ADVERTISEMENT

WTF Big Ten Network

No problem here getting it on Xfinity with BTN and the sports package. Never understood the reluctance by some of our wealthy posters , who almost weekly now , wonder where to watch the game ? There are numerous ways to see the games , some cheaper than others but like donations , people tend to cheap out. To make a buck you gotta spend a buck. So cut back on a beer or two and toss the $$$ in a jar to purchase in season App or channel packages offered. At least we are on every week.
Missing the point entirely.

Reactions: Roy_Faulker
First of all this happens during the first 3 weeks of the year because teams are playing pansies at home. Instead of 7 B1G games that need televising there are 12 or so.

The games are all on fox sports on the app or internet. You can use an hdmi and connect to your tv watching live on fox sports, or cast via phone, tablet or pc. Additionally many smart TV’s have the fox sports app.

Roku… Hulu… Fox App…Xfinity one of if not the largest provider .., youtube…just have to know what’s available as it pertains to your sports viewing. Good Luck hope you find an answer to this.
Try Peacock …Think it will give you the game and other game options ? $5.99 per month.

It’s BS with the TV contract we have to watch on BTN overflow. This isn’t the Wagner game.

But at least it’s on TV. Remember listening to the AM radio feed on the internet.

Reactions: Kbee3
Yet not shocking. If all were equal the original members would still get the best hand.
Honestly , due to our recent past 7 -8 years can you blame the networks.? As RU85inFla said when we play conference teams 8 more left this season the issue isn’t there.

Honestly , due to our recent past 7 -8 years can you blame the networks.? As RU85inFla said when we play conference teams 8 more left this season the issue isn’t there.
The point of the Big Ten network was that every game was supposed to be televised. There should be a Thursday night game (two if necessary), a Friday night game (two if necessary), staggered starts all day Saturday, a Sunday game if necessary. The league should be coordinating this; it's the whole point of owning your own television network.

Game is on the 2nd BTN overflow channel. I have 4 BTN channels on my provider so no issues. If your cable provider doesn’t offer the overflow channels ( which I am sure they do) you need to use the Fox app or better yet cut the cord and go streaming. So much better anyway.

Reactions: oldtimer67
For the second week in a row the Big Ten Network is showing the other BIG matchup (Western Michigan vs Iowa this week) in my region (Western NC) rather than the Rutgers game. Again, my only option is to watch the Virginia Tech game on my computer (instead of my 65” TV). This especially stinks because last week’s game cut out with 5 minutes and 37 seconds left, and this week I also cannot watch to the end of the game. (I have tickets to a concert tonight.) I had fully expected to DVR this game (and the last one too) as I do all available Football, MBB and WBB games, and watch the end later. Can’t do this if the game is not on TV though.

Who makes these decisions, and on what basis? I find it hard to believe that there are more people in my area interested in watching Western Michigan vs Iowa than VA Tech vs. Rutgers. Very disappointed.

I think the culprit is Spectrum that is not offering it on any overflow channels. Not sure how to communicate my frustration to them. I do not want to add any more services (YouTube TV etc.) for these random situations. Am I missing another free option that does not require adding services? And does anyone else hate the Football in 60 program?
Life as a newbie. Been there...

Reactions: RUshore99
Unbelievable!

Cablevision, aka Optimum, is not showing it on the BTN.

It's on channel 205 on Cablevision, SPTH1.

Reactions: RU848789
Well, I just spent 45 minutes trying to run a pirated stream (at least I think it's pirated, who knows anymore? I don't work for Microsoft or Google, so I really have no idea) through my laptop using an HDMI to my TV and for some reason, no matter what I do, the sound will not come through the TV. So I have now given up. I will consider this my most recent RU Screw (but surely not my last). F-You Rutgers ... if you're going to beg me to support the team, make sure the F-ing game is on television.

Meanwhile, for those who are interested, I have the following games available to me on TV ...

Alabama vs South Florida? Yes
South Carolina vs Georgia? Yes
Minnesota vs North Carolina? Yes
Ohio State vs Western Kentucky? Yes
Oklahoma vs Tulsa? Yes
Oregon State vs San Diego State? Yes
NC State vs VMI? Yes
Iowa vs Western Michigan? Sure
UConn vs Florida International? Of course
Northwestern vs Duke? Definitely
Texas A&M vs Lousiana-Monroe? Yup
Tulane vs Southern Miss? Yes
Shaw vs Bowie State? Why not, yes
Morehouse vs Albany State? Certainly
Rutgers vs. Virginia Tech? No, of course not

Nothing sucks the life out of you like attending and graduating from this university. Thank god I'm getting the Albany State game, though.

Last edited:
I've been happy with fire tv. Lots of folks say Roku a little better but I've been fine. And I have like 20 of them
maybe its because our fire tvs are all pretty old. Got tired of the interface, and the big issue for me was TuneInRadio, could not see the song playing on the station. Things work better and faster for us on Roku, but as I said, YMMV. Everyone has different needs. It also was easier for us to switch all sets to the same type of device.

maybe its because our fire tvs are all pretty old. Got tired of the interface, and the big issue for me was TuneInRadio, could not see the song playing on the station. Things work better and faster for us on Roku, but as I said, YMMV. Everyone has different needs. It also was easier for us to switch all sets to the same type of device.
Funny, I've drifted to get the insignia f30 with fire tv as my preferred secondary tv. It's actually very good and reasonably priced, often on sale.

Reactions: Knight Shift
Cut the cable and go with YouTube TV. You will never have this issue again.

Reactions: KevH
Hmmmm not sure this helps anyone, but I have Hulu and RU is saved as one of my sports teams and all I do is toggle over to this section of Hulu and click on RU and it appears to find the station we are playing on and it plays. Magic (I think)...

Reactions: MulletCork
Cut the cable and go with YouTube TV. You will never have this issue again.
This. I guess I've taken YTTV for granted because I'm reading this thread and wondering why all these guys are having so many problems finding the game. With YouTubeTV I just pick the option to record all NCAA football. When I go to my library, dozens of games are in my queue, including RU. I can watch live from there, or watch any game I want later (46 games recorded this week). I never have to think about what channel RU is on. It's all done automatically with the unlimited DVR.

Reactions: rutgersguy1
I recorded it since I was at the game. Come home to watch -Iowa ? IA goes into weather delay and it switches to RU, midway 1st Q, Then back to IA when they come out for rain delay and not back to RU until mid 3rd. POed. Cable ision

Reactions: RU848789
On Optimum game was on channel 73 it froze multiple times and missed the TD before the half completely. It was a fing train wreck.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT