ADVERTISEMENT

2021-22 Transfer Portal Activity for RU

Guessing he’s following DeBoer to Washington which is a little unusual because he transferred from Washington to Fresno originally.

Man, after seeing how active RU/Schiano has been in both the portal and recruiting — have to wonder if it wasn’t the worst thing in the world to miss a bowl. 😳

Many forumers pointed it out, but didn’t want to believe it. Gotta like that we’ve offered multiple OL portal starters already

How did Bordner end up in the O line mixing and matching? Did he get passed by one of the other players?
I don't remember him being on the 2 deep, but I did not pay close attention.

IIRC, the OL was mostly:

Center- Zilinskas and Krimin

The core of the rest of the O-Line seemed to be Bordner, Brown (or Paillant), CENTER, Rainey, Pierce. Felter was in the mix too. I'm sure I'm missing others.

What will the portal bring to Rutgers?

giphy.gif

This is why I laugh when people question scholarship numbers. These won't be the last of the kids entering the portal

Reactions: rubigtimenow
Schiano should look at this kid

Not saying no, but 247 pounds is kind of light?

Looks pretty good. Wonder why he did not transfer out sooner?

Not saying no, but 247 pounds is kind of light?

Looks pretty good. Wonder why he did not transfer out sooner?

Weight shouldn't be an issue. Onyechi and Lewis were about 250 for us. He can easily put on 10-15 good pounds between now and September 2022. Stats are great and it seems like he's starting to get some offers.

Reactions: Knight Shift
Weight shouldn't be an issue. Onyechi and Lewis were about 250 for us. He can easily put on 10-15 good pounds between now and September 2022. Stats are great and it seems like he's starting to get some offers.
Do you have familiarity with these players? Just wondering how you picked them - the portal has been very busy the last few days.

OL is the hardest to get off portal. Anyone with legit size/talent will get offers from “better” destinations than RU

https://rutgerswire.usatoday.com/20...it-this-weekend-and-schools-showing-interest/

"He said that within five minutes of entering the portal, a Rutgers assistant coach reached out to him. Talk about efficiency."

Oh ya, that famed efficient Rutgers athletic department.
I'm sure nobody from Rutgers contacted him prior to putting his name in the Portal and it was just a coincidence that someone was so quick to contact him.

Can this stop all the "Transfer Portal is the devil. The rich get richer and Rutgers suffers."?
Rutgers literally is tampering with players as well and trying to "destroy" G5 rosters by bringing in transfers.

https://rutgerswire.usatoday.com/20...it-this-weekend-and-schools-showing-interest/

"He said that within five minutes of entering the portal, a Rutgers assistant coach reached out to him. Talk about efficiency."

Oh ya, that famed efficient Rutgers athletic department.
I'm sure nobody from Rutgers contacted him prior to putting his name in the Portal and it was just a coincidence that someone was so quick to contact him.

Can this stop all the "Transfer Portal is the devil. The rich get richer and Rutgers suffers."?
Rutgers literally is tampering with players as well and trying to "destroy" G5 rosters by bringing in transfers.
Zero chance they co texted him before he went in the portal. Zero.
Did they contact his HS coach. Maybe
Did his HS coach contact RU probably.
But RU didn’t reach out to him.

Zero chance they co texted him before he went in the portal. Zero.
Did they contact his HS coach. Maybe
Did his HS coach contact RU probably.
But RU didn’t reach out to him.

Obviously Rutgers coaches didn't directly call the player in advance.
That's crazy and not how you effectively tamper.
Tampering occurs through back door intermediaries (HS coaches, family members, etc.)

I would assume Rutgers assistant coaches have to at least get tacit approval from HC Schiano or the OC/DC before contacting someone in the Portal. They don't just have carte blanche to contact anyone.

If Rutgers really did contact him within 5 minutes, then they much have had forewarning he was going to be available and more importantly when he was going to be available officially.
This is like when a player agrees to a contract within 5 minutes of the Free Agent window opening even though Player/Team contact is prohibited.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT