ADVERTISEMENT

Football Washington Named to Watch List

I'm looking forward to the performance of the entire offense this season. A quality Freshman QB, a quality/experienced grad transfer RB, an electric scat back, some young WRs who hopefully will step up, talented TEs in multiple TE formations, and a succesfull/experienced OC should provide some fireworks.

We have some tools....need the o line to perform. Less gimmicks and return to basic playcalling and playing. This guy needs to be utilized!

We have some tools....need the o line to perform. Less gimmicks and return to basic playcalling and playing. This guy needs to be utilized!
So true. For the skill players to perform, the OL must do it's job.

I'm okay with the gimmicks but I get your point. Washington will be a monster if our play calling and line/qb play is halfway even tv

Reactions: DennisHajekRC84
He is a beast. If his name remains in contention for that award, that will mean Rutgers is doing some pretty good stuff on the field. I hope we hear his name alot this year

Reactions: -RUFAN4LIFE-
Nice recognition for Washington. Rutgers QBs should target the TEs a lot this season. It'll all depend on the OL like you guys mentioned.

He was open a lot and his blocking improved as the year went on. Made some tough catches too. He wasn’t perfect but he was solid last year. I wish him all the best.

You will, and you might even see three tight ends on the field at the same time.

The safer the throw and Sitkowski being accurate from 0 to 10 yards will diversify the offense. Using Griffin-Stewart, Washington and Vololek with Blackshear will force teams to play shorter routes, because we will (or should) be able to complete them....which then allows Melton opportunities over the top of the defense.

Short passing takes heat off the offensive line and help move the chains....which should help the ball control and defense stay off the field.

I know the punting may not be as strong as last year but there's at least a potential for everything to sync up this season....the TEs are part of that.

The safer the throw and Sitkowski being accurate from 0 to 10 yards will diversify the offense. Using Griffin-Stewart, Washington and Vololek with Blackshear will force teams to play shorter routes, because we will (or should) be able to complete them....which then allows Melton opportunities over the top of the defense.

Short passing takes heat off the offensive line and help move the chains....which should help the ball control and defense stay off the field.

I know the punting may not be as strong as last year but there's at least a potential for everything to sync up this season....the TEs are part of that.
RU will not be punting this year, fixing that issue.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT