ADVERTISEMENT

We’ve got a chance to go undefeated this year

I would feel much better if we pooled our money , to raise $500K, to land a Top Notch Tight End. Nevertheless, the opportunity is there. We ran over Miami in the Pinstripe Bowl. The opportunity will be there to run over everyone we play this year. Below is my analysis.

Howard - Winnable

Akron - Winnable

Virginia Tech - Winnable

Beat them 35-16 LY

Washington - Winnable

Loses 22 of 24 starters; New Coach; New QB

Nebraska - Winnable

Rhule Building the program

Wisconsin- Winnable

Braelon Allen ran for 101 yards vs Rutgers last year and declared for draft

UCLA - Winnable

New Head Coach; Could be hit by transfers

USC - Difficult but Winnable

Excellent QB and WRs, but struggled against more physical teams like Utah. Rutgers not as talented but might be more physical, and should be able to run them over, like we did Miami

Minnesota- Winnable

Prior New Hampshire QB figures to be starter

Maryland - Winnable

Loses Taulia Tagovailoa to draft. He was the biggest reason they beat us

Illinois - Winnable

Emerging but unproven talent, not unlike Rutgers

MSU - Winnable

Beat them 27-24 LY
I don’t expect going undefeated in 2024. Could see 10-2 … 9-3 and would be ok with that… we are now relearning how to walk . Next step is running and that I know we can do. Get a Good TE and get a QB to rise up and we could reach another level. Those teams are not all .cupcakes

Reactions: rutgersal
The play that sticks in my mind is the 10 yd overthrow to a wide open Dremel. Can't blame that on anyone but Gavin,
For sure he made bad throws. Nobody could argue otherwise. He unarguably had too many WTF throws.

But in many cases, with apparently growing frequency as the season wore on, the incompletions were due to other factors besides passing accuracy. Stuff that looked like an errant pass but was actually a throwaway made close enough to avoid an intentional grounding penalty.

A lot of game thread participants regularly fail to recognize those as a throwaways. Contributing to the "he sucks" attitudes.

We also had lots of poorly blocked blitzes where our receivers didn't adjust their routes so the ball went to where the receiver probably should've gone but didn't. Those can look a lot like a super inaccurate throws when it's more a case of the receiver(s) not doing what they're supposed to do.

End of the year- I was concerned because GW just didn’t seem to get it enough.
But, with that said- he got us to an .500 team and respected.
Let’s say he just takes another step or someone better beats him- why are we the only time that got worse on our schedule.
OL will be better- B10 Rushing leader back, QB won’t be worse- we are not replacing a top 10 pick. Defense may be better. WR- Is better

End of the year- I was concerned because GW just didn’t seem to get it enough.
But, with that said- he got us to an .500 team and respected.
Let’s say he just takes another step or someone better beats him- why are we the only time that got worse on our schedule.
OL will be better- B10 Rushing leader back, QB won’t be worse- we are not replacing a top 10 pick. Defense may be better. WR- Is better
We are also not playing state penn, UM or the poisonous nuts. We play UW with a new coach and 18 starters gone, a blah OOC and other than USC, mediocre b1g teams

I would feel much better if we pooled our money , to raise $500K, to land a Top Notch Tight End. Nevertheless, the opportunity is there. We ran over Miami in the Pinstripe Bowl. The opportunity will be there to run over everyone we play this year. Below is my analysis.

Howard - Winnable

Akron - Winnable

Virginia Tech - Winnable

Beat them 35-16 LY

Washington - Winnable

Nebraska - Winnable

Wisconsin- Winnable

UCLA - Winnable

Excellent QB and WRs, but struggled against more physical teams like Utah. Rutgers not as talented but might be more physical, and should be able to run them over, like we did Miami

Minnesota- Winnable

Maryland - Winnable

Illinois - Winnable

MSU - Winnable

Beat them 27-24 LY
More than 500k is needed. This imaginary TE will need actual coaching, not whatever they've been doing at that position the last few years.

Howard - Winnable

Akron - Winnable

Virginia Tech - Winnable

Beat them 35-16 LY

Washington - Winnable

Nebraska - Winnable

Wisconsin- Winnable

UCLA - Winnable

Minnesota- Winnable

Maryland - Winnable

Illinois - Winnable

MSU - Winnable

Beat them 27-24 LY
never-go-full-retard-tropic-thunder.gif

If the kid from Minnesota is really a game changer, anything can happen.
We won’t be anything close to undefeated if the QB philosophy based on ability is a no turning the ball over game manager

This season needs the offense to make the necessary upward move. Do that and we can be in the conversation once again. Last season Rutgers averaged 23.6 per game … Close but not where we needed in order to beat several of the teams we lost to in ‘23. Need to go over 30 per game this year if we want to win 9-10 or more. That is dependent upon our O line, TE, WR and QB improvement … if they improve ( and we stay relatively healthy) nothing is an impossibility..

Reactions: NickRU714
This season needs the offense to make the necessary upward move. Do that and we can be in the conversation once again. Last season Rutgers averaged 23.6 per game … Close but not where we needed in order to beat several of the teams we lost to in ‘23. Need to go over 30 per game this year if we want to win 9-10 or more. That is dependent upon our O line, TE, WR and QB improvement … if they improve ( and we stay relatively healthy) nothing is an impossibility..
In 2007, we scored 32.8 pts a game with an outstanding OL, QB with 3k passing, 2 WR's over 1000 yds and a RB over 2000

only year post 2005 that we have scored 30 or more a game.
Let's get up to 27-28 points per game first. With our defense, if we are at 28 pts- we will win a lot.

We won’t be anything close to undefeated if the QB philosophy based on ability is a no turning the ball over game manager
Just give me a kid who will throw 55-57% and I’ll call it a day.

Reactions: RUBOB72
National Championship BABY
Guess I'll bump this thread up from page 101 to page one in 2030
bragging about being right about taking it all and give credit to Al
for having the stuff that great predictions are made of.

No repeatedly denying bumping for me when asked why I bumped a thread that was ancient history and being forced to admit I did after repeatedly being called out for denying I bumped thread
If I post something I try to own up to it and not try to deny or make excuses
and not imply , when slickly referring to it, it was an honest mistake I didn't intend to do.

In 2007, we scored 32.8 pts a game with an outstanding OL, QB with 3k passing, 2 WR's over 1000 yds and a RB over 2000

Let's get up to 27-28 points per game first. With our defense, if we are at 28 pts- we will win a lot.

The quiet thing nobody ever wants to say is that our 2007 offense wasn't even elite.
It was very good but our 32ppg was 35th overall I think and it was #18 or 19 in YPG.

As you said, lets walk before we run.
Just hope we can be in the Top 50% in PPG at some point soon.
We've only been in the Top 100 in 2 out of 4 years of Schiano 2.0.

In 2022 we averaged 17.3 ppg. …In 2023.we got to 23.6 ppg … I am of the opinion seeing who we play in 2024 , what we have returning in personnel and a similar improvement getting to 30 ppg is very possible…. Actually very doable. Nope I’ll give you my goal and I believe Rutgers will make it to that 30 per game avg.

Sure at 28 you win games…. at + 30 ppg with our anticipated D we win 9-10 or yes even more.

Just give me a kid who will throw 55-57% and I’ll call it a day.
And can with full confidence of the entire coaching staff run a two minute drill at the end of both halves, without running the ball and take you 80 yards with less than two minutes

Last edited:
Sure at 28 you win games…. at + 30 ppg with our anticipated D we win 9-10 or yes even more.
I agree that 30+ gets us some magic...Just pointing out how difficult that is. I am not going to compare BE to B1G but in those days- GS 1.0 also had us playing a super bad OOC each year.

But, agree with your point.

I agree that 30+ gets us some magic...Just pointing out how difficult that is. I am not going to compare BE to B1G but in those days- GS 1.0 also had us playing a super bad OOC each year.

But, agree with your point.
I think we all are of the understanding that a 7 pt. Increase per game is going to be difficult. That is why I think reaching into the 30 range is the difference between RU going 7-8 vs. 9 or more wins. Lofty but I’d wager that is an offensive goal for ‘24… For us to reach the upper 3-4 teams in conference will require a QB , TE and WR group that can both run and pass. If Gavin isn’t the guy then we had better hope Alex can be the one.

You'd prefer a frequently turning the ball over game manager? 🙂

If he still is our starter it will be because he earned it. I would expect Rutgers to make sure both get some time . Still want to see all of them in spring game.

And can with full confidence of the entire coaching staff run a two minute drill at the end of both halves, without running the ball and take you 80 yards with less than two minutes
Mahomes ?

If he still is our starter it will be because he earned it. I would expect Rutgers to make sure both get some time . Still want to see all of them in spring game.
I actually feel last year was GW’s year to just own it. He got us to a bowl- so- it justifies tgat decision- this year, it could be anyone but it is still 65-35 GW vs the field

Reactions: Scarlet1984
The ONLY thing I want to see at a Rutgers is a QB who is lights out throwing and using his ability to avoid pressures from the opposition. Do that and we can have a chance against them all.

Reactions: DennisHajekRC84
Never. I'm dumb.

Speaking of which, my dumb prediction for next season's starting QB is still Wimsatt. I don't think that's a sure bet or anything. I just think it's much more likely than not.

And I will dumbly say it's a near-sure thing we won't go undefeated no matter who our QB is. 😃
Until he looks underwhelming against VT and throws 2 picks.
Our HC must use his options at QB and be less stubborn.

Until he looks underwhelming against VT and throws 2 picks.
Our HC must use his options at QB and be less stubborn.
I haven't seen much of the old GS stubbornness (i.e. the Rocket doghouse type thing). If I have to guess, I'd guess that he's far more flexible and adaptable now than in his first iteration here.

But, we fans, including me, really have no clue about his personality traits as a coach. Seeing what happens in a game, or hearing his coachspeak in press conferences is virtually useless as valid information about that. We're all missing far too much of the necessary information to be knowledgeable about personal details of the coaches.

Given that, all our fan-oriented narratives are mostly total BS. Fun, but meaningless.

I haven't seen much of the old GS stubbornness (i.e. the Rocket doghouse type thing). If I have to guess, I'd guess that he's far more flexible and adaptable now than in his first iteration here.

But, we fans, including me, really have no clue about his personality traits as a coach. Seeing what happens in a game, or hearing his coachspeak in press conferences is virtually useless as valid information about that. We're all missing far too much of the necessary information to be knowledgeable about personal details of the coaches.

Given that, all our fan-oriented narratives are mostly total BS. Fun, but meaningless.
Maybe if you actually had a connection to Rutgers either through academia or Rutgers Foundations or Rutgers players ( some do) and maybe even Rutgers staff you would learn about the FAMILY mantra Schiano preaches about. If you don’t follow that logic don’t need to waste our time .

Maybe if you actually had a connection to Rutgers either through academia or Rutgers Foundations or Rutgers players ( some do) and maybe even Rutgers staff you would learn about the FAMILY mantra Schiano preaches about. If you don’t follow that logic don’t need to waste our time .
Did you mean to respond to someone else? Or are you drunk? 'Cause your response has nothing at all to do with what I posted.

WTF are you yapping about? Those magic mushrooms are working for you. Go watch the game .😎

Not sure what you mean either…the family thing was more about the players. While we all know tge Greg/Eric relationship- he was far from “family” to many of his players…

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT