ADVERTISEMENT

Wachtel Chimes in

Watchel is off this time around. I know it’s his opinion but he’s not the committee. He’s very similar to Palm, except Palm hates Rutgers on another level.
Wachtel knows his bleep. His opinion is the one I really value. The only thing is the NET is such a fairly new thing that it is still a bit of a wildcard and our resume is so wacky. But I agree that the committee may put us in based on the eye test but scold us for the weak scheduling and WTF losses and NET and place us in the first four. People only listen to Palm because once upon a time 20 years ago he was trailblazer with THE go to RPI site. Getting by on reputation.

You couldn't see his face from your seats he literally always looked pissed off during time outs
You remember when he was on the staff here don't you? If you saw my face during timeouts I always looked pissed too.

Lunardi just said the same thing, that NET heavily factors into seedings because "they have to use the thing they invented somehow"

Reactions: RUfanSinceAnderson
If you look at Quad 1 wins we are in 11th with 6 quad one wins and record at 6-5. There are a couple teams that are 6-7.

Exactly! Top-11 in Quad 1 wins yet most idiot prognosticators have us on the wrong side of the bubble because of a computer ranking that punishes the team’s November performance when adjusting to the loss of 3 senior transfers and Geo‘s injury.

I personally think a win versus Penn State (this is a must) + 1 B1G tournament win will be enough. But eff it, let's just win the B1G tournament and end any doubt.

Don't even have to win the B1G to remove doubt. Getting to the semis would probably be enough. Just getting to the finals would be a closed, done deal.

The more I read from these bracket tards think if we win Sunday and win one in the Big Ten tournament we are going to Dayton . Just a win Sunday and a loss in the first big ten game and it could go either way if we get in or not.
Like it or not they’re gonna rely on the NET

Reactions: RUfanSinceAnderson
The more I read from these bracket tards think if we win Sunday and win one in the Big Ten tournament we are going to Dayton . Just a win Sunday and a loss in the first big ten game and it could go either way if we get in or not.
Like it or not they’re gonna rely on the NET
We win Sunday we are a lock to get in
Win 1 in Big Ten Tourney an 11 seed

Of course I want us to get in but some of us have been saying for weeks that a lot more work needed to be done. Assuming we make it we might have the worst OOC performance of any at large bid in a really long time. So just keep winning and hope it’s enough.

Like someone said earlier, if the human bracketologists avoid being human and just revert to the computer rankings, who needs human bracketologists? Just use the computer

There is zero doubt in my mind that a win tomorrow and 1 win in the B1G locks us in…and I’m usually a “glass of half empty” kind of guy.

This.

Wachtel is ranked #17 on bracketmatrix. Palm is #100

Just because we think relying heavily on metrics and the NET makes no sense, it doesn't mean the Committee agrees and at the end of the day they're predicting what the Committee will do.
Wachtel is one of the better ones . But his tweet yesterday was so one sided that I replied to him. He tweeted that Rutgers if it makes it
There is zero doubt in my mind that a win tomorrow and 1 win in the B1G locks us in…and I’m usually a “glass of half empty” kind of guy.
you are always glass half empty , tell the truth.

This.

Wachtel is ranked #17 on bracketmatrix. Palm is #100

Just because we think relying heavily on metrics and the NET makes no sense, it doesn't mean the Committee agrees and at the end of the day they're predicting what the Committee will do.
His tweet yesterday was one sided saying that Rutgers would be in Dayton if it makes it and would need to win 2 games in Big 10 tourney if a 5/6 seed and need 1 as a 4 seed because they are 70 in Kenpom and 73 in Net unlike any bubble team. I replied we are unique and presented the other side that no team in the country let alone on the bubble has beaten the top 7-8 other top teams in their conference. Told him we are 7-4 against the top 7/8 and they were also against the top of the NET not mediocre Quad 1 and 2.

He replied he agreed they are a tourney team no argument from him and he has us in and also unique. I then said making a statement basing it on Kenpom and the NET numbers to justify it , should delve into the numbers as Rutgers since 2/1 were until a game ago , # 7 in offensive efficiency in Kenpom, which supports that the team is markedly better as the season progressed and proves the wins against Quad 1 and top of Quad 2 need added value from both human and computer eyes.

Wachtel is one of the better ones . But his tweet yesterday was so one sided that I replied to him. He tweeted that Rutgers if it makes it

you are always glass half empty , tell the truth.
Not always..but the years of being a Rutgers, Mets, and Knicks fan have worn me down.

If the committee is supposed to look at the totality of a team's resume, then Brad is just looking at a snippet by constantly bringing up the NET. What about SOS, which Rutgers is #34. Quad 1 wins at 6 is HUGE. No other team in the "bubble" consideration comes to close to that. If you're going to be punished for losing to Lafayette and UMASS, then you should be rewarded for all of the accomplishments as well, especially winning 4 in a row against top 25 teams.

Reactions: tm_nj and Scangg
If the committee is supposed to look at the totality of a team's resume, then Brad is just looking at a snippet by constantly bringing up the NET. What about SOS, which Rutgers is #34. Quad 1 wins at 6 is HUGE. No other team in the "bubble" consideration comes to close to that. If you're going to be punished for losing to Lafayette and UMASS, then you should be rewarded for all of the accomplishments as well, especially winning 4 in a row against top 25 teams.
Because he's a dick.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT