ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Women's Basketball Heads to Maryland for Midweek Contest

Refs letting MD D to play very physically. They're constantly into our bodies as we dribble.

Refs letting MD D to play very physically. They're constantly into our bodies as we dribble.
Funny how this seems to be the trend with our games these days. Refs letting them play helps us stay out of foul trouble with the short bench, but moreso, helps our opponents who are all going to play not only our young guards aggressively, but also try to neutralize our three posts with aggressive double teams.

Hate to go back again, but our CVS teams couldn't even get within arms length of their opponent without getting called for a foul. Refs often would force us to come out of our pressure D (just as we would be gaining momentum....ie.- the BYU game in the first round of the NCAA Tourney......just one of many instances).

Crazy how Md outrebounded us by a lot in the first half. I started watching in the second qtr. The offense was AWFUL!!! I just don't know what happens to us that it goes soooooo bad for stretches.

Second half showed good fight. Md was still playing. Not like they took their foot off the gas or anything,........ We just played much better on offense, although we couldn't get stops consistently.

With every game, I miss the toughness of past teams. We need to add a few more tough players on the roster that will bring the defensive intensity and get stops when we need stops. TMack style, Mael Giles style, Essy Davis style, CiCi Cryor style.....,just to name a few.

Also goes to show what a difference having big, strong guards makes regarding defensive success. We really miss Kai Carter, Awa Sidibe, and Kaylene Smikle, defensively-speaking.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT