floor and 82% from the line while putting up 19 and added only 9 boards.
wolf of wall street ed GIF by Harborne Web Design Ltd

Agree. Pedestrian numbers. Wemby went for 40 and 20 against the Knicks the other night. I'm looking for something in that range on a consistent basis. Will settle for 30 and 15 most nights.

• Haha
Reactions: RUNYC13
On a team that couldn't shoot, you're complaining about paying market for a shooter.
don't get me started....he may turn out to be a better shooter than Simpson, but his % stats don't suggest it. He just shot it a lot more, hence the higher PPG. He also takes a lot of midrange, just like Simpson. I think he's better, but not by a lot.

but yes, we have no 5 at the moment and that's a more critical position on both ends. I'd much rather spend overmarket on a talented big and take a chance on a sleeper (discount) 3rd guard.

Isn't it 4th guard? Dylan, JWill, JaMike plus Accuf = 4.

Need a 4 and a 5 but need rebounding and D more than O.

don't get me started....he may turn out to be a better shooter than Simpson, but his % stats don't suggest it. He just shot it a lot more, hence the higher PPG. He also takes a lot of midrange, just like Simpson. I think he's better, but not by a lot.

but yes, we have no 5 at the moment and that's a more critical position on both ends. I'd much rather spend overmarket on a talented big and take a chance on a sleeper (discount) 3rd guard.
How can you say his stats don’t suggest he’s a better shooter than Simpson? One is a 43.9% career shooter. The other is a 33.7% career shooter and was the worst on all of D1 last season. These numbers are materially different.

Reactions: hiwater
How can you say his stats don’t suggest he’s a better shooter than Simpson? One is a 43.9% career shooter. The other is a 33.7% career shooter and was the worst on all of D1 last season. These numbers are materially different.
Different competition.

A center from a mid major school like FAU could not compete in the Big Ten. Huge step up in competition.

Note dripping sarcasm…

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT