ADVERTISEMENT

We’ve got a chance to go undefeated this year

rutgersal

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jun 7, 2001
I would feel much better if we pooled our money , to raise $500K, to land a Top Notch Tight End. Nevertheless, the opportunity is there. We ran over Miami in the Pinstripe Bowl. The opportunity will be there to run over everyone we play this year. Below is my analysis.

Howard - Winnable

Akron - Winnable

Virginia Tech - Winnable

Beat them 35-16 LY

Washington - Winnable

Loses 22 of 24 starters; New Coach; New QB

Nebraska - Winnable

Rhule Building the program

Wisconsin- Winnable

Braelon Allen ran for 101 yards vs Rutgers last year and declared for draft

UCLA - Winnable

New Head Coach; Could be hit by transfers

USC - Difficult but Winnable

Excellent QB and WRs, but struggled against more physical teams like Utah. Rutgers not as talented but might be more physical, and should be able to run them over, like we did Miami

Minnesota- Winnable

Prior New Hampshire QB figures to be starter

Maryland - Winnable

Loses Taulia Tagovailoa to draft. He was the biggest reason they beat us

Illinois - Winnable

Emerging but unproven talent, not unlike Rutgers

MSU - Winnable

Beat them 27-24 LY

To be fair, he does say, "We've a chance..." That is true. We have a chance every year as does every team when we're all 0-0. Likelihood? Well, that's a different story.

if we have a 90% chance to win each game that comes out to a 28% chance or so to go undefeated.

And that 90% is being severely generous

Wimsatt leads an undefeated 2024 team and then gets replaced by a RS Freshman (Surace) with no experience in 2025?

The hate for Wimsatt is crazy.

The funny thing is- while we know we are not winning them all- there is pretty much a chance in every game we play next year. We normally have at least 3 no shots each year and usually have 2-3 of the toughest cross over teams.

If GW can make a jump or someone else takes over and does at least ok...it could really be a super fun season

Wimsatt leads an undefeated 2024 team and then gets replaced by a RS Freshman (Surace) with no experience in 2025?

The hate for Wimsatt is crazy.
He was improving all season long. And came into the season vastly improved over the prior year. If he continues to progrsss at the same pace, he’ll be very hard for the new guy to beat for the starter role.

People tend to look at the results of any given play and blame the QB for everything that goes wrong, never looking at what the other 10 players were doing (or not doing). The QB or the head coach is always at fault, the OC is sometimes at fault, and everybody else is always perfect. 😀

He was improving all season long. And came into the season vastly improved over the prior year. If he continues to progrsss at the same pace, he’ll be very hard for the new guy to beat for the starter role.

People tend to look at the results of any given play and blame the QB for everything that goes wrong, never looking at what the other 10 players were doing (or not doing). The QB or the head coach is always at fault, the OC is sometimes at fault, and everybody else is always perfect. 😀
I hope he improves. Teel didn’t really click until late in his third year. Gavin is going into his third season (I am not counting his senior year of hs ) . There is hope . But man he was really bad on what appeared to be easier throws.

The funny thing is- while we know we are not winning them all- there is pretty much a chance in every game we play next year. We normally have at least 3 no shots each year and usually have 2-3 of the toughest cross over teams.

If GW can make a jump or someone else takes over and does at least ok...it could really be a super fun season
I've said similar in one of these past scheduling discussion threads. USC is the exception though. I don't like matchups against potent productive offenses and USC is one, even while they were down last year. That game is on the road too. It's part of why I said this past year we'd have our best chance against OSU than we've had previous because their offense had changed and was less productive/potent than previous years.

Outside of USC, I think everyone else who could potentially be a productive offense is up in the air due to roster/qb/coaching changes so are potentially doable for us.

Reactions: yesrutgers01
I hope he improves. Teel didn’t really click until late in his third year. Gavin is going into his third season (I am not counting his senior year of hs ) . There is hope . But man he was really bad on what appeared to be easier throws.
Some throws to receivers behind the line in particular stood out as seemingly obvious QB mistakes. But he kept getting better at them as the season progressed. He was showing way more touch and doing a better job of putting the ball where it should be to help the receiver, towards the end of the season.

Obviously not perfect by a long shot. But showed he can do it and just needs to be more consistent. His receivers must improve a ton. I think GW is way closer to being what is needed to improve the passing game than our receivers are, at the moment.

Last edited:
I would feel much better if we pooled our money , to raise $500K, to land a Top Notch Tight End. Nevertheless, the opportunity is there. We ran over Miami in the Pinstripe Bowl. The opportunity will be there to run over everyone we play this year. Below is my analysis.

Howard - Winnable

Akron - Winnable

Virginia Tech - Winnable

Beat them 35-16 LY

Washington - Winnable

Loses 22 of 24 starters; New Coach; New QB

Nebraska - Winnable

Rhule Building the program

Wisconsin- Winnable

Braelon Allen ran for 101 yards vs Rutgers last year and declared for draft

UCLA - Winnable

New Head Coach; Could be hit by transfers

USC - Difficult but Winnable

Excellent QB and WRs, but struggled against more physical teams like Utah. Rutgers not as talented but might be more physical, and should be able to run them over, like we did Miami

Minnesota- Winnable

Prior New Hampshire QB figures to be starter

Maryland - Winnable

Loses Taulia Tagovailoa to draft. He was the biggest reason they beat us

Illinois - Winnable

Emerging but unproven talent, not unlike Rutgers

MSU - Winnable

Beat them 27-24 LY
Howard is only "winnable"? Al, you are slipping.

Reactions: RU at the shore
Virginia tech will be a tough game. We will be underdogs
On the other side of the coin - VaTech should also say the same thing...Rutgers will be a tough game- they beat us last year, didn't lose many players and gave OSU and Michigan really tough games. We could be underdogs in this one...

The play that sticks in my mind is the 10 yd overthrow to a wide open Dremel. Can't blame that on anyone but Gavin,

Al follows up someone reviving two cringeworthy old posts with very bad predictions by...making another prediction.

I was more referencing that Al said Suarace is going to be the greatest QB ever.
Specifically that in 2025 Redshirt Freshman Suarace (with minimal experience) will beat out Senior Wimsatt for the starting spot.

So even though Wimsatt could have an undefeated season in 2024, he's going to lose his job. Putting two of Al's thoughts together.

He's being quite harsh on Wimsatt.

Reactions: mildone
Just like this prediction where you claimed they could win the Big and ended up going 0-9 in conference.

Just like this prediction where you claimed they could win the Big and ended up going 0-9 in conference.

I am not falling for the posted link and response again !!

Reactions: yesrutgers01

You're doubting Al's Eagle Eye, his ability to assess talent and see Xs and Os literally on the field in real time?? Why, how dare you, Sir! Pistols at dawn in front of the field house!

Last edited:
Reactions: PSU_Nut
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT