ADVERTISEMENT

Went to the RAC today

It looks to me that the sign that looks like something you would see in front of Sunny Meadow Junior High School has been removed. Unless it is the angle of the photos I do not see the old Rutgers Athletic Center sign. Hopefully we are getting something bigger that has scrolling upcoming events will replace it. I would like to see one on Route 287 and 18 as well. Hundreds of thousands of people drive in the area everyday and have no idea what is going on at the campus of THEIR State University. Now that we have practice center, I have been told The RAC will start hosting more concerts and other events. Anything that brings in people , especially families and exposes kids to THEIR university long before the late high school years is a good thing.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
The roof/front looks just as rusty and faded as ever, but love the lights AND do you notice what is gone ?
That's not a new roof, it just looked like they cleaned it up. The sides too. It looks a bit better. I doubt anything major will occur on the RAC exterior until they expand it/add a new entrance.

No? Are they not appearing for you?

No, they don’t appear in the thread unless I click on each individually and download from (google drive?)

By the way, I like the last photo - reflection of you in the side view mirror. Seems like a covert operation! LOL

No, they don’t appear in the thread unless I click on each individually and download from (google drive?)

By the way, I like the last photo - reflection of you in the side view mirror. Seems like a covert operation! LOL

Very strange. It works for everyone else, maybe an ad blocker or something turned on for ya? Also just noticed that haha, nice catch!

Reactions: RUonBrain
Drove past today ... I can confirm the only thing that happened to the RAC roof was last weeks thunderstorms. It’s still, dull, old, and rusty.

Why not cover roof with solar panels ....that roof has a lot of sq. footage. Spell out RUTGERS
HOWDY_Bridgers-min.jpg

Reactions: ruready07
Those pics by @Richard Schnyderite just reminded me how awful looking the exterior is. So many opportunities to do something, anything to improve it at such a low cost too. Wish Rutgers as a whole (not just the AD) would look at things like this and say "we deserve better", "this is how we look to our visitors, students, prospective students, etc"

Those pics by @Richard Schnyderite just reminded me how awful looking the exterior is. So many opportunities to do something, anything to improve it at such a low cost too. Wish Rutgers as a whole (not just the AD) would look at things like this and say "we deserve better", "this is how we look to our visitors, students, prospective students, etc"
All of the things we have suggested over the years on the Basketball and Issues Boards fit that statement to a "T"

Just paint the roof red and replace that awful “home of the scarlet knights” with a block R. Done.
Which was one of the suggestions...
So many opportunities to do something, anything to improve it at such a low cost too. Wish Rutgers as a whole (not just the AD) would look at things like this and say "we deserve better", "this is how we look to our visitors, students, prospective students, etc"
All of the things we have suggested over the years on the Basketball and Issues Boards fit that statement to a "T"
And it had Photoshop evidence to see what it would look like.

were the cosmetic exterior suggestions ever sent to Hobbs?

The APC looks like it could be the new RAC lol that place is huge

I think both buildings need a significant amount more of RU-rah-rah life and school spirit added to them.

Don't love the exterior APC design AT ALL. They should've done something, really simple to just add a wow factor or at least some "pop" to the exterior. Big Rutgers neon lighting, or the Knight logo lit up, or a spruce of red or a Rutgers R on there somewhere. Its so bland and doesn't even really have windows.

Rant over. Its totally awesome on the inside.

ScarletKid, I am 99 percent sure there is going to be a huge R on the outside of the building. Wiring is sticking out of the upper corner of one side of the building.

Speaking of The RAC, who says we never upgrade. Brand new fancy/schmancy water fountains have been installed. Not sure why they have some kind of digital readout, but you can put water bottles in them. I think this will bring about a couple more wins. No more fans with parched throats in the last ten minutes of games which should lead to more screaming which should terrify opponents.

Reactions: Degaz-RU
Speaking of The RAC, who says we never upgrade. Brand new fancy/schmancy water fountains have been installed. Not sure why they have some kind of digital readout, but you can put water bottles in them. I think this will bring about a couple more wins. No more fans with parched throats in the last ten minutes of games which should lead to more screaming which should terrify opponents.
Those should be installed at the Stadium too.

E5, you are getting greedy. I just want something resembling cool water in September, not taste like something that just drained out of a bathtub. Also, in honor of the 150th anniversary of the first football game, maybe we could have someone actually clean them.

E5, you are getting greedy. I just want something resembling cool water in September, not taste like something that just drained out of a bathtub. Also, in honor of the 150th anniversary of the first football game, maybe we could have someone actually clean them.
Climate change must be impacting the water at the RAC.

For the most part, chairs have been set up and all the nameplates are on the coaches offices, admins, and office directory signs are by the elevators. Pat Hobbs Office is very close to both basketball teams offices. On a down note, I had someone tell me they think people will be disappointed when they walk in the main entrance. Behind the Welcome desk is a huge light colored wood etching of the Knighthead, not the R (booo).What is even stranger is that it goes up through two floors of the building so if you get to the desk, it is hard to make out what it actually is. Maybe this is only one person’ s opinion or it is not finished.

Was also told the inside of the building is very,very white—floors,ceiling,walls.

Was also told the inside of the building is very,very white—floors,ceiling,walls.

So, white tile, white walls and ceilings. Is that unusual? It makes the environment seem open and spacious.....plus natural lighting.

If it was a nighclub it would have dark tile floors and walls.

Last edited:
They count how many plastic bottles you are saving by using that machine.

And don’t forget, you can buy Rutgers stuff from kohl’s.com and have it delivered to your local store for Free !!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT