ADVERTISEMENT

Who is better, Wagner or Harper?

RC1978

All American
Gold Member
Feb 11, 2008
I watched UK yesterday and was impressed with Wagner. Made some great shots and had good hustle in a high end game. It got me thinking, who is the better player him or Harper?

I know they played against each other and Harper had better numbers but Wagners' team won. Thoughts ?

I watched UK yesterday and was impressed with Wagner. Made some great shots and had good hustle in a high end game. It got me thinking, who is the better player him or Harper?

I know they played against each other and Harper had better numbers but Wagners' team won. Thoughts ?

Think Wagner had a much better squad. IIRC correctly, 2 starters are at UK.

Reactions: carmenst
Only one of them is a projected lottery pick.
DJ is playing pretty well now after a slow start in the first few games. I think his draft stock has fallen because he is seen to be playing pretty close to his ceiling and may not get much better. He has had high level training and played against high level competition his whole life. Very quick athlete that plays with a very high motor, but he is still a very average shooter, and some would say after all his training, it probably isn’t going to get much better. Dylan is a better outside shooter, and is bigger and more physical player and many would say has a higher ceiling. The only real question mark about Dylan is will his speed be an issue in the NBA. All that being said, the conventional wisdom is often wrong. Many scouts were saying the same things about Luka Doncic that they are saying about Wagner, that he has played against the best competition for a long time and probably won’t get much better. They were obviously wrong about that.

Reactions: seneca ave
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT