ADVERTISEMENT

Worst loss of the Pike era, immediately after the best one. Comedy of errors.

RU848789

Legend
Gold Member
Jul 27, 2001
Metuchen, NJ
I'm too dumbfounded to even be angry yet. That was easily the worst loss of the Pikiell era immediately after the best win of the Pikiell era, as we followed up that amazing 19 pt deficit win on the road at PSU the other night with the most dreadful loss imaginable at the buzzer at MN, by far the worst B1G team, after being up by 10 with 1:15 to go and 8 with 54 seconds left.

A comedy of errors at the end including 3 bad plays by Paul (the OOB play, failing to box out, and the horrific cross court pass that was stolen), but IMO the biggest gaffe was Hyatt not taking the ball in the pic below into the front court with 20 sec left. He passed it back when if he had just taken it across half court, with 4 MN guys deep in our end and only one guy back, he would've at least wasted 3-4 seconds and probably been fouled or maybe could've wasted more time in the front court, so we would've probably been shooting 2 FTs up 3 with 16 seconds left and if he just makes 1 we very likely win.

Instead they steal, score, Caleb misses a FT and then the 2 other inexplicable decisions: first, how do we not call a TO after the FT to set up our defense and second, how do we not press after the made FT with 5.8 seconds left and up 2. By not doing those things we allowed MN to have time for a wide open three to win. Terrible coaching and execution and now we might have to win our final game Sunday or 1 in the B1G tourney to make the NCAAs. We all know we were locked if we won tonight.

9G5u5fg.png

Meant to add the usual, see you on Sunday, as I can't even stomach accidentally catching anyone talking about this loss on TV. Who knows, maybe we come up big again and beat NW at home. We all know this team is capable of the highest of highs and lowest of lows - not sure which we'll see.

So for now, it's time to watch some nice Hallmark movies with the wife, so I don't break stuff. They're kind of like sedatives.

Reactions: GORU2014
I'm too dumbfounded to even be angry yet. That was easily the worst loss of the Pikiell era immediately after the best win of the Pikiell era, as we followed up that amazing 19 pt deficit win on the road at PSU the other night with the most dreadful loss imaginable at the buzzer at MN, by far the worst B1G team, after being up by 10 with 1:15 to go and 8 with 54 seconds left.

A comedy of errors at the end including 3 bad plays by Paul (the OOB play, failing to box out, and the horrific cross court pass that was stolen), but IMO the biggest gaffe was Hyatt not taking the ball in the pic below into the front court with 20 sec left. He passed it back when if he had just taken it across half court, with 4 MN guys deep in our end and only one guy back, he would've at least wasted 3-4 seconds and probably been fouled or maybe could've wasted more time in the front court, so we would've probably been shooting 2 FTs up 3 with 16 seconds left and if he just makes 1 we very likely win.

Instead they steal, score, Caleb misses a FT and then the 2 other inexplicable decisions: first, how do we not call a TO after the FT to set up our defense and second, how do we not press after the made FT with 5.8 seconds left and up 2. By not doing those things we allowed MN to have time for a wide open three to win. Terrible coaching and execution and now we might have to win our final game Sunday or 1 in the B1G tourney to make the NCAAs. We all know we were locked if we won tonight.

9G5u5fg.png
If he goes up court, he 100% gets fouled. Make even 1 and the game is likely won right there and then. At minimum you probably go to OT if you meltdown. This had to be one of lowest IQ moves I’ve seen in a long time.

9G5u5fg.png

Almost the entire Minnesota team is behind him .WHAT THE **** IS HE DOING/?SAfkl;fdj;lfkn asd;lvkja;eslfkj:lkv a;OWFAORIE;JCXN

Reactions: tm_nj
IT LOOKS LIKE CAM IS CALLING FOR THE BALL? WHY IS CAM CALLING FOR THE BALL???

I have literally never been this upset about a sporting event. Even the Houston game it was like well they're one of the best teams in the country oh well. I just can't even deal with this. I'm hurtin

Reactions: tm_nj

9G5u5fg.png
This picture is insane. It looks like we are going the other way

Except for couple players, team looked like they were going through the motions & like the game was won before it started. That is also on the coach.

Reactions: bac2therac
What #s said.

I gotta go walk it off in the cold air and stop reading the boards. Witnessed an epic disaster and setting of a new bar for team stupidity.

9G5u5fg.png
no, 1 bad play is not worse than 3.

That was unbelievable what Hyatt did there. We should have gotten a layup out of that.

IT LOOKS LIKE CAM IS CALLING FOR THE BALL? WHY IS CAM CALLING FOR THE BALL???

I have literally never been this upset about a sporting event. Even the Houston game it was like well they're one of the best teams in the country oh well. I just can't even deal with this. I'm hurtin
Spencer is probably saying “NOOOO”!!!!!

9G5u5fg.png
so is cliff ahead of the field...

so is cliff ahead of the field...
Presumably - he's not in the shot, which makes it even more inexplicable. If Hyatt goes to the basket, the defender has to come at him and then it's likely an easy dunk for Cliff or he guards Cliff and Hyatt gets a bucket or is at least fouled. Inexplicable.

• Angry
Reactions: bac2therac
You’re a bigger man than me. I can’t watch that #%*%. I’d rather watch anything else
Being mostly tongue-in-cheek. I'll sit in the room while my wife watches them and surf the internet, probably making dumb weather or sports posts somewhere. Like this one, lol.

Presumably - he's not in the shot, which makes it even more inexplicable. If Hyatt goes to the basket, the defender has to come at him and then it's likely an easy dunk for Cliff or he guards Cliff and Hyatt gets a bucket or is at least fouled. Inexplicable.

what the **** do these guys do in practice and what a lack of heady bball iq...i know its ingrained to get it the guards but Hyatt can actually dribble it over mid court

Reactions: bethlehemfan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT