ADVERTISEMENT

What we see this week is what we can expect for the season

TheHandOfChaos

Senior
Gold Member
Oct 9, 2002
Despite the loss, we pushed UW around the line of scrimmage in game 1. OL looked like it was in the top half of the B1G and Turay looked like a 1st team AA.

Game 2, perhaps off the high of the season opener, the maxed out effort, and public praises of their improvement in the opening week, we came out flat and got out worked and pushed around against a mostly physically inferior opponent.

Game 3 we rallied and bullied on a FCS team to regain our confidence and develop some of the freshman. Also, team dealt with and galvanized around the Kill health incident.

Psychologically - I think we have perhaps have already hit near the highs (or rather "hypes") and lows that a team might feel through the course of a whole season's development. For Nebraska, this is the must win like the EMU game for us.

Im not usually an optimist, but I think Rutgers comes out relaxed in Lincoln and we will see the equilbrium of what this team actually is for this season.

NE will be under enormous pressure to get this win. You can expect both players and coaches to be a bit tight in this one. I think there is a very good chance RU takes a close win, which is going to light Mike Riley's seat into an inferno.

Last edited:
This game is about one word: momentum. To have a shot, we have to score first and let Nebraska begin to doubt themselves. We will have to win the turnover battle, and we will have to complete some consistent short passes and deep balls to open the running game. Nebraska's front line is usually a strength, but it's not this year. Our defense can play with these guys, but we have to avoid three and outs. This will be our biggest mental test of the year. I'm not sure if we can win in Lincoln, but I hope that we can keep it close.

Scarlet Jerry

I look at it this way - if we can win convincingly next week, Riley could be on a bus by Monday.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT