ADVERTISEMENT

Zero turnovers, zero penalties, zero points allowed

read option

All Conference
Nov 12, 2013
That’s the football we played into the 4Q. If we don’t give teams easy scores and field position, I think our D is good enough to keep us extremely competitive. Let’s see how good we can be if we play clean football consistently.

Reactions: Rokodesh
That’s the football we played into the 4Q. If we don’t give teams easy scores and field position, I think our D is good enough to keep us extremely competitive. Let’s see how good we can be if we play clean football consistently.
Change your title. We gave up penalties and a frustrating score on a great day for Rutgers Football!
Not only did we win but for the first time in years Rutgers was entertaining.

Reactions: redking
We had 3 special team miscues for what it’s worth.
One of which cost us a shutout
We seem to be in each other's heads lately. That was the topic of conversation on the ride home today. K/P returns was a huge concern for me going into the season, and it just got bigger. But, other than than, a near perfect game on the other two phases of the game.

We seem to be in each other's heads lately. That was the topic of conversation on the ride home today. K/P returns was a huge concern for me going into the season, and it just got bigger. But, other than than, a near perfect game on the other two phases of the game.
Securing punts is huge, I’d take a no threat who catches everything over holding my breath every punt.

Problem is if we dont move the ball up& down field defense will break down...but they played super. JH designed some great blitz packages today. We have to do everything we can to hang onto him he's TOP SHELF

The past few seasons, we had loads of penalties in the openers. The team looked much better prepared this year.

Reactions: eddynyse
Securing punts is huge, I’d take a no threat who catches everything over holding my breath every punt.
Absolutely. Joshua Younglood was shown the door. He's with Delaware now. 2 returns for 38 yards yesterday, with one return for 24 yards.

And may as well throw in that the FG kicker doinked a rather easy chip shot.
Valentino Ambrosio who was allowed to leave the team after 2021, kicked 4 XPs and 3 FGs yesterday for Tulane, with zero misses. 13 points of fine work.

Reactions: redking
Absolutely. Joshua Younglood was shown the door. He's with Delaware now. 2 returns for 38 yards yesterday, with one return for 24 yards.

Valentino Ambrosio who was allowed to leave the team after 2021, kicked 4 XPs and 3 FGs yesterday for Tulane, with zero misses. 13 points of fine work.
He was 75% in ‘21. 8 of 10 inside 30 yards.

Reactions: thegock
2 fumbles back to back not good. Why hes not fair catching 1st one up 24-0 not good.

Well Patel it's not like he missed and shanked a mile right he did hit the goal post. How long of a FG attempt wasnt paying attn.

I stand corrected. Not a chip shot.
Not a chip shot, but he hit it like a 1-iron - it was lucky it wasn't blocked and then it doinked. First FG looked great and it's his first game, so let's hope he improves. Loved McAtamney's KOs deep into the endzone for touchbacks.

Reactions: thegock
Not a chip shot, but he hit it like a 1-iron - it was lucky it wasn't blocked and then it doinked. First FG looked great and it's his first game, so let's hope he improves. Loved McAtamney's KOs deep into the endzone for touchbacks.
Yes, that was refreshing to see those deep KO's. Overall, a lot to be happy about. Hate to pick on the kicker, but only got 2 FG attempts. The P/K returns needs a lot of work.

Reactions: RU848789
The past few seasons, we had loads of penalties in the openers. The team looked much better prepared this year.
This was a huge plus this game. As far as I’m concerned, there were no stupid penalties. The delay of game was likely by design for field position and the PI call…longerbeam was a half step behind and didn’t risk turning his head, so he shoved to prevent what he thought might’ve been a TD toss. Not a good play, but not stupid. There was not however a single false start penalty. No D lining up in the neutral zone. Those are the ones that drive me insane.

Don't mean to be rude, but if RU played Nyack HS it would have zero turnovers, zero penalties, zero points allowed. RU played a really bad team today that might go winless.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shelby65
Left a little early, but was there only one three and out? That’s encouraging.

nothing about the game impressed me, nor was it disappointing. We handled a lousy team easily.

i’m sure we were all surprised we went for it on 4th down twice on the first drive, a very rare thing for Schiano. Soon after I realized he must have known NU’s offense would be very weak, such that going on 4th wasn’t actually risky,

nothing about the game impressed me, nor was it disappointing. We handled a lousy team easily.

i’m sure we were all surprised we went for it on 4th down twice on the first drive, a very rare thing for Schiano. Soon after I realized he must have known NU’s offense would be very weak, such that going on 4th wasn’t actually risky,
Hey dipshit, Schiano is not running the offense. Real fans were not surprised . Go back to the Syracuse board where you belong, loser.

Don't mean to be rude, but if RU played Nyack HS it would have Zero turnovers, zero penalties, zero points allowed. RU played a really bad team today that might go winless.

We’re not going to the national championship. We’re a bad team trying to get to a point of respectability. We won a conference game against a team we haven’t beaten as a conference member. And we did so by controlling the game from the opening kickoff. We didn’t beat ourselves. We had no turnovers, no silly penalties and held the opponent scoreless until the end of the game. We’ve played games without a full roster or without a head coach. Our opponents didn’t vacate their wins against us. I don’t see the point of being so hard on our team for not being perfect.

Reactions: RutgHoops
Hey dipshit, Schiano is not running the offense. Real fans were not surprised . Go back to the Syracuse board where you belong, loser.
Wow, you exposed yourself as a football moron. Get a clue. There isn’t a head coach in the country at any level, ever, who doesn’t make that decision. You really think KC has that autonomy ? Unbelievable.

We’re not going to the national championship. We’re a bad team trying to get to a point of respectability. We won a conference game against a team we haven’t beaten as a conference member. And we did so by controlling the game from the opening kickoff. We didn’t beat ourselves. We had no turnovers, no silly penalties and held the opponent scoreless until the end of the game. We’ve played games without a full roster or without a head coach. Our opponents didn’t vacate their wins against us. I don’t see the point of being so hard on our team for not being perfect.

Yeah I know - its hard to argue againt the point you make.
Then there's Colorado.

A first year D1 coach takes team with 65 new players in their first game and pimp smacks a team from last years NC game. He cares about his players as much as Schiano does but he treats them like talented men in D1 for a reason. He brings the best out of them and throws away the excuses. His speech before the game was "We aint comin no more - we here. We dont have tomorrow we have now."

I understand you dont throw a new QB to the wolves but we cant even buy a shovel pass or bubble pass in the red zone - stuff most other teams do.. No we have to keep the braces on and reinvent vanilla 70 plays a game. New OCs never matter with Momma Schiano

"We got now!"

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT