ADVERTISEMENT

We made it : The Bottom 25

Well, let's look at the bright side...at least we are getting some name recognition out of this!! LOL

Why Penn State is allowed to still troll this board I don’t know. If this was BWI he’d be banned after 1 week. @Richard Schnyderite is a Penn state kid maybe that’s why he lets this guy stay on here and be a troll and menace to the RUTGERS FAN board. Constant trolling

Plum Street
Plum St.
P*** St.
Penn St

How you people don’t see it
Luckily I’ve had him on ignore for a couple years but clicked the “show ignored” on the bottom just to see what morons are saying and of course I see this thread by the troll

No one is taking pleasure or celebrating
3447333.jpg

Why Penn State is allowed to still troll this board I don’t know. If this was BWI he’d be banned after 1 week. @Richard Schnyderite is a Penn state kid maybe that’s why he lets this guy stay on here and be a troll and menace to the RUTGERS FAN board. Constant trolling

Plum Street
Plum St.
P*** St.
Penn St

How you people don’t see it
Luckily I’ve had him on ignore for a couple years but clicked the “show ignored” on the bottom just to see what morons are saying and of course I see this thread by the troll
I’m a Rutgers alum? My sister, my mom, my three uncles and my grandpa are Rutgers alum.

So I’m not sure where you are getting your info from 🤣, but check your sources.

As for Plum, I can tell you he’s a Rutgers fan for a fact and just wants to see them do better like all of us do. If you have him on ignore then I suggest you don’t click the “show ignored” button as it will likely annoy you by seeing a post from a user you are not fond of.

“Luckily I’ve had him on ignore for a couple years but clicked the “show ignored” on the bottom just to see what morons are saying.”

I’m a Rutgers alum? My sister, my mom, my three uncles and my grandpa are Rutgers alum.

So I’m not sure where you are getting your info from 🤣, but check your sources.

As for Plum, I can tell you he’s a Rutgers fan for a fact and just wants to see them do better like all of us do. If you have him on ignore then I suggest you don’t click the “show ignored” button as it will likely annoy you by seeing a post from a user you are not fond of.

“Luckily I’ve had him on ignore for a couple years but clicked the “show ignored” on the bottom just to see what morons are saying.”
I was waiting for Richie’s post… nice.

That is too simple Rich… if you don’t agree or have nothing constructive hit the ignore.

Please try not to hurt anyones feelings.
Plum I don’t believe that’s the intent of those who push back against Rutgers free board posters . Feelings aren’t the reason. There is a group who literally will only post everything bad but almost never join threads which project success in any way . Especially relegated to football or Basketball. I grant you we haven’t t played or coached well in a number of games that is a fair assessment. I think recently many are fed up and realize criticizing is one thing and acceptable .Bashing everything Rutgers is not. You do occasionally post good content . The CB post seemed like it was done to deliberately embarrass . If this were the PSU or 25 -50 other boards those folks would most definitely be given what Richie and the Mods call a Time Out.

Plum I don’t believe that’s the intent of those who push back against Rutgers free board posters . Feelings aren’t the reason. There is a group who literally will only post everything bad but almost never join threads which project success in any way . Especially relegated to football or Basketball. I grant you we haven’t t played or coached well in a number of games that is a fair assessment. I think recently many are fed up and realize criticizing is one thing and acceptable .Bashing everything Rutgers is not. You do occasionally post good content . The CB post seemed like it was done to deliberately embarrass . If this were the PSU or 25 -50 other boards those folks would most definitely be given what Richie and the Mods call a Time Out.
I feel like I am a reasonable poster . If the team is playing well I give credit . If the team is not , I post that . They play the games and we as fans get to react .
I can see your point if you got nothing nice to say , don’t say it at all. But this is a sports message board so I think performance is fair game , no matter how good or bad the team plays.

I feel like I am a reasonable poster . If the team is playing well I give credit . If the team is not , I post that . They play the games and we as fans get to react .
I can see your point if you got nothing nice to say , don’t say it at all. But this is a sports message board so I think performance is fair game , no matter how good or bad the team plays.
Plum it’s not you …you are entitled to voice your displeasure nothing wrong with that.

win on Saturday and this won't even stick in brain 10 seconds after Maryland goes down.
Lose and the off season will be a long one, with many posts talking about disses like this.

fwiw i’ve never said anything overly negative about Pike or any player on the roster this year or last. twas 2 years ago and before that i had a lot negative to say about MJ#15 who i thought was god-awful on offense and was giddy when he left and Cliff got his minutes and development opportunity.

Plum- do you, Sam, shelby and moose all just go out searching for anything negative on Rutgers?

Asking for a friend
In my world, I accept reality and look at the evidence on hand, as opposed to being passive and living in a deluded version of reality.

Last edited:
Reactions: Plum Street
Put Rutgers, and Northwestern for that matter, in a MAC or AAC schedule and they wouldn't r on the list. Those teams didn't get pounded by the Big 10 elite. It takes a toll.

But it generates clicks
We aren’t in the MAC, we are in the Big 10no excuses. We r what our record say we are a bottom 25 team where will we be next year at this time

Reactions: PoundingNails
It took 11 games , but we have made our season debut in the CBS sports Bottom 25.
It’s official .

We aren’t in the MAC, we are in the Big 10no excuses. We r what our record say we are a bottom 25 team where will we be next year at this time
And if we aren’t can we have you placed in a year long timeout?

So- for the few named- it isn't that you look at reality- you all seem to enjoy that the team does bad so you can puff your chest on how negatively right you were.
If you discussed your concerns in threads that are just open opinions on where you think the team is- have at it. But a handfull of posters would rather find everything negative and just continue to post it. There is a reason that almost every fan on this site can name the handful that do this.
I give my negative view and where I think we need to improve. I talk about if GS can get us to anything better. I post of my displeasure. And with all of that, somehow, no one would ever put me in the same sentence as the group that everyone knows.
And I will add this- Plum, you may be the least offensive. lol

Reactions: MADHAT1
And if we aren’t can we have you placed in a year long timeout?
Next year's schedule is brutal, and we don't have an established QB. Wimsatt doesn't look to be the answer, cannon for an arm but they have been working on his accuracy in practice for going on two years to no avail. I am hoping the new OC will bring a kid in from the TP that wants to work with him and can hit the ground running in 23, otherwise anything more than 3 or 4 wins may be a real stretch.

NUTS… he’s just one of a small group who gets their rocks off on pointing out the illegitimate Rutger’s athletic programs. TRUE RU fans … the quick to criticize those who try to post positives and hope for future success. The same type posters who ran rampant from 2001-2004 . Then disappeared until we lost to Cincinnati . Time to ignore .

Next year's schedule is brutal, and we don't have an established QB. Wimsatt doesn't look to be the answer, cannon for an arm but they have been working on his accuracy in practice for going on two years to no avail. I am hoping the new OC will bring a kid in from the TP that wants to work with him and can hit the ground running in 23, otherwise anything more than 3 or 4 wins may be a real stretch.
I think it is more about the speed of the game than accuracy alone. And you just can't slow down the game in practice.

I think it is more about the speed of the game than accuracy alone. And you just can't slow down the game in practice.
I agree that the speed of the game is the key problem. All we really can hope is that with experience the game slows down for Wimsatt. But there's no way of knowing if it will. Maybe we'll see it on Saturday. If it doesn't, we need to get a QB in the portal as an alternative. Until he has established himself, he has to expect competition. If he transfers because he doesn't want competition, so be it.

Reactions: yesrutgers01
Not many QB’s just turned 19 year olds are ready to be THE GUY. I don’t count last season’s few outings as significant to his development . Then take into account Gavin missed 3 full games prior to game # 9-10-11. I also doubt his ankle is 100% and I also believe his escapability is still limited. For fans to expect otherwise is showing a total lack of common sense about the situation.Tell me how many top QB’s have not had stretches of playing poorly while in college. Even the current Michigan starter McCarthy was playing backup for several games. This concern is waaaay over the top. The fact is the O line , WR, TE , can make the average QB look like the next coming of Tom Brady who by the way had a long journey to being THE GUY at Michigan. Work on that accuracy this off season and we actually be happy in the next few years.Still need 2 QB’s in this class. 1 portal transfer and 1 high schooler.

Put Rutgers, and Northwestern for that matter, in a MAC or AAC schedule and they wouldn't r on the list. Those teams didn't get pounded by the Big 10 elite. It takes a toll.

But it generates clicks
If we were in the MAC our recruiting would be not as good as now since we don’t have the allure of the big ten

Our team would not be the one we have now, and it is possible that we would be very middle of the road

Why Penn State is allowed to still troll this board I don’t know. If this was BWI he’d be banned after 1 week. @Richard Schnyderite is a Penn state kid maybe that’s why he lets this guy stay on here and be a troll and menace to the RUTGERS FAN board.

Wow, what the hell are you smoking? It's really rude of you not to share it.

That’s your opinion my friend.
Not it’s a fact. Get your head out of your arse.
Accumulation of blunders, penalties, undisciplined play, and bone head coaching. A complete cluster since the Temple game sans Indiana. Any rational person without rose colored glasses knows this.

We won 3 D1 games by 10 total pts, 22-21 #16 BC, 16-14 #13 Temple and 24-17 4-7 Indiana with a combined record of 10-23, 62-52 (20.7-17.3)

We lost to 3 top 25 teams Ohio St, UM, and Penn St by a combined score of 37-156 this year, 12.3-52.0.

The other 4 losses, 7-4 Iowa, 7-4 Minnesota combined 10-58, 5-6 Mich St 21-27 and 3-8 Nebraska 13-14

Last edited:
Not many QB’s just turned 19 year olds are ready to be THE GUY. I don’t count last season’s few outings as significant to his development . Then take into account Gavin missed 3 full games prior to game # 9-10-11. I also doubt his ankle is 100% and I also believe his escapability is still limited. For fans to expect otherwise is showing a total lack of common sense about the situation.Tell me how many top QB’s have not had stretches of playing poorly while in college. Even the current Michigan starter McCarthy was playing backup for several games. This concern is waaaay over the top. The fact is the O line , WR, TE , can make the average QB look like the next coming of Tom Brady who by the way had a long journey to being THE GUY at Michigan. Work on that accuracy this off season and we actually be happy in the next few years.Still need 2 QB’s in this class. 1 portal transfer and 1 high schooler.
There’s some truth to this Gavin analysis but what’s plaguing the offense is limited WR and TE talent. Guys can’t get open, not even Cruickshank.

We won 3 D1 games by 10 total pts, 22-21 #16 BC, 16-14 #13 Temple and 24-17 4-7 Indiana with a combined record of 10-23, 62-52 (20.7-17.3)

We lost to 2 top 5 teams Ohio St, UM, and #11 Penn St by a combined score of 37-156 this year, 12.3-52.0.

The other 4 losses, 7-4 Iowa (tied for 1st in the west), 7-4 Minnesota (tied for 2nd in the west) combined 10-58, 5-6 Mich St 21-27 and 3-8 Nebraska 13-14
FIFY

Also that’s 4 losses to the top 4 teams in the B1G. Nebraska is the only game that got away. Schedule was difficult. We won all the games we should except for Neb. Mich St and MD are toss ups but on the road.

FIFY

Also that’s 4 losses to the top 4 teams in the B1G. Nebraska is the only game that got away. Schedule was difficult. We won all the games we should except for Neb. Mich St and MD are toss ups but on the road.
So I guess no problems in being completely over matched by 5 of the top 6 teams in the conference by a combined 47-214 in year 3 of the build?

In year 3 of the Big East(5-7, 2-5) the first go around, we lost 28-44 @ 8-5 Mich St, 22-48 vs 8-5 Va Tech, 19-34 @ 8-5 WVU, 32-42 @ 8-5 Pitt, 25-35 vs 8-5 BC, and 10-34 @ 11-2 Miami, beat a 6-6 Syracuse 24-7 and 8-5 Navy 48-27.

Played and/or started Ryan Hart 5 games Freshman yr 2002, lost a year of eligibility, and started him all 12 games his 2nd year in 2003. Gavin played in 4 last year, didn't get the amount of reps Ryan Hart did in 2002, but saved his redshirt. I said from the start of this year, they would have been further along if they had started Gavin from the beginning of this year and should have started him once or twice last year against an inferior opponent like NW or Indiana. Kind of the reason Gleeson is gone, Schiano knew it wasn't working after 6 games and it was too late to fix the course so now we are a half year or so behind where we should be.

Last edited:
You will more than likely see a portal transfer I agree with that and hopefully a high schooler as well . Those already disqualifying Gavin Wimsatt are putting the horse before the cart. Same type fans who wanted to run off the likes of Mike Teel, Gary Nova and now this 19 year old with 5-6 games total. You may be proven correct in the end but if Wimsatt does win the job will you promise to apologize … to Wimsatt?

You will more than likely see a portal transfer I agree with that and hopefully a high schooler as well . Those already disqualifying Gavin Wimsatt are putting the horse before the cart. Same type fans who wanted to run off the likes of Mike Teel, Gary Nova and now this 19 year old with 5-6 games total. You may be proven correct in the end but if Wimsatt does win the job will you promise to apologize … to Wimsatt?
Wimsatt doesn't give a crap about an apology from a poster on an anonymous sports board. If he does than he has more than accuracy issues he needs to address. However, I will admit I am wrong in a nano second, here is the deal, I want to be wrong, because if I am wrong that means we are winning games. Same with Schiano, I want to be wrong, I want him to be a legendary coach, because again, that means we are winning games. However, I often feel based on the posts on this board that a lot of posters are Schiano fans first and foremost and if Schiano goes down they are more than happy to see Rutgers fall as well.

FIFY

We were expected to win 3 to 4 games by just about everyone this year and we met expectations. If we win tomorrow we exceed those expectations. People need to get off the ledge and relax a bit . People that were unrealistic in expectations are having melt downs and it shows in their posts EVERY DAY. HAPPY THANKSGIVING .

Wimsatt doesn't give a crap about an apology from a poster on an anonymous sports board. If he does than he has more than accuracy issues he needs to address. However, I will admit I am wrong in a nano second, here is the deal, I want to be wrong, because if I am wrong that means we are winning games. Same with Schiano, I want to be wrong, I want him to be a legendary coach, because again, that means we are winning games. However, I often feel based on the posts on this board that a lot of posters are Schiano fans first and foremost and if Schiano goes down they are more than happy to see Rutgers fall as well.
Of course, you're entitled to your feelings. But from my reading of the posts, I do not think there is anybody who would be "more than happy to see Rutgers fail" with a coach other than Schiano. Rather, there are many people who think that Schiano is the best path to have Rutgers succeed.

ADVERTISEMENT