ADVERTISEMENT

We made it : The Bottom 25

So I guess no problems in being completely over matched by 5 of the top 6 teams in the conference by a combined 47-214 in year 3 of the build?

In year 3 of the Big East(5-7, 2-5) the first go around, we lost 28-44 @ 8-5 Mich St, 22-48 vs 8-5 Va Tech, 19-34 @ 8-5 WVU, 32-42 @ 8-5 Pitt, 25-35 vs 8-5 BC, and 10-34 @ 11-2 Miami, beat a 6-6 Syracuse 24-7 and 8-5 Navy 48-27.

Played and/or started Ryan Hart 5 games Freshman yr 2002, lost a year of eligibility, and started him all 12 games his 2nd year in 2003. Gavin played in 4 last year, didn't get the amount of reps Ryan Hart did in 2002, but saved his redshirt. I said from the start of this year, they would have been further along if they had started Gavin from the beginning of this year and should have started him once or twice last year against an inferior opponent like NW or Indiana. Kind of the reason Gleeson is gone, Schiano knew it wasn't working after 6 games and it was too late to fix the course so now we are a half year or so behind where we should be.
The top 5 teams have a combined record of 45-10.

Less than ~5-8 teams in the country would have less than 3 losses in the Big Ten East. Then I think maybe only Georgia would have less than 2.

Rutgers would be probably 8-4 in the ACC with Syracuse's schedule.

Wimsatt doesn't give a crap about an apology from a poster on an anonymous sports board. If he does then he has more than accuracy issues he needs to address. However, I will admit I am wrong in a nano second, here is the deal, I want to be wrong, because if I am wrong that means we are winning games. Same with Schiano, I want to be wrong, I want him to be a legendary coach, because again, that means we are winning games. However, I often feel based on the posts on this board that a lot of posters are Schiano fans first and foremost and if Schiano goes down they are more than happy to see Rutgers fall as well.
Well , the way it works is you support the school ,team, players and staff up to the time the HC ‘s initial contract is up or the AD chooses to part ways.That may have been different had the program not be so piss poor after Ash. Then the mere fact it came at the very onset of a pandemic is another valid point. “ Don’t argue with stupid people they will drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.” When you make the claim about a potentially dynamic QB ( Wimsatt) you more than match the quote. What is the percentage of just turned 19 year olds who start and are instant stars? There are some and there are others who just are not fully ready. No need to argue with someone whose only goal and purpose on this board is to see Rutgers fail and ridicule. Be happy there aren’t more who are calling you out.

We are what are record is.
Which is not very good and it's obvious we are not a very good tea, hard to argue with bottom 25 ranking.....we barely.....and it was only barely, got by Temple and BC....both very bad teams. Could not beat a terrible Nebraska team and got annihilated by the Big 3.
Didn't look good at MS.
Let's see what happens tomorrow but there is little reason to be optimistic. That being said I hope we win which would give us some hope for next year.

Cardinal ??? We are what are ( our) record is. I don’t know what a “ tea” is did you mean team? Sure “ I hope we win” but if we don’t … there is always a reason to have optimism and hope. Rutgers fans who have been through both bad , terrible and happy times . I still wonder WTF is cardinal . What possible affiliation does that hold .

Well , the way it works is you support the school ,team, players and staff up to the time the HC ‘s initial contract is up or the AD chooses to part ways.That may have been different had the program not be so piss poor after Ash. Then the mere fact it came at the very onset of a pandemic is another valid point. “ Don’t argue with stupid people they will drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.” When you make the claim about a potentially dynamic QB ( Wimsatt) you more than match the quote. What is the percentage of just turned 19 year olds who start and are instant stars? There are some and there are others who just are not fully ready. No need to argue with someone whose only goal and purpose on this board is to see Rutgers fail and ridicule. Be happy there aren’t more who are calling you out.
Huh? What a waste of energy to write that post.

And by the way, you don't just blindly support a coaching staff if you believe they are not capable of getting the job done. Your loyalty is to Rutgers, the institution, not one man, which some on this board have seemed to forgot.

Last edited:

And by the way, you don't just blindly support a coaching staff if you believe they are not capable of getting the job done. Your loyalty is to Rutgers, the institution, not one man, which some on this board have seemed to forgot.

I never waste my time with my response to you. Read what I said . Unless you go back further with Rutgers than me then I would not attempt to tell me where , who or how I should direct my loyalties. FWIW: it’s not about loyalty at all. Loyalty is measured in many ways.Nobody is telling you to support the staff I’m telling you and those criticizing Gavin Wimsatt at age 19 and after 5-6 games to be a little more tolerant. Schiano can handle himself .

Less than ~5-8 teams in the country would have less than 3 losses in the Big Ten East. Then I think maybe only Georgia would have less than 2.

Rutgers would be probably 8-4 in the ACC with Syracuse's schedule.
But Rutgers isn’t in the ACC and doesn’t have Cuse’s schedule. Irrelevant. That’s the weakest justification for futility imaginable. Stop whining about the schedule Schiano gets paid to have a competitive team, a winning team.

You think the Houston Texans are ok with their lousy team because it would dominate CFB if in that rather than the NFL ?

Reactions: Plum Street
But Rutgers isn’t in the ACC and doesn’t have Cuse’s schedule. Irrelevant. That’s the weakest justification for futility imaginable. Stop whining about the schedule Schiano gets paid to have a competitive team, a winning team.

You think the Houston Texans are ok with their lousy team because it would dominate CFB if in that rather than the NFL ?
It's relevant to this thread though.

“ Don’t argue with stupid people they will drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.”

1uNEzuU.jpg

Reactions: fluoxetine
RUBOB72 said:

I never waste my time with my response to you. Read what I said . Unless you go back further with Rutgers than me then I would not attempt to tell me where , who or how I should direct my loyalties. FWIW: it’s not about loyalty at all. Loyalty is measured in many ways.Nobody is telling you to support the staff I’m telling you and those criticizing Gavin Wimsatt at age 19 and after 5-6 games to be a little more tolerant. Schiano can handle himself .

Well, I guess I do, since you seem to have forgotten that your first loyalties should be to Rutgers, not any coach. As for Wimsatt, I am sorry, I am not the only one who sees that the kid has a wild arm and unless he can control it he will not be playing QB when he leaves college whether it is playing for Rutgers or another school. And yes, accuracy issues are very easy to spot after even after 2 or 3 games and improving accuracy is not an easy fix.

win on Saturday and this won't even stick in brain 10 seconds after Maryland goes down.
Lose and the off season will be a long one, with many posts talking about disses like this.
Agree. RU and GS need a W headed into the offseason. I thought we'd win one of the last two and naively went with the upset last week. Think we can pull off an upset this week. If we don't, I think GS 2.1 is doomed.

RUBOB72 said:

Well, I guess I do, since you seem to have forgotten that your first loyalties should be to Rutgers, not any coach. As for Wimsatt, I am sorry, I am not the only one who sees that the kid has a wild arm and unless he can control it he will not be playing QB when he leaves college whether it is playing for Rutgers or another school. And yes, accuracy issues are very easy to spot after even after 2 or 3 games and improving accuracy is not an easy fix.
Well DJ Spanky we’ll know by next season… but who knows he could leave and turn out like our former kicker now at Tulane. He doesn’t have to connect on 65-70% of his passes every game. 50-60 would be nice. My issue is not loyalty to Schiano … it’s not about unfettered loyalty to Rutgers… I’m loyal to all those things.

not looking good and will expect some posters to be reminding everyone that fact.
Bottom 25 it is, but what goes down can go up if things are improved by experience gained and/or or additions.
I refuse to give up on this program and will see how year 4 turns out before I decide if it can suceed in the B1G the way it is..

GS needs a win. Hire the right OC and give fans hope. Hire the wrong one, it’s Ash 2.0. Love the D but O is Ash era bad.

ADVERTISEMENT