ADVERTISEMENT

Whacked in throat

Rutgers loss the game because they allowed too many 3 pointers in the first half.Teams playing on the road rarely get favorable referee calls.

Reactions: RU Mike73
Happens twice in one game, both by the same team? Didn’t see the one on Fernandes but the one on Cliff should have been a flagrant foul.

Rutgers loss the game because they allowed too many 3 pointers in the first half.Teams playing on the road rarely get favorable referee calls.
Also lost the game due to awful officiating which was just as much a factor as OSU shooting.

Favorable calls? Forearm to throat isn’t Road call. It’s dereliction of duty. Should have been RU ball and player tossed.

I hate the silly little league commentary that you shouldn’t compare about officiating.

Firmly believe, like today, most important factor of game.

Guy has his arm extended, Cliff runs into it. No flagrant, no foul, no nothing. Play on and man up. This is B1G. Play ball and stop whining.
What game were you watching? Saw Cliff coming and threw out elbow. I don’t think he was trying to hurt Cliff but still a dirty aggressive play. Elbow, forearm to throat no joke. Flagrant and should have been tossed.

Yes Zed Key has issues but as someone said this is B1G boy basketball.

Saying “getting whacked in the neck should be a flagrant foul” isn’t an “external excuse” you ****ing moron.
Who got whacked in the neck ? Cliff gets ’hurt’ every game it seems, no ? The announcers got it wrong too? You think you know what happened, but you don’t. Sorry

Who got whacked in the neck ? Cliff gets ’hurt’ every game it seems, no ? The announcers got it wrong too? You think you know what happened, but you don’t. Sorry
They showed a slow motion replay? Were you not watching? What the **** are you talking about?

The announcer (who thought it shouldn’t be flagrant) literally also said he got hit in the windpipe.

Reactions: TRU2RU
I don’t think it was an intentional neck chop but should still be a flagrant.

I don’t actually think it was an intentional neck chop…it just the way Key plays all the time.

He uses his elbows, forearms and hips on box outs and screens and somehow the refs don’t like calling it.

I’ve watched this guy closely the past couple years - he’s a natural at being a dirty player.

Cliff. Cliff got whacked in the neck. Are you now trying to argue it never even happened? Lol

Oh also Noah caught one to the neck as well

What happened was incidental contact (basketball play) and exaggerated injury like he does almost every game. The guy sure has the worst injury luck. And then he goes out again later rubbing his neck. Please.

Bardo has nf idea on the windpipe comment.

Homers have no sense of reality. There’s no conspiracy to screw Rutgers.

• Haha
Reactions: Luvscarletknights
Cliff. Cliff got whacked in the neck. Are you now trying to argue it never even happened? Lol

Oh also Noah caught one to the neck as well
oh, I saw it just like everyone else including the refs and Pike. I was being facetious. That’s not being whacked in the neck, was my point. Unintentional, minor contact hardly cause for real injury. There, I said it. Cliff just has the worst luck, huh ? SSDD. Refs knew, Pike knew, announcers knew and knowledgeable observers knew. Not a flagrant foul #dramaqueen

• Haha
I don’t actually think it was an intentional neck chop…it just the way Key plays all the time.

He uses his elbows, forearms and hips on box outs and screens and somehow the refs don’t like calling it.

I’ve watched this guy closely the past couple years - he’s a natural at being a dirty player.
Newsflash. They don’t like calling it because it’s part of the game. That’s the reality. That’s all part of boxing out and Bardo said the same thing. It doesnt automatically become flagrant above the shoulders.

• Haha
oh, I saw it just like everyone else including the refs and Pike. I was being facetious. That’s not being whacked in the neck, was my point. Unintentional, minor contact hardly cause for real injury. There, I said it. Cliff just has the worst luck, huh ? SSDD. Refs knew, Pike knew, announcers knew and knowledgeable observers knew. Not a flagrant foul #dramaqueen
Go **** yourself. You're finally on ignore, you insufferable asshole.

Go **** yourself. You're finally on ignore, you insufferable asshole.
Lame homer as usual. Mulcahy didn’t ever flop either, right ? Learn the game or listen to the announcers. What I told you happened, happened.

Not flagrant. Refs aren’t out to screw Rutgers and the announcers aren’t there to cover for them.

• Haha

I agree, Key tends to be a physical player who plays with high elbows, dirty at times. The point of the flagrant rule is that it’s supposed to motivate players to be responsible for contact above the shoulders. In other words they have to take responsibility for their hands, elbows, and forearms and try and avoid high contact above the shoulders, trying to take that out of the game. I thought it should have been called. I kept asking myself, if Rutgers (Cliff or Mag) did the same, would it get called?

What happened was incidental contact (basketball play) and exaggerated injury like he does almost every game. The guy sure has the worst injury luck. And then he goes out again later rubbing his neck. Please.

Bardo has nf idea on the windpipe comment.

Homers have no sense of reality. There’s no conspiracy to screw Rutgers.
You’re really trying to say extending your forearm upwards into the neck of someone taller than you is a basketball play? Because it’s not.

It’s fine if you don’t think it’s a flagrant, it wasn’t called one. But a guy on our team got hit in the throat and you’re here saying he was faking an injury. That doesn’t make you some above it all, unbiased fan. It makes you an asshole.

Wasnt reckless or intentional. extended his arm to initiate turning and boxing out. A basketball play. As said, it’s a big boy game. homers out in full force tonight
Just like the targeting call in football, intention should not matter. If you jam your forearm into an opponents throat you should be disqualified regardless if you have been anointed sainthood by the Pope.

Also difficult to "accidentally " do that to someone who in 6'10".

I agree, Key tends to be a physical player who plays with high elbows, dirty at times. The point of the flagrant rule is that it’s supposed to motivate players to be responsible for contact above the shoulders. In other words they have to take responsibility for their hands, elbows, and forearms and try and avoid high contact above the shoulders, trying to take that out of the game. I thought it should have been called. I kept asking myself, if Rutgers (Cliff or Mag) did the same, would it get called?
And I would say No. Refs looking at video are not taking into account the ‘who’ on a flagrant decision, not even subconsciously since there are several of them reviewing.

Using arms (as Bardo noted) even extending legs to create space prior to pivoting to look for the ball is proper rebounding. Nothing flagrant about it. Basic basketball play.

And I repeat, Cliff sure gets injured a lot during games, always returning.

Just like the targeting call in football, intention should not matter. If you jam your forearm into an opponents throat you should be disqualified regardless if you have been anointed sainthood by the Pope.

Also difficult to "accidentally " do that to someone who in 6'10".
the refs and announcers didn’t see it like you did. So either they all got it wrong or you did.

You’re really trying to say extending your forearm upwards into the neck of someone taller than you is a basketball play? Because it’s not.

It’s fine if you don’t think it’s a flagrant, it wasn’t called one. But a guy on our team got hit in the throat and you’re here saying he was faking an injury. That doesn’t make you some above it all, unbiased fan. It makes you an asshole.
I didn’t see a forearm shiver to the throat, no. I saw Key extending his arm to create space prior to the box out pivot and incidental contact. It’s just silly to think you all know basketball better than the refs.

Also, do soccer fans realize their teams’ players fake injuries ? Of course they do. Players fake it to try to get calls all the time. Injuries, flopping etc

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT