Ohio State (3)
Michigan State (2)
Northwestern (2)
Purdue (2)
Rutgers (2)
Illinois (1)
Wisconsin (1)

g
That's what happens when you hide behind a screen name. Everyone thinks they can coach and wrestle. When we get past this pandemic stop by the APC let's see how you really stand up to the coaches and wrestlers.
I haven't been in the room since last March. I can't wait to train with the kids and watch practice.
Go RU!!!! Future looks great
Amen

Why do you constantly come in here with such hostility? It wasn’t even an aggressive question.
Hostility ..have you read the crap guys are saying about coaches and even some kids today ...thinking Sammy should go up to 157 is the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard ...don’t like it ..don’t read it !....157lbers are generally slimmed down from 170-180 ..to think Sammy would have the strength to compete with guys that big is just dumb .and blaming coaches for not considering it is the second dumbest thing I’ve heard

Reactions: Jersey Boys
I don’t disagree that it’s not a realistic proposition but there’s like 3 people on this board who come here and insult others as if they’re wrestling gurus. There’s no need for it.
I have wrestled and the way you guys rip these kids and coaches is uncalled for ..Shane Metzler stinks ! ..was that really called for ...then blame coaches when kids miss weight ...doesn’t take a guru to see some of you guys don’t have a clue about some things yet come on here constantly second guessing everything and everybody ...opinions are great but it doesn’t make you right and certainly no one has the right to rip kids the way some of you do ...now that’s my opinion ..don’t like it ..don’t listen !

Reactions: DUForever
I have wrestled and the way you guys rip these kids and coaches is uncalled for ..Shane Metzler stinks ! ..was that really called for ...then blame coaches when kids miss weight ...doesn’t take a guru to see some of you guys don’t have a clue about some things yet come on here constantly second guessing everything and everybody ...opinions are great but it doesn’t make you right and certainly no one has the right to rip kids the way some of you do ...now that’s my opinion ..don’t like it ..don’t listen !
I don’t disagree with anything you’re saying. I just think you don’t have to be so nasty to people.

Of course Sammy would have been small, but not as small as you are suggesting(RU would have had to make the decision right when they heard the Kannaird news). Go watch the Alvarez vs. Bryce Andonian(ranked 10th at 149) from November(the weight class was 147.7). Sammy was bigger than Andonian. Sammy will be at 149 next year and would not shock me if in the next few years wrestles 157.

And I would have put a wrestler in at 157, if Angelo/Santos were healthy they would have been my choice.

See what you are saying and agree about his projections but after trying to make 33 all year the bump to 157 is a tough one. You know what a difference 157 is vs 149 let alone 133.

Regardless with an off-season to work he will be ready to go at 149 next year.

Reactions: Leonard23
I don’t disagree that it’s not a realistic proposition but there’s like 3 people on this board who come here and insult others as if they’re wrestling gurus. There’s no need for it.

200.gif

Reactions: Leonard23
See what you are saying and agree about his projections but after trying to make 33 all year the bump to 157 is a tough one. You know what a difference 157 is vs 149 let alone 133.

Regardless with an off-season to work he will be ready to go at 149 next year.
Oh I agree, I would not have put him at 157(I forget who, but it was asked if he could have bumped up to 157 for the tourn). I said yes, he could have.
I will say this, I do not blame the coaches and I do not blame Sammy. I said prior to the season, in my opinion he looks too big for 133. If this were a non covid season, I think Sammy would have redshirted(and started to bulk up), but I think they said hey it is a free year, lets see if you can do it. It did not work out.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT