ADVERTISEMENT

We’ve got a chance to go undefeated this year

Yes the FAMILY mantra is a player thing… it is is a FAMILY thing at a number of schools… players either like Schiano or don’t… Over the years knowing former players both who played for him and others who didn’t have mostly positive things to say. He’s not supposed to be their mom n dad …. Schiano is their mentor, guardian , counselor and coach . I’ll leave it at that.

Reactions: rutgersal
Yes the FAMILY mantra is a player thing… it is is a FAMILY thing at a number of schools… players either like Schiano or don’t… Over the years knowing former players both who played for him and others who didn’t have mostly positive things to say. He’s not supposed to be their mom n dad …. Schiano is their mentor, guardian , counselor and coach . I’ll leave it at that.
I believe 2.0 is a different man...He had a lot of positives in his first run through here but a lot of negatives as well. Enough to where he was even open enough to have the conversation to apologize for some things he had done and said. There are a lot of players during 1.0 that really do not like or respect the man he was back then.
There are also some that love him and there are some that just don't care or, they stick to the mantra of just giving the company line to anyone outside of their circle.

I believe 2.0 is a different man...He had a lot of positives in his first run through here but a lot of negatives as well. Enough to where he was even open enough to have the conversation to apologize for some things he had done and said. There are a lot of players during 1.0 that really do not like or respect the man he was back then.
There are also some that love him and there are some that just don't care or, they stick to the mantra of just giving the company line to anyone outside of their circle.

Schiano is still a “ tough” taskmaster who expects a great deal from everyone including himself. Classroom, on the field , in the weight room , outside the confines of the Hale Center he is the same. The fact is still quite simple for me. If you don’t like some regimentation and strict adherence to the program in place then no you probably won’t . Greg was sometimes aloof to former players back early on. I think this has also changed dramatically since the first tour.

Let’s put it this way—there is a real opportunity to get respectability this year—maybe get into that 4th spot and go to a nice bowl. Beating Washington and UCLA would go a long way in perception and could certainly help with recruiting. The real question is—can the coaches rise to the occasion?

Reactions: GillesDeleuze
Let’s put it this way—there is a real opportunity to get respectability this year—maybe get into that 4th spot and go to a nice bowl. Beating Washington and UCLA would go a long way in perception and could certainly help with recruiting. The real question is—can the coaches rise to the occasion?
F Respectability. We achieved respectability last year when we ran over Miami. This past year felt like a 2005 type season. This year is poised to be a 2006 type season.

Reactions: Knight Shift
I agree my friend it felt very much like 2005 and if you understand Schiano with all his quirks and faults If we win the first 3 ( VT gonna be a barn burner) …. We can achieve something many still can’t see is within reach.I don’t expect to us win it this season but yes a 10 win season awaits if the QB position and WR groups progress.

Reactions: rutgersal
I agree my friend it felt very much like 2005 and if you understand Schiano with all his quirks and faults If we win the first 3 ( VT gonna be a barn burner) …. We can achieve something many still can’t see is within reach.I don’t expect to us win it this season but yes a 10 win season awaits if the QB position and WR groups progress.
Agreed. Anything above 6 wins is acceptable, considering where we’ve been. But you look at our schedule, look at our talent level, and we’ve got a chance to win them all. We have haven’t had the same opportunity since 2006 and 2012. Just do to sheer talent level, we can expect QB and WR positions to progress. As I said in the OP, we just need a big play TE, and we’re good to go. In 2001, Miami was able to recruit Jeremy Shockey, who played an integral role in their National Championship Season. This kind of addition would be a dream. If Victor or any newcomer can be 40% of Shockey, that would work too.

Reactions: letitrip2
Wow missing the top 4 teams in conference can be good for the record but going undefeated in the Big Ten is really hard even for the top teams.

Reactions: Knight Shift
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT