ADVERTISEMENT

When Are Game Times Announced?

TrueRU

Senior
Gold Member
Feb 4, 2004
I know some games will be announced a lot closer to the game dates, but didn't they announce the prime time games on BTN fairly early last year?

Do we think we will get any prime time games this year? I would think that possibly a game like Michigan State or Ohio State could be in prime time.

My memory is shaky so correct me if wrong. FESPN has the right to decide 6 days out for 2 of our games. Not sure how the B1G affects this. Primetime is good for the team, even if I personally hate night games, or even Friday spring games. I'll be there.

Some partially cotext answers above. Here's how it will go:

In a few weeks ABC/ESPN and BTN will select their prime time games for contests where the Big Ten controls the TV rights

Then sometime around July, kickoff times for the first 3 weeks of the season will be set.

After that games without kickoff times will be determined 6 or 12 days ahead of time. Most we'll know 12 days out but the 6 day option can be exercised a couple of times.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

ESPN may make an announcement this week with their 6 primetime B1G games.

BTN should follow a week later.

Please let Ohio State be a night game! May be the most hyped game ever on campus if we're both undefeated!

I bet ESPN grabs OSU/RU. National Champs playing in #1 market at night. Huge hype.

I bet PSU/RU is BTN night game..and they'll be on site like last year..JMO.

Originally posted by ScarletDave:
Please let Ohio State be a night game! May be the most hyped game ever on campus if we're both undefeated!
i would enjoy a night game and victory for my birthday

IF OSU is the night game, would that then be the annual Blackout Game? Otherwise, I figure that to be Michigan State.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT