ADVERTISEMENT

WTF Big Ten Network

On Optimum game was on channel 73 it froze multiple times and missed the TD before the half completely. It was a fing train wreck.
It's (BTN) been freezing regularly for weeks. At times the game yesterday was on 205, 247, or not at all. Someone either at BTN or Optimum screwed up royally.

BTN.com / games should list the games , areas and channels available.
Apparently in NJ, , the Rutgers game was listed on a specific channel number in the preview guides but instead the Iowa game was shown. A BTN or the cable provider error and that’s unacceptable

The Rutgers in 60 , if BTN shows it, will be highly watched since many fans had no way of watching the game yesterday

Reactions: BLewis1968
Same shit down here in Houston. I could understand if we were getting bumped for Michigan vs. Ohio State, but nobody in Houston gives a shit about Western Michigan vs. Iowa. And they didn't care about Minnesota last week. Two f'ing weeks in a row!

Someone in the Rutgers Athletics Department needs to be up the Big Ten Network's ass about this.
I live in the Boston area and have Comcast and suffer through the same problem. For the second week in a row the Rutgers game was not available on the BTN network. The Western Michigan game was broadcast and not the Rutgers game so I " subscribed " the FUBO network to get the game on my computer. Chances are the Rutgers game with Michigan will be on network TV but the Wagner game will not be so I'll maintain FUBO until after the Wagner game.

Same here on DirecTV Stream in NJ. Iowa game was on like 3 Big Ten channels. Found Rutgers game eventually
It was on the 2nd BTN stream. Use the Guide to find it going forward. I always set up the DVR in advance so I know which feed it's on even though I am at the game.

Was at the game but we like to record it at home to rewatch. Came home to the Iowa game here in Mercer county on FIOS

Sigh
Yep same thing with me with altice in Monmouth county . Kick in the ass is that I confirmed before I went to the game that the broadcast on BTN still said Rutgers-Va tech before I left.

Reactions: RU848789
Apparently, the folks at BTN think football fans here in "central Jersey" (Middletown, Monmouth County, NJ) would rather watch the Iowa game.

The Rutgers game has been relegated to the BTN overflow channel (on Verizon FIOS).
Same crap in Somerset county for FIOS. Had a birthday to attend and had to record multiple overflow channels that said RU v VA Tech with main BTN WM v Iowa.

Somebody needs to read the room.

GO RU

Funny, I've drifted to get the insignia f30 with fire tv as my preferred secondary tv. It's actually very good and reasonably priced, often on sale.
This is what I’m buying these days. Download an iptv app, every game in every sport for $50/year

It was on the 2nd BTN stream. Use the Guide to find it going forward. I always set up the DVR in advance so I know which feed it's on even though I am at the game.
Guide on Cablevision said RU was on BTN main network so that’s what I recorded

Everything about yesterday’s BTN broadcast was awful. Production quality was that of an old Big East Network game and easily the worst since we joined the conference. The lead announcer sounded like they pulled him out of a high school broadcast.

Although the options offered are nowhere close to acceptable as far as I am concerned, thanks for all your suggestions. By the time I digest, investigate, and perhaps patch together the services required to meet all my needs, we'll be so successful that none of this will be necessary.

Same crap in Somerset county for FIOS. Had a birthday to attend and had to record multiple overflow channels that said RU v VA Tech with main BTN WM v Iowa.

Somebody needs to read the room.

GO RU
Hard to even see the room over all the piles of money. This is how a game between Iowa and Western Michigan is prioritized over a Rutgers game against an actual P5 opponent, even though Rutgers was supposedly invited to the B1G to attract the audience in the NY-NJ market. This is why people pirate content. The music industry found this out the hard way.

Everything about yesterday’s BTN broadcast was awful. Production quality was that of an old Big East Network game and easily the worst since we joined the conference. The lead announcer sounded like they pulled him out of a high school broadcast.
It sounded like they pulled him off the street.

It sounded like they pulled him off the street.
That's odd. I was at the game and haven't watched much of the replay yet, but Joe Beninati and Adam Breneman sounded fine on the first few drives I'm watching now. What was the issue?

Same in Toms River. I missed our first TD while trying to find the overflow channel.
Apparently, the folks at BTN think football fans here in "central Jersey" (Middletown, Monmouth County, NJ) would rather watch the Iowa game.

The Rutgers game has been relegated to the BTN overflow channel (on Verizon FIOS).

Do better and get Roku. We dumped all our fire tv devices. Too buggy, slow and loaded with Amazon bloat. Some say Apple TV is even better than Roku. YMMV.
Apple TV is fine but was getting a little buggy lately with YTTV where I’d have to reboot the Apple TV to get YTTV to work properly again. I’ve never had to do that in the past.

I moved the Apple TV to a different set and got a Nvidia Shield partially on your recommendation and so far so good. I also discovered because of the board, Nvidia shield is compatible for voice activated changing of channels on YTTV. Works pretty well I’d say for 95% of the channels I’ve tried it on.

So RU’s value to the conference is supposedly our tv market yet somehow we’re relegated to the overflow channel in NJ? How does that make sense?

So RU’s value to the conference is supposedly our tv market yet somehow we’re relegated to the overflow channel in NJ? How does that make sense?
Provides access to recruits in our area to other B1G programs. 🤪. I agree it doesn’t make sense. I would assume B1G can default to the local market.

Reactions: satnom
It is sketchy, but it works
I watch 90% of my sports with mine because none of my teams are in the market where I live(Atlanta). Also the PPV events. Have to deal with buffering at times but at least I get to see games I otherwise would not be able to. Unless i wanted to pay thru my nose for NFL Subday ticket, the MLB and NBA package etc. Funk that!

Reactions: Rutgers Chris
Same shit down here in Houston. I could understand if we were getting bumped for Michigan vs. Ohio State, but nobody in Houston gives a shit about Western Michigan vs. Iowa. And they didn't care about Minnesota last week. Two f'ing weeks in a row!

Someone in the Rutgers Athletics Department needs to be up the Big Ten Network's ass about this.
Im on Fios and had to go to the overflow channel in freaking NJ 20 mins north of Rutgers...

Reactions: satnom
Apparently in NJ, , the Rutgers game was listed on a specific channel number in the preview guides but instead the Iowa game was shown. A BTN or the cable provider error and that’s unacceptable

The Rutgers in 60 , if BTN shows it, will be highly watched since many fans had no way of watching the game yesterday
And optimum often does not say which big 10 in 60 game is being shown

I already had scheduled 3 dvr recordings and as soon as I saw it wasn’t our game I deleted them, and now have a couple more scheduled
Why they don’t put it out there is annoying

That's odd. I was at the game and haven't watched much of the replay yet, but Joe Beninati and Adam Breneman sounded fine on the first few drives I'm watching now. What was the issue?
On VT board somebody said how good announcers were compared to what they usualay get

Reactions: Leonard23
Get a fire tv and you should be able to watch on the fox sports app. 95% sure.
L

But I think the point here is that’s ridiculous. I dvr’d the game (guide said RU v VT) as I like to watch when I come home from the game.

I have Optimum and they moved the game like last week to the overflow Ch so I dvr’d the Iowa game.

Why wouldn’t THAT game be on the over flow here and the RU game be on the over flow in and around Iowa ????

FN ridiculous.

Reactions: NBHPRU and hoquat63
Xfinity in Union County
Game was on BTN HD (channel 855) like normal. The main BTN channel.

Hadn’t looked at the recording until just now because was at the game.
It recorded fine.

Must be something with your cable networks.
Mine was fine.

And optimum often does not say which big 10 in 60 game is being shown

I already had scheduled 3 dvr recordings and as soon as I saw it wasn’t our game I deleted them, and now have a couple more scheduled
Why they don’t put it out there is annoying
That is not an Optimum thing. That is a B1G network issue. They need to be better with what they provide to the guides. Probably hard since they pre-slot them and don’t know which games they will replay ahead of time.

Reactions: wheezer
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT