ADVERTISEMENT

Big Ten votes to award Penn State full 2014-15 bowl revenue share

Caliknight said:
^ this. The advantage that was conceived by not bringing this to light resulted in tangible wins on the field. Having a known child molester in your program would have surely hurt their own field performance.

You do realize that the instance with Mike Mcquery reporting to Joe occured after Jerry Sandusky had retired correct? So how exactly did Penn State have a known child molester coaching on the sideline? At the time, nobody had a clue about Jerry Sandusky. This argument is rubbish

In 1998 The future Coach Emeritus was investigated for child abuse.
Aftermath of 1998 Sandusky Investigation Raises Additional Questions - NYTimes.com
>In the end, no prosecution was undertaken. The child welfare agency did not take action. And, according to prosecutors, the commander of the university’s campus police force told his detective, Ronald Schreffler, to close the case.<
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/10/s...igation-raises-additional-questions.html?_r=0

You do realize that the instance with Mike Mcquery reporting to Joe occured after Jerry Sandusky had retired correct? So how exactly did Penn State have a known child molester coaching on the sideline? At the time, nobody had a clue about Jerry Sandusky. This argument is rubbish

He was no longer on the sideline.
But he was a "Coach Emeritus" with an office and on campus privileges

How long before the indicted are brought to trial?
And anyone who thinks Paterno didn't know is an idiot.

Last edited:
Probably true the NCAA rushed the case because of how horrible it was..
edited out the rest of my reply because most of it I probably posted a thousand times before
about the cover up.. .
Penn St might have been bluffed, but were guilty as sin.
Making it a win for OJU!
It was the only way they could bring sanctions to PSU. Experts have weighed in on this, including the former NCAA president, and they have all said that this was a criminal case and the NCAA had no authority to impose sanction. If this would have went the traditional route, PSU wouldn't have received any penalties.

The not reporting what happened created an unfair advantage. Whether Sandusky was employed or not was irrelevant as he was using the facilities with the HC's knowledge.

If it wouldn't have disadvantaged them, someone from Joe up would have called the non university police within a week if not less and they didn't which tells you why everyone from Joe to Spanier is guilty...unless you think they just didn't because after "talking to coach " it was the "humane" thing to in their own words....

do you really think you are going to change the out come of this!!! Let it go and become yesterday's news. Done!

This shows the complete lack of details people have in the case. You do know he was retired at the time of the incident? The one incident that occurred while he was a coach was reported and the DA decided no crime was committed. The second incident in which the criminal charges occurred was after he retired. Yes penn state screwed up the handling of it. Those will or have been punished by the civil, criminal and possible Clery Act violations. To say Penn State got off Scott free is simply not correct. They have paid millions and many have been fired. The NCAA screwed by not following their own bylaws. Even several high ranking NCAA officials admitted it was out of their jurisdiction and should follow their own rules. They at the very minimum should have followed the standard sanctioning procedure. What the NCAA did would be the equivalent to the president saying that a criminal would not be allowed a trial because it was so egregious and sentencing them.
Free Jerry

mlsfe.jpg

There is no cult. And JoePa's statue should be put back next to a plaque of Sandusky of course.

do you really think you are going to change the out come of this!!! Let it go and become yesterday's news. Done!
While I don't feel the need to start 5000 threads and I agree you aren't changing their minds I strongly disagree anybody should let it go. From top to bottom they covered up one of the worst crimes someone can commit. Just like other horrific institutional acts this should never be allowed to be forgotten.

For the above article:

"...
He says after calling Penn State’s hazing hotline he met with a senior investigator at the University in April 2014.

During that meeting, Freiwald says Vivenzio explained what he had witnessed and been subjected to and showed the investigator hundreds of documents including photos and group text messages to support his allegations.

According to the complaint, “Penn State recklessly and unconscionably sat on the information” for more than a year without action.

In May 2015, Penn State kicked Kappa Delta Rho off campus for a minimum of three years.

Freiwald likens the “cover-up” by Penn State to the university’s handling of the Jerry Sandusky case.

“The attitude of keeping this in house, looking the other way, being painfully slow to respond is identical,” he said.
..."

The cultish behavior truly runs deep. It would be one thing if were just the minions who act like immoral lemmings - they surely do. The real problem is the people with actual authority are morally bankrupt. This institution is a cesspool.

It's the politically correct thing to do. Pedophilia is next on the approval train.

ANOTHER Penn State thread.

Do people ever realize that the reason for "Another Penn State Thread"s is because they do/have a lot of things done to/for them by the NCAA/conference that are notable stories in the college football world? Yes they are our most hated team, but they also had one of, if not the biggest scandals in CFB history and are still in the midst of dealing with it and any news is part of history. If the same thing happened to Baylor, would we have as many threads? I would still think so. Would there be as many posts? Probably not, but that is because they are our closest conference rival, so naturally there will be more interest than some other random school.

If you can't justify the scandals, mock those who bring them to light!

AN I TEAM INVESTIGATION!!!!!!!!!

You guys are the best. Onto page 3!

This isn't a Happy Valley site, Scarlet Nation members retain moral values, even if those values mean speaking out over Rutgers not doing something the right way.
Penn St cult members put their FB program winning above everything else and will cover up anything and everything that will hurt that program's image.
Seems that's what every PSU administration does when something would make that school look bad.,like a Nit fraternity that's out of control.
They cover up what happened and have to be forced to act.
The Nit motto should be : "We are Cover-Up State."

"Never Forge"t comes to mind when it comes to the way Penn St acted in it's handling of their Coach Emeritus molesting children ( first time came to light was in 1998) and how Penn St made sure he roamed free rnabling him to continue to molest children after he was caught in 2001 by a Nit Grad assistant and that info was passed on to the Nit HC who instead of making sure Sandusky was turned in, changed from JoePa into Joe the Enabler to protect his and his FB program's image

Page 4 might be coming up , hope you ( cjrugger,)continue to enjoy what's said.

He was no longer on the sideline.
But he was a "Coach Emeritus" with an office and on campus privileges

How long before the indicted are brought to trial?
And anyone who thinks Paterno didn't know is an idiot.

Why because you say so, because yu believe everything the media tells you that you like hearing? because you hate penn state and don't want anything good to happen to them?

My God this is just comical at this point. Every week lets start a new thread about penn state have the same 3 fans from penn state come over here and make the same arguments while the same 6 rutgers fans rebuff them and somehow we're now rivals... gimme a break

You wanna know the true difference between penn state and rutgers? Most Penn State fans don't give a sh*t about Rutgers, we're irrelevant. Wanna know the difference between Penn State and Ohio State? Ohio state fans don't give a sh*t about Penn State, they're irrelevant to them.

Reactions: Hotshoe
Not as the NCAA defined it. LOIC is not a rule in itself. A school is defined to LOIC when they have multiple cases of breaking NCAA rules. If it was textbook case then the NCAA would have followed their procedures for sanctions. In emails that were released in discovery sr NCAA adminstrators said they had no case against Penn State but bluffed Penn State into sanctions because they knew Penn State would be to embarrassed to fight it.

Nut, I have a question for you. Let me preface it by giving you my summary take on the scandal so you know where I am coming from.

1. Don't hate Jopa or Penn State, but Joe could have and should have done more to stop it. He said so himself. He had the power to stop it and he knew he had the power. Don't buy the feeble old man, I didn't know what anal sex was pitch. I still respect him as a coach and its a shame his legacy has been ruined, but he could have prevented it, not only prevented it, he would have been looked upon as a man with amazing integrity.

2. The players and Penn State community was not responsible for what sandusky did and I have no issue with them. I do have an issue with the Penn St. community who are in denial, still defend Jopa, and refuse to acknowledge the "Football Program" bears any responsibility.

3. Spanier, Schultz and and Curley were complicit in the coverup and need to do time.

4. I am ok with lifting the sanctions and getting bowl revenue.

So my questions are? Did the Penn State "Football Program" run by a powerful coach bear any responsibility? Other than the Big Four, one of whom has passed away, should anybody else be punished? And lastly, should the NCAA been involved in this case at all? Thanks, I may not always agree with you, but respect your opinion.

Reactions: RUwoz
This isn't a Happy Valley site, Scarlet Nation members retain moral values, even if those values mean speaking out over Rutgers not doing something the right way.
Penn St cult members put their FB program winning above everything else and will cover up anything and everything that will hurt that program's image.
Seems that's what every PSU administration does when something would make that school look bad.,like a Nit fraternity that's out of control.
They cover up what happened and have to be forced to act.
The Nit motto should be : "We are Cover-Up State."

"Never Forge"t comes to mind when it comes to the way Penn St acted in it's handling of their Coach Emeritus molesting children ( first time came to light was in 1998) and how Penn St made sure he roamed free rnabling him to continue to molest children after he was caught in 2001 by a Nit Grad assistant and that info was passed on to the Nit HC who instead of making sure Sandusky was turned in, changed from JoePa into Joe the Enabler to protect his and his FB program's image

Page 4 might be coming up , hope you ( cjrugger,)continue to enjoy what's said.

"Never Forget" Comes to mind when I think about Tyler Clementi, Shanay Rice, and Mike Rice.

I'm not trying to bash our team, its just you madhat are the most short sighted poster on this board, your so quick to jump all over anything that any other school does wrong (not just penn state) but you don't ever acknowledge that we haven't exactly had the best press ourselves lately. Tyler Clementi in particular really breaks my heart, I hate that it happened and I still hear people talk about it to this day

"Never Forget" Comes to mind when I think about Tyler Clementi, Shanay Rice, and Mike Rice.

I'm not trying to bash our team, its just you madhat are the most short sighted poster on this board, your so quick to jump all over anything that any other school does wrong (not just penn state) but you don't ever acknowledge that we haven't exactly had the best press ourselves lately. Tyler Clementi in particular really breaks my heart, I hate that it happened and I still hear people talk about it to this day
Wow, where to begin.

- "Janay" Rice has nothing to do with RU.
- M. Rice was a moron who cursed and threw stuff at players and was rightly fired. However, the only real difference between him and Bobby Knight and a few 100s of wins and some national champs.
- Clementi's death was tragic. And yet, AFAIK, RU was open and transparent about the incident. How refreshing.

If you think any of the above is somehow equivalent to the ongoing (yet another national story today) institution wide cult-like cover-up mentality, you really are dumber than a 5th grader.

Now, onto your continued screed about psu threads.

Just as the joebots will continue their creepy reverence of the big nosed weirdo until they are 6 ft under, just as some here will absolutely not let the cult get their last insane word on this site, you will continue your amusingly un-self-aware policy of obsessively declaring others are obsessed.

Some people will just never change.

Do people ever realize that the reason for "Another Penn State Thread"s is because they do/have a lot of things done to/for them by the NCAA/conference that are notable stories in the college football world? Yes they are our most hated team, but they also had one of, if not the biggest scandals in CFB history and are still in the midst of dealing with it and any news is part of history. If the same thing happened to Baylor, would we have as many threads? I would still think so. Would there be as many posts? Probably not, but that is because they are our closest conference rival, so naturally there will be more interest than some other random school.

Rutgers shares almost no history with Penn State. I think you're trying to justify your obsession.

The thing that is the most shocking is the dozens of posters on BWI who truly believe that Sandusky is innocent. Seems to be that a bunch of maladjusted kids spontaneously got together and just accused Sandusky solely for money, and everyone from the grand jury, to the Commonwealth, to Penn State, and to the jury was somehow hoodwinked.

While I don't feel the need to start 5000 threads and I agree you aren't changing their minds I strongly disagree anybody should let it go. From top to bottom they covered up one of the worst crimes someone can commit. Just like other horrific institutional acts this should never be allowed to be forgotten.

Exactly.
And how can we ever forget that it was Pedd St. that brought sexual abuse of children into the college football conversation. And gave everyone the new term "The Full Sandusky."
For that they should be forced to attempt to defend the cover-up of child abuse forever.

As much as I root against PSU they are like the Yankees in a sense when they visit a campus that campus is more likely to sell out. They make money for the other schools by playing them.

The PSU vs RU game was a sell out last year. If you replace PSU with Temple if we were still in the AAC we probably would not sell out.

In this case they were allowed to play in a bowl by the NCAA. They had certain bowl expenses to cover and helped the sponsors by playing. They also helped the league by filling a bowl slot.
Please don't compare PSU to my beloved Yankees. They are not even Michigan.

The thing that is the most shocking is the dozens of posters on BWI who truly believe that Sandusky is innocent. Seems to be that a bunch of maladjusted kids spontaneously got together and just accused Sandusky solely for money, and everyone from the grand jury, to the Commonwealth, to Penn State, and to the jury was somehow hoodwinked.

Let's not overstate things. There are about 5 that think JS is innocent because they are following some idiot from Cali who is using the scandal to make a name for himself. Those "people" are all sick bastards that get blasted everytime they post such nonsense (and that is from a pro-paterno crowd). Some people just aren't worth the time of day.

Nut, I have a question for you. Let me preface it by giving you my summary take on the scandal so you know where I am coming from.

1. Don't hate Jopa or Penn State, but Joe could have and should have done more to stop it. He said so himself. He had the power to stop it and he knew he had the power. Don't buy the feeble old man, I didn't know what anal sex was pitch. I still respect him as a coach and its a shame his legacy has been ruined, but he could have prevented it, not only prevented it, he would have been looked upon as a man with amazing integrity.

2. The players and Penn State community was not responsible for what sandusky did and I have no issue with them. I do have an issue with the Penn St. community who are in denial, still defend Jopa, and refuse to acknowledge the "Football Program" bears any responsibility.

3. Spanier, Schultz and and Curley were complicit in the coverup and need to do time.

4. I am ok with lifting the sanctions and getting bowl revenue.

So my questions are? Did the Penn State "Football Program" run by a powerful coach bear any responsibility? Other than the Big Four, one of whom has passed away, should anybody else be punished? And lastly, should the NCAA been involved in this case at all? Thanks, I may not always agree with you, but respect your opinion.

For a long time I've not replied to any of these posts because I feel like replying is a lot like p*ssing into the wind but you seem to a least have an open mind so here it goes.
1. I'm sure you've heard this before but one of the Sandusky prosecutors, Frank Fina, said Joe was not involved with a coverup. That he's seen the evidence and it's not there. Not that I view Deadspin as a reliable news source but this was the first link I found, there are others: http://deadspin.com/prosecutor-from-sandusky-trial-joe-paterno-not-involve-1252192930. I get that this doesn't absolve him from the culpability of making the wrong judgement at the time. I think everyone just wishes he would have went to the police. But I do think it speaks to the "protect the football program at all cost" mantra that, as a Penn Stater, I believe is false. As a coach who was always lauded for doing it the right way, turning in a former employee would have only solidified that perception and would not have damaged the football team in any way. In a way you basically make this argument yourself. I mean how would a program whose leader is man who had amazing integrity be damaged. However, I can see why the argument is made that having a former employee turn out to be a pedophile would do damage to an organization but I just think that is the short view of how things would have turned out with respect to the football program. Now the 2nd Mile was clearly affected by having their founder accused and later convicted of a litany of child endangerment charges. More on this in #3.

2. I respect you for saying the community wasn't responsible for what Sandusky did however, not everyone sees things this way. Somehow because I'm a fan/alum of Penn State (and a local) I am part of culture that enables child abuse. What? How is that even remotely represent me as a person. This is where I become defensive. When communicated poorly, that defensiveness can be perceived as refusal to acknowledge the errors of those involved. But I can discern between people making the wrong decisions with how to handle the reporting of a crime of this nature contrary to those same people having nefarious intentions of protecting the football program, .i.e. they didn't get it right but they didn't go out of their way to get it wrong on purpose knowing kids would continue to be in danger.

3. At this point I disagree with this statement but my view could easily change based on more info being released. As of now it's apparent they reported what they knew to at least the 2nd Mile. Technically this fulfilled the letter of the law when it came to reporting back in 2001, the law changed in 2007. Now, I understand that technically fulfilling the letter of the law is not the same as fulfilling a moral obligation. However, if Curley & Schlultz were cautious with how they met the letter of the law it is far more likely to me that they were concerned about damage to the 2nd Mile vs. the football team. Think about it, the organization that essentially has had all the blamed laid on it, accused of the worst sports scandal ever is still functioning, where as the 2nd Mile, essentially accused of nothing, was considering dissolution a week after the arrest of Sandusky (http://www.cnn.com/2011/11/18/us/pennsylvania-second-mile/). Now at the time the 2nd Mile program was thought to be a beneficial program for many of the areas underprivileged and troubled kids. So again I don't believe C&S's intentions to be nefarious. Did they get it wrong? With the information we have, absolutely. But I also don't believe they were complicit in a coverup. Again I'm keeping an open mind and this view could surely change but at this point I can't make that leap. Maybe it's just me but I think the intentions behind their actions (or in-actions) are important.

So to answer your questions based on the response to your points:
1 - No, at this point I do not believe the football program should bear responsibility for what happened. But let's face it, it's easier to sleep better at night thinking that someone like Sandusky only got away with what he did because he was protected by football program run by a powerful coach. The alternative, that Sandusky was able to earn the trust of a community and do this under our noses is admittedly frightening. But failing to acknowledge this possibility doesn't make kids safer. I do want to emphasize the at this point part. I'm fully aware things could be revealed that adds responsibility to the football program but I, and I think most Penn Staters, believe that the more information that comes out goes towards releasing responsibility from the football program.

2 - Time will tell. I think we would like to know what Raykowitz (2nd Mile CEO) did with the informatation Curley relayed to him, and exactly what Curley relayed.

3 - The NCAA should have followed their own bylaws and run an independent investigation even though having this drug out by that process would have likely impacted recruiting and the football team more than the way it went down.

So my question to you is what information or fact would cause you to re-evaluate how you perceive the actions of the Big 4 and the responsibility of the football program? Hypothetically, if it turns out they did make a report to the Child Line would that mean anything to you? If C/S/S are all found not guilty will that mean anything? What about if the charges are dropped? Spanier wins his defamation case against Freeh? The Paternos win their case against the NCAA?

Tyler Clementi was done wrong and what happened was tragic, but there wasn't a coverup and it's very idiotic to compare how Rutgers handled
what happened to Clementi to what Penn St allowed to continue.
Just trying to compare the incidents involving the individuals you mentioned to Penn St covering up for Sandusky's child molestation, proves you need to re-think your values .
Call me short sighted after what you just posted :thumbsdown:

He had his office and still had access to the program, which he clearly used early and often, to rape more boys.

You can play semantics with the official status all you want. He was part of the program while he was molesting kids.

I think the problem comes in when people focus too much on Paterno. Paterno does some responsibility for the problem. Anyone who was aware of the abuse and didn’t do anything has responsibility.

The problem is that putting all the focus (and blame) on Paterno side-steps the real issue. The big thing is, this is exactly the reason you have a president in authority, instead of a coach. A coach might be inclined to overlook or downplay a situation that might hurt his team, which is of course his livelihood. He has too much vested interest, so that’s why you put a president above him, to make the right decision when a coach might have a conflict of interest. This is exactly the kind of situation for that setup. If the president isn’t going to step up in this situation, then the whole position of president is pointless to have.

Another point overlooked is that the police knew about Sandusky back in 1998. They never got anything strong enough to charge him, but they had him admitting on tape saying that he took showers with boys. Ok, you can’t keep that guy on your radar? I mean, we run stings to catch drug dealers, hookers, mobsters. Why can’t you run a sting on this guy?

The one other point is that McQueary was the one that actually saw the abuse. If you want to be honest about it, he’s really the one that should have called the cops. He really should have just beat the hell out of Sandusky, but he should have called the cops then and there. Most people say, “Well, yeah, but Paterno was the head coach.” That’s not a valid argument. McQueary is the one guy who actually saw first hand what was going on. Everybody else heard about it second hand. McQueary is the one guy who could give the cops the smoking gun to make the charges stick.

What’s kind of ironic is that people who focus on Paterno are unknowingly propagating the “football first” mentality that caused all this in the first place. You’re saying Paterno was the final word. Well, isn’t that the problem?

For a long time I've not replied to any of these posts because I feel like replying is a lot like p*ssing into the wind but you seem to a least have an open mind so here it goes.
1. I'm sure you've heard this before but one of the Sandusky prosecutors, Frank Fina, said Joe was not involved with a coverup. That he's seen the evidence and it's not there. Not that I view Deadspin as a reliable news source but this was the first link I found, there are others: http://deadspin.com/prosecutor-from-sandusky-trial-joe-paterno-not-involve-1252192930. I get that this doesn't absolve him from the culpability of making the wrong judgement at the time. I think everyone just wishes he would have went to the police. But I do think it speaks to the "protect the football program at all cost" mantra that, as a Penn Stater, I believe is false. As a coach who was always lauded for doing it the right way, turning in a former employee would have only solidified that perception and would not have damaged the football team in any way. In a way you basically make this argument yourself. I mean how would a program whose leader is man who had amazing integrity be damaged. However, I can see why the argument is made that having a former employee turn out to be a pedophile would do damage to an organization but I just think that is the short view of how things would have turned out with respect to the football program. Now the 2nd Mile was clearly affected by having their founder accused and later convicted of a litany of child endangerment charges. More on this in #3.

2. I respect you for saying the community wasn't responsible for what Sandusky did however, not everyone sees things this way. Somehow because I'm a fan/alum of Penn State (and a local) I am part of culture that enables child abuse. What? How is that even remotely represent me as a person. This is where I become defensive. When communicated poorly, that defensiveness can be perceived as refusal to acknowledge the errors of those involved. But I can discern between people making the wrong decisions with how to handle the reporting of a crime of this nature contrary to those same people having nefarious intentions of protecting the football program, .i.e. they didn't get it right but they didn't go out of their way to get it wrong on purpose knowing kids would continue to be in danger.

3. At this point I disagree with this statement but my view could easily change based on more info being released. As of now it's apparent they reported what they knew to at least the 2nd Mile. Technically this fulfilled the letter of the law when it came to reporting back in 2001, the law changed in 2007. Now, I understand that technically fulfilling the letter of the law is not the same as fulfilling a moral obligation. However, if Curley & Schlultz were cautious with how they met the letter of the law it is far more likely to me that they were concerned about damage to the 2nd Mile vs. the football team. Think about it, the organization that essentially has had all the blamed laid on it, accused of the worst sports scandal ever is still functioning, where as the 2nd Mile, essentially accused of nothing, was considering dissolution a week after the arrest of Sandusky (http://www.cnn.com/2011/11/18/us/pennsylvania-second-mile/). Now at the time the 2nd Mile program was thought to be a beneficial program for many of the areas underprivileged and troubled kids. So again I don't believe C&S's intentions to be nefarious. Did they get it wrong? With the information we have, absolutely. But I also don't believe they were complicit in a coverup. Again I'm keeping an open mind and this view could surely change but at this point I can't make that leap. Maybe it's just me but I think the intentions behind their actions (or in-actions) are important.

So to answer your questions based on the response to your points:
1 - No, at this point I do not believe the football program should bear responsibility for what happened. But let's face it, it's easier to sleep better at night thinking that someone like Sandusky only got away with what he did because he was protected by football program run by a powerful coach. The alternative, that Sandusky was able to earn the trust of a community and do this under our noses is admittedly frightening. But failing to acknowledge this possibility doesn't make kids safer. I do want to emphasize the at this point part. I'm fully aware things could be revealed that adds responsibility to the football program but I, and I think most Penn Staters, believe that the more information that comes out goes towards releasing responsibility from the football program.

2 - Time will tell. I think we would like to know what Raykowitz (2nd Mile CEO) did with the informatation Curley relayed to him, and exactly what Curley relayed.

3 - The NCAA should have followed their own bylaws and run an independent investigation even though having this drug out by that process would have likely impacted recruiting and the football team more than the way it went down.

So my question to you is what information or fact would cause you to re-evaluate how you perceive the actions of the Big 4 and the responsibility of the football program? Hypothetically, if it turns out they did make a report to the Child Line would that mean anything to you? If C/S/S are all found not guilty will that mean anything? What about if the charges are dropped? Spanier wins his defamation case against Freeh? The Paternos win their case against the NCAA?

Thanks for the reply, I see your point on many levels, disagree with your point that the Football program should not have been responsible in any way. That Program included Paterno, Spanier, Schultz and Curley. Like I said, the current program suffered enough IMO, so I am ok with no more sanctions.

Obviously everybody was sick about what sandusky did. Most reasonable people hold the Big Four responsible for it continuing, because, you, me, Nut, and everybody else knows if one of those individuals did the right thing and forced it out into the open, it could have been stopped way earlier. THe buck stops with them. THey were in control. There just simply is no getting around this.

To answer your question, because I feel so strongly about the moral obligation I believe the Big 4 had, I don't really care what happens in court. Civil or criminal. If they are found innocent due to some legal technicality or the jury acquits them because they have to stick to the letter of the law, it changes nothing for me. Again, any of the Big 4 could have stopped the abuse once they were aware but didn't. That is all I need to know.

There was a culture for all those years that allowed the abuse to continue. I will forever hold the BIG 4 responsible and hope that the Penn State Community put pressure on Leaders to always "do the right thing." just as I hope the Rutgers Community continues to demand the same of our leadership.

Wow, where to begin.

- "Janay" Rice has nothing to do with RU.
- M. Rice was a moron who cursed and threw stuff at players and was rightly fired. However, the only real difference between him and Bobby Knight and a few 100s of wins and some national champs.
- Clementi's death was tragic. And yet, AFAIK, RU was open and transparent about the incident. How refreshing.

If you think any of the above is somehow equivalent to the ongoing (yet another national story today) institution wide cult-like cover-up mentality, you really are dumber than a 5th grader.

Now, onto your continued screed about psu threads.

Just as the joebots will continue their creepy reverence of the big nosed weirdo until they are 6 ft under, just as some here will absolutely not let the cult get their last insane word on this site, you will continue your amusingly un-self-aware policy of obsessively declaring others are obsessed.

Some people will just never change.

Really? The administration wasn't alerted about mike rice MONTHS before he was fired, wasn't the only reason he was fired because the media got ahold of the tapes and the AD was so ignorant that he admitted that he didn't watch the tapes which means he could have done more but didn't (hmmm sound a little like penn state)

Look what happened at pen state was tragic but let me ask u, what progress is made to heal the victims by you and 6 other posters on here constantly twisting things into 'Everyone at pen state knew and therefore lets label the entire university and whoever still admires a football coach who gave MILLIONS back to charity in his lifetime. If they want to cheer for him and support him that is their right. You nor I have any right to tell them how to think and the obsession with trying to prove ur point is downright embarrassing. Anyone who still harps on pen state about the Sandusky scandal is pathetic truly pathetic

I will forever hold the BIG 4 responsible

Why do you give other people a free pass?

For example, why doesn't Mike McQueary have any moral responsibility? He is the one who actually witnessed the abuse first hand. Is moral responsibility only defined by the importance of your job title?

Why don't you place any blame on the police? They had knowledge about Sandusky. Why did they have to wait for anyone to call them in the first place? Just go find whatever technicality you can and then go nail the guy.

Really? The administration wasn't alerted about mike rice MONTHS before he was fired, wasn't the only reason he was fired because the media got ahold of the tapes and the AD was so ignorant that he admitted that he didn't watch the tapes which means he could have done more but didn't (hmmm sound a little like penn state)
Wow, that's so ignorantly wrong that they ought to raise a memorial in honor of your ineptitude.

Last edited:
Why do you give other people a free pass?

For example, why doesn't Mike McQueary have any moral responsibility? He is the one who actually witnessed the abuse first hand. Is moral responsibility only defined by the importance of your job title?

Why don't you place any blame on the police? They had knowledge about Sandusky. Why did they have to wait for anyone to call them in the first place? Just go find whatever technicality you can and then go nail the guy.

I don't give other people a free pass, but please, McQueary is not on the same level as the Big 4. He did the hardest thing he has ever done in his life, young assistant coach working for his idol, by telling him about the incident thinking he would be able to do something to stop it. Jopa didn't, that is not McQueary's fault. Of course, now you are going to say Jopa did the same thing. But the undeniable truth is, Jopa had more power than any of them. THey were afraid of him and tarnishing his legacy as well as jeopardizing the Football program and their own jobs, who wouldn't be. That is no excuse for an unconscionable cover up that led to continued abuse.

I know Penn Staters want to spread the blame around, the more people who knew, the less blame on Jopa, I get that. But nothing will change the fact that the Big 4 were in power, and any one of them should have done the right thing and bring it out in the open to stop it, but they didn't.

You can talk all day about other people, janitors, assistant coaches who knew, but they were not in a position of power and did their jobs by telling people in a position of power. The Big 4 are responsible for the cover up, and no matter what happens in civil or criminal courts, we all know it.

RUsmrtrthna5thgrdr said:

Wow, that's so ignorantly wrong that they ought to raise a memorial in honor of your ineptitude.

Look at it like this when you think about smrtrthna5thgrdr's opinion:
tumblr_m5p3fh3d9b1rn95k2o1_500.gif

...If they are found innocent due to some legal technicality or the jury acquits them because they have to stick to the letter of the law, it changes nothing for me. Again, any of the Big 4 could have stopped the abuse once they were aware but didn't. That is all I need to know.
I guess this where we have to agree to disagree. To paraphrase, you're convinced the Big 4 absolutely knew that Sandusky was abusing kids and they chose to cover it up or at least pass the buck to legally absolve themselves of responsibility.

If I believed that, then I'd be in lockstep with how you feel. However, I don't believe they knew he was abusing kids. Their actions and tone in the "Freeh" emails just don't make that apparent to me. It's easy for us to fill in the blanks 10+ years later knowing what we now know about Sandusky. McQueary went to his father and family friend that evening, none of them called Child Line. The investigation in 1998 concluded (erroneously) there was no wrong doing. Sandusky was allowed to adopt multiple foster children where he had to be cleared by Child Services. None of this is meant to deflect blame but its to show no one acted like they knew he was abusing kids.

The only person who seemingly had any clue what kind of person Sandusky was was the original psychologist that interviewed him during the 1998 investigation, Alycia Chambers. But the state or CYS (can't remember which) sent a second pyschologist to interview him and overruled Chambers.

Again, in retrospect, their judgement of Sandusky was wrong but I don't think that equates to them knowing he was abusing kids. My view is they erred on the side of believing in Sandusky when they should have erred on the side of protecting kids. ADDED: Wrong for sure, but not nefarious and not because of this alleged win at all costs football culture.

Last edited:
Aww
RUsmrtrthna5thgrdr said:

Look at it like this when you think about smrtrthna5thgrdr's opinion:
tumblr_m5p3fh3d9b1rn95k2o1_500.gif
that's cute madhat, u just got shut down and ur now calling me names. Awww

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT