ADVERTISEMENT

Yes Rutgers can

It’s just bad to compare Schiano 2.0 to Pike. Things were pointing up pretty quickly with Pike. You could see it. I was telling all kinds of people to get on the bandwagon, this teams gonna be good… for at least a year before their record was good.
Who paid attention to our football team in 2022, on the field or recruiting trail, that feels this team is clearly pointing up and/or is close?

It’s just bad to compare Schiano 2.0 to Pike. Things were pointing up pretty quickly with Pike. You could see it. I was telling all kinds of people to get on the bandwagon, this teams gonna be good… for at least a year before their record was good.
Who paid attention to our football team in 2022, on the field or recruiting trail, that feels this team is clearly pointing up and/or is close?
Pike finished last in the B1G the 1st 2 years. GS didn’t do that. Pike has done a great job but it took him 4 years to turn it around. It wasn’t easy in the beginning.

Reactions: MiloTalon13
Pike finished last in the B1G the 1st 2 years. GS didn’t do that. Pike has done a great job but it took him 4 years to turn it around. It wasn’t easy in the beginning.
Sitting at the Maryland game and watching our offense gave me doubts about progress

Reactions: MiloTalon13
Football is the QB the QB the QB. Yes OL too but if the QB has time to throw and is bad then forget it. This year OL was improved but didn’t matter. Then you watch MAC and Sun Belt teams with transfer portal QBs from P5 teams go and light it up and have offenses that look like Ohio State

I get it. Beat Bucknell and Coppin State first,but that will certainly happen. Coppin State is really bad. Bucknell is not going to Lafayette Rutgers. On to my point. Rutgers can beat Purdue. Most certainly would at home. Purdue has no guards and I will always undersell Painter after last season. They were as talented as the old UCLA teams last November and as talented as Cornell in March,when it counted. In addition Rutgers should definitely finish in the top 5 of the Big Ten. There are some bad teams and very pedestrian teams and teams like Illinois with internal issues.I don't see a Big Ten team getting to the Elite 8. This is no indictment of Rutgers. It is of the rest of the league. On another front,there are internal discussions taking place about the Jimmy V and it looks like 2024-5 for the RAC renovations and some tell me after the Schiano new facility is completed.
UConn just announced for next year’s Jimmy V. I wonder if we’ve agreed to play them in that, after the UBS Arena game discussions broke down….

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT