ADVERTISEMENT

Watched an IU TV Podcast Hosted by Some Guy Named Leary~

RutgersMO

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jun 24, 2001
Rutgers & NJ @ Heart
He and some other IU clone mashed the recap analysis for 39 minutes on You tube. Trace, Race X, Miller Cobb.....recommendation: don't watch it.

On the other hand, "if only this shot or that shot had gone in, it would have been...might have been a different game": yeah, soccer or football... and if my aunt had balls. .

Bottom line they're not worried about their WHoosiers...and i don't care about them except when we play them. Oh yeah, for those Whoosier fans who have apparently have no memory of how we beat them previously here's Mr. Harper / his big balls "ONIONS" shot:

Now to Leary, who prefaced his remark toward the end of their gab fest, with "No disrespect, but Rutgers doesn't have anyone who would scare you". R U Freakin' nuts?

X scares me but not Paul Mulchay, or Simpson, Caleb or anyone else on our team.

If Simpson can score 8-10 points in 60 seconds (think he's done it twice now...with a predicted MORE to come) he seems like he could be Derek "the Flash" Simpson- and he's scary good.

If Cam gets back on track, Caleb continues to mend & play tough D awhile his O looks better than years past (not including last year's ND game), Hyatt adds double figures / rebounds, Mag continues to play tough D / score from mid range and Cliff is freed from idiotic refs calling fouls before he steps on the court....Rutgers might take Indy's spot in the upper B!G echelons.

Besides I'm leery....of anyone named Todd "the Answer Man" Leary.

MO
WE WANT DYLAN HARPER!

Last edited:
I listened to that earlier and thought it was an interesting mix of "Rutgers out-toughed us" comments (rebounding dominance for example); "it's hard to win on the road in the B1G"; and other commentary that gave us some respect, compared to statements of "Rutgers is not talented", "Kansas' environment will be much more difficult", and other commentary that was very dismissive of our team.

"Nobody would've heard of Simpson if he didn't play well against Indiana, and now he'll have a big surge of confidence." ???

I think we did show a game plan for playing Indiana. Double team TJD aggressively, play strong defense on X, and dare many of their other players to shoot from outside. We were laying so far off of some of their guys on the perimeter, daring them to shoot. Granted that might not work nearly as well for teams that don't bring the energy on D, or when JHS is playing for Indiana again as another scoring threat.

Reactions: RutgersMO
I don't respect Leary's dismissive comment about us (our players).

Also, i researched his bio....and he's someone to be Leery of.

He was known as the Answer Man when he played for Bobby Knight....but apparently you had to ask the right question or settle for a C-/D+ response.

Mo
WE WANT DYLAN HARPER!!

You don't care about Indiana but spent over an hour (39min podcast plus researching the host or something)?

Seems like alot of time on a team we've already played.

Well, we don't really have anyone others are truly scared of except maybe Cliff and he was shut down. Yeah he was limited due to fouls but he only had 1 bucket on an offensive rebound. TJD stuffed him and he missed his other shots.

But that's ok. We play team ball where the scoring is pretty even. We have 6 or 7 guys who can score 15. That's the way you want it - not a team like Doubts RU where we rely one 1 guy.

If only type comments aren't for games where you get dominated. That's for close games

I haven't played wordle in awhile but I do play Octordle everyday.

NOMAD BREWS FILTH GUCKY

100% solved if you play those four words first.. you cover 20 of the 26 letters of the alphabet

Reactions: Greene Rice FIG
You don't care about Indiana but spent over an hour (39min podcast plus researching the host or something)?

Seems like alot of time on a team we've already played.
That's because IU still can't get over losing to Rutgers. So, I get it. The OP is throwing a little gas on the fire. lol
On the IU board, they continue to make excuses about losing to us this past Saturday. How many "non" calls against Rutgers will you turn a blind eye? It was the refs who cost us the game.

Last edited:
Reactions: Loyal-Son
290 out of 293

Adieu is a commonly used starting word to get your vowels

I came up with snort because it gives you the o vowel coupled with some good consonants
I like scout….lots of words with the ou combo and it helps narrow down what direction you’re going in.

Reactions: wheezer
That's because IU still can't get over losing to Rutgers. So, I get it. The OP is throwing a little gas on the fire. lol
On the IU board, they continue to make excuses about losing to us this past Saturday. How many "none" calls against Rutgers will you turn a blind eye? It was the refs who cost us the game.

Exact same way we “gave away” the Iowa and Nebraska games last season.

I’m sure every one would be very welcoming and not a “snowflake” if their fans came over here posting memes and bashing the football team.

Exact same way we “gave away” the Iowa and Nebraska games last season.

I’m sure every one would be very welcoming and not a “snowflake” if their fans came over here posting memes and bashing the football team.
I don't think that is cool to visit another school's site and bash them. But if the other school goes down that path, a friendly jab is Okay. Then again, fans of schools like IU, Northwestern, and Purdue have gone out of their way to take digs at us., so they had it coming for once.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT