ADVERTISEMENT

VT loses at Vandy

VA Tech could not run the ball and Vandy ran for 181. If that trend continues it is good for us.

VA Tech did distribute the ball well in the passing game and it will be important for us to pressure, and keep the QB from extending plays.

Va Tech has Marshall and Old Dominion up next before the game against RU. Neither team is a pushover. EDIT: Old Dominion beat Va Tech in 2022, played them close for 3 quarters in 2023, and Old Dominion was leading South Carolina late in the game today, losing 23-19. By comparison, we have Akron, and a bye week to rest.

Last edited:
Old Dominion did not beat Virginia Tech last year, Marshall did. ODU beat Virginia Tech in 2022.

Virginia Tech is still not to be taken lightly at all, it will still be a very tough game for us. Their receivers busted a lot of coverage and the pass game was effective for them today when it worked. They def had a lot of issues today too though.

Old Dominion did not beat Virginia Tech last year, Marshall did. ODU beat Virginia Tech in 2022.

Virginia Tech is still not to be taken lightly at all, it will still be a very tough game for us. Their receivers busted a lot of coverage and the pass game was effective for them today when it worked. They def had a lot of issues today too though.
I stand corrected. It was 2022, and different team. The game in 2023 was close toward the end of the 3rd Q before Va Tech pulled away.

Reactions: Virginiarufan

It’s the same run D. I’m not that concern

Reactions: Kbee3
some posters thought VT was going to turn it around this year. Same soft D.
VT defense is Charmin soft. They added a couple interior defensive linemen and a dwarf MLB. That was supposed to make the difference. It looks like it's turned out to be the same sh*t, just a different day. Also, their running game is fake. Drones is the whole thing. The RB from NJ is not good. He's just okay. I posted back on the summer my thoughts on VT and against Vandy, it held true. I think Rutgers has a bigger advantage this year as far as match up. The only thing VT can said they have over Rutgers is home field advantage.

VT defense is Charmin soft. They added a couple interior defensive linemen and a dwarf MLB. That was supposed to make the difference. It looks like it's turned out to be the same sh*t, just a different day. Also, their running game is fake. Drones is the whole thing. The RB from NJ is not good. He's just okay. I posted back on the summer my thoughts on VT and against Vandy, it held true. I think Rutgers has a bigger advantage this year as far as match up. The only thing VT can said they have over Rutgers is home field advantage.
That - and RU historically struggles with running QBs under Greg for whatever reason. Our Achilles heel. The game wasn’t close, but we did let Scroggins run for 68 yards.

VT fans are almost as obnoxious as PSU fans. They were pre-season top 25. They will b tough at home but we really need to leave with a win

They will also lose to Old Dominion. Mark it down.
There's no way, unless Drones is hurt.

I watched a lot of their game vs South Carolina yesterday, I've seen better played high school games.

VT fans are almost as obnoxious as PSU fans. They were pre-season top 25. They will b tough at home but we really need to leave with a win
Definitely a different bunch
Some down to earth, others think it’s 2000 and Vick is coming back

No shame in losing to Vandy in their building. It’s not like they lost to a MAC team. Vtech is going to bring it when we play them.
Yeah, there is, they were 2-10 last year. If we lost to Vandy 3/4's of the board would deem the season over and the preseason was nothing but hype.

Out of the teams we play, the biggest rank jump is Illinois. They went from 82 to 57.

There's no way, unless Drones is hurt.

I watched a lot of their game vs South Carolina yesterday, I've seen better played high school games.
We must have watched 2 different games.
ODU on the road at SEC South Carolina was a 20 point underdog.
SC had to squeeze by with a 4 point win.
2 ODU turnovers deep in their own end killed them.
ODU beats VT at home.

VT's rank dropped from 27 to 29. Rutgers rank dropped from 41 to 45.

You figure Vandy would be somewhat higher than 91 if VT only dropped 2 spots

We should hope that they win their next 2 games , so when we beat them , the win will be more meaningful.
Remember, we didn't play many starters who had dings and dents. Some of them will be withheld for the Akron game and then an off week to recover. We should be in better shape come the VT game. The film from the Vanderbilt game will be helpful in getting our defense better prepared for Drones and friends. Athan, Kyle and Sam plus receivers should have a good game. I am believing we will have a solid performance at VT and come out with more respect. I think we score in the 30's and hold them to the 20's. Good road win. BTW, we played almost penalty free and had no turnovers in game one Athan 3 TD's, 0 T/O's.

Reactions: Knight Shift
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT