ADVERTISEMENT

Why are some "football only" fans either apathetic or anti-hoops?

then tell me ANY investment they had in the program...all coaches were cheap hires which is a #1 sign of lack of investment, profit revenue used for football well that's another sign, no scoreboard improvement until 2 years ago...good lord they didn't even bother to remove those balloons at the top of the RAC until TP came in

CVS is an anomaly, they come to play for her...but its no surprise we hired a top 5 coach and its our most successful program...its called investment in the product

Originally posted by WGLTAUD:
I'm sure part of it is the snobby basketball fans that will chastise you as a football guy if they don't like your opinion. Basketball board is full of them.

In all honesty, I wish Greg Schiano was the athletic director, because he didn't take shit from anybody in regards to infrastructure and facilities. I think if we upgraded the facilities and brought in better players, you'd see the arena packed and sold out a lot more with RU fans.

Lets be honest, we are in Yankee country, and if you aren't winning today, people won't show up. That's one big hurdle that RU has always had to contend with regardless of the sport. If football starts to lose, people will start wearing blue and red, or green and white pretty quick because there are just too many shows in town, and Jersians only like winners.
This has to be a joke, right? As bac has said repeatedly, at least 98 percent of basketball fans are also football fans. And it's safe to say diehard RU hoops fans are about as far from snobby as it gets given how little we've had to cheer about in 24 years or so. What's next, calling basketball fans frontrunners?

Even though I prefer football as a sport, my family and I had season tickets from pre-RAC until FHJ second year. We all dumped them. My dad's 2 tickets, my 2 tickets, and my crew's 6 tickets. All gone. It just wasn't fun going to the RAC anymore to watch a program so awful.

Now, the program seems to have even less hope. I doubt I would even buy season tickets again. I don't have that much free time in my life anymore. But then again, I have a 3-year old, so I would like to bring her to more RU events than a few football games a year. Basketball is much better for young kids, so who knows.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT