ADVERTISEMENT

Wachtel Chimes in

I don’t like it but Wachtel is usually spot on and is pretty partial to Rutgers.

Still need to just focus on Sunday but assuming we make it Dayton isn’t a death sentence. Would just have to make the best of it.

The great reliance on flawed computer rankings is ridiculous! Our NET may be lower than anyone on the bubble, but our 6 quad 1 wins Including 2 on the road) and 4 (consecutive) wins over ranked opponents are better than ANYONE on or even near the bubble!

This isn’t different than how I’m thinking of it. We are not a lock at all to make it, let alone avoid Dayton, if we beat Penn State and then lose our first tourney game, whether it’s after a single or double bye.

The bracketologists in the zoom meeting last night made the point that seeding is totally seperate from whether a team is in a last grouping to be selected and specifically mentioned Rutgers being seeded better because of theircwins. However then we have the net and they could go that way

Reactions: Knight Shift
The great reliance on flawed computer rankings is ridiculous! Our NET may be lower than anyone on the bubble, but our 6 quad 1 wins Including 2 on the road) and 4 (consecutive) wins over ranked opponents are better than ANYONE on or even near the bubble!
If you look at Quad 1 wins we are in 11th with 6 quad one wins and record at 6-5. There are a couple teams that are 6-7.

Reactions: RU-ROCS
I look at Houston with a net of 4 but not in the top 16 release, and think the committee won't be to swayed by net alone. But we will have to see how it plays out

Yeah will be interesting to see how the Committee plays it. Not following why the Committee would do a deep dive into resumes to see who makes the cut and then revert to NET for seedings.

Reactions: ruclass76
Yeah will be interesting to see how the Committee plays it. Not following why the Committee would do a deep dive into resumes to see who makes the cut and then revert to NET for seedings.

yeah, the logic is puzzling. We get in despite NET, but then are punished because of NET even though they have already acknowledged that there are other factors that were more important.

Reactions: mugrat86
I keep saying the same thing. I don’t get why the committee would not pick a team with the best chance of doing well in the tournament. Better for them, better for ratings etc etc……. Holding a loss to Lafayette Way back in November should have little impact as we are currently coming in as a red hot team. Many writers have already said other teams Should avoid playing us at all costs

Cause that makes perfect sense.. NCAA selection process is among the dumbest and most unnecessarily complicated things ever. No wonder these people came up with the original “throw 6 random things in a blender” model that was the original NET.
I don't know what is up but you have been like one of my fav posters of late lol. Not that I didn't respect you before.
This post is spot on. It's fracking HORRIBLE. Who builds a monster like this and doesn't put an override switch in it.

Sometimes it appears these dopes never watched a RU game and rely on a machine to form their opinions. Hey. If a machine does all the talking who needs these aholes.
OMG.. another guy who I question at times coming up with the post of the thread.

I don't know what is up but you have been like one of my fav posters of late lol. Not that I didn't respect you before.
This post is spot on. It's fracking HORRIBLE. Who builds a monster like this and doesn't put an override switch in it.

Its their baby..they are not going to change it

16 teams with 6 or more Q1 wins(Rutgers 6-5)
35 teams with 9 or more Q1/2 wins(Rutgers 9-9)
50 teams with 12 or more Q1/2/3 wins(Rutgers 12-11)

There is a number of teams at 12 and 13 wins where we win 2 more, PSU and 1st round BTT would put us at 14 wins, more comfortably in above top 40 Q1/2/3 will be 1 through 10 seeds, might be 14 or 15 Q1/2/3 wins.by next Sunday. Gonzaga only has 11 Q1/2/3 @ 11-3 and a NET #1 takes 1, so 39 spots left for a top 40 seed.

Reactions: RC71
Its their baby..they are not going to change it
Oh I know, I know. Shame all these know it all leaders in the world can't simply admit something needs to be changed or tweeked. #egos. Or in the spirit of today #americanoligarchs (we have them too)

The bracketologists in the zoom meeting last night made the point that seeding is totally seperate from whether a team is in a last grouping to be selected and specifically mentioned Rutgers being seeded better because of theircwins. However then we have the net and they could go that way

The clue to me was in the first top 16 ncaa bracket release last weekend, top 5 net Houston wasn’t even seeded as a four seed

Reactions: tm_nj and shields
If we finish this thing out and make the tournament, who are they penalizing more by putting Rutgers in the First Four, Rutgers or a team that has accomplished enough to get a 5 seed? Since everyone seems to be calling us so dangerous, a team they would be screwing is a 5 seed that draws us if we escape the First Four with a win.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT