ADVERTISEMENT

Called it. Does anyone have any doubts now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blue skies
Smiling at me
Nothing but blue skies
Do I see

Bluebirds
Singing a song
Nothing but bluebirds
All day long

Never saw the sun shining so bright
Never saw things going so right
Noticing the days hurrying by
When you're in love, my how they fly

Blue days
All of them gone
Nothing but blue skies
From now on

(Scat)

I never saw the sun shining so bright
Never saw things going so right
Noticing the days hurrying by
When you're in love, my how they fly

Blue days
All of them gone
Nothing but blue skies
From now on

Read more: Ella Fitzgerald - Blue Skies Lyrics | MetroLyrics

Er... what's with the random poopy reference in the middle of that song?

Last edited:
Don't be such a friggin' d-bag bully. I kid, I kid - figured maybe we could get into a good shouting match just to show these amateurs how it's really done, lol. My buddy @mildone says we should hug it out, by the way. But then again, he's on the record stating he loves sheep and wishes he were bisexual, so he'd have more opportunities across the entire animal kingdom.
Hugs, not drugs. When one adds sheep to the mix, does it make it trisexual?

Being bisexual would make good mathematical sense. It more or less doubles one's market (or if you already love sheep, increases it by 50%). I'd upgrade my sexual preferences to bi right now if I could only figure out a way to get my wee pocket tool to cooperate. Then my motto could be: if opportunity comes a knocking, don't be afraid of a good... uh, nevermind. [winking]

Why a perma ban though? Why not a 2 week grounding?

Why not let the members decide if he stays banned or not?

Reactions: bac2therac
OK so I finally checked Nutsy's Twitter page. Shame on me, I know. Something tells me that this Board won't be subjected to his over the top personal attacks anytime soon while he's still feuding with the Mods on this site.

Based on his recent tweets the sonofabitch is truly challenged between the ears IMHO. But he can claim to bleed Scarlet for what that's worth. Talk about a cry for help. Some people just don't belong.

BTW the Nutster appears to have all of 90 followers on Twitter. It gives added meaning to the phrase " RU Irrelevant. " Next !

22h22 hours ago
AreYouNUTS ‏@RUPartyGuy
That's about the 30th thread, supporting me, that John has deleted since banning me, yet he tells me privately that nobody wants me there.

Last edited:
I just clicked through CNN and discovered that NUTS didn't make the debate podium for Thursday night.

This is an outrage.

Sun is shinin' in the sky,
There ain't a cloud in sight
It's stopped rainin'
Everybody's in a play
And don't you know
It's a beautiful new day.

Runnin' down the avenue
See how the sun shines brightly
In the city on the streets
Where once was pity,
Mr. Blue Sky is living here today.

Mr. Blue Sky, please tell us why,
You had to hide away
For so long where did we go wrong.

Hey there Mr. Blue
We're so pleased to be with you
Look around see what you do,
Everybody smiles at you.

Hey you with the pretty face,
Welcome to the human race
A celebration Mr. Blue Sky's
Up there waitin' and today
Is the day we've waited for

Mr. Blue you did it right,
But soon comes Mr. Night,
Creepin' over, now his
Hand is on your shoulder,
Never mind I'll remember you this way

Mr Blue Sky
Please tell us why
You had to hide away for so long
Where did we fo wrong

What's your opinion on this thread?
I think that when you deal with annonamoyus people are who the are on the Internet you find that some are still respectful and some become asses. I also believe that just because you donate more, post more, go to more games etc. doesn't make you an expert on everything Rutgers Athletics related. I find that I tend to agree with certain people's opinions on some points and think their uninformed idiots on other topics and that's perfectly normal and acceptable. Because I believe this I struggle with the whole optimist vs. pessimist point of view. When I find folks that are always in one camp, positive or negative, I quickly lable them as simple thinkers. Someone that lacks real opinion.

Since you asked, I don't think this board really caters to one group over another. The circle jerk fraternity on both sides is nauseating. My personal opinion is this is the safe site. Never will we see much of the rumor type info around this site. I believe John likes things safe and that translates to deleting anything that will stir the pot.

OK so I finally checked Nutsy's Twitter page. Shame on me, I know. Something tells me that this Board won't be subjected to his over the top personal attacks anytime soon while he's still feuding with the Mods on this site.

Based on his recent tweets the sonofabitch is truly challenged between the ears IMHO. But he can claim to bleed Scarlet for what that's worth. Talk about a cry for help. Some people just don't belong.

BTW the Nutster appears to have all of 90 followers on Twitter. It gives added meaning to the phrase " RU Irrelevant. " Next !

22h22 hours ago
AreYouNUTS ‏@RUPartyGuy
That's about the 30th thread, supporting me, that John has deleted since banning me, yet he tells me privately that nobody wants me there.
Huh??? What?
He is right. WTF do you think this thread is about? They deleted another one last night. But thanks for posting complete BS

Well, I've had fun reading everyone's opinions all day. As a mod, I'd say feel free to email me when there's an issue (noth0583 at gmail dot com) or use the "report posts" function. We'll definitely see them. Most mods aren't on this site 24/7 or read every post. If there's an issue, let them know.

Re: NUTS. That issue has been addressed by one or more posters correctly in this thread and incorrectly by a bunch more. NUTS negativity or positivity has nothing to do with whether or not he's here. It was the drama surrounding all of it. If NUTS wants to work it out with John, I'm sure John is more than willing to listen. If it's going to be like Twitter, I doubt he'd be here long. Personally, I hope he can come back. I enjoyed the banter on this board and all that he did for the posters here and fans in general.

We have never wanted a pollyanna board here. We want good debate on both sides of the arguments. It's when people don't want to give and take, but only give, that things go downhill. It's all about moderating your own posts so you don't come off as some sort of extremist jerk when you post. No mod cares which side of the argument you're on. They just care that your criticism is constructive and not just flat out bashing. Things aren't always rosy in Rutgers sports, so they want to make sure different opinions aren't shot down without some realistic debate to be made. Support the team, critique things, but don't be an ass and start stuff with other posters. If the extremism stopped (politics, Rutgers sports, whatever), people would be a lot happier on any message board.

Feel free to ask questions if you have them.

P.S. I don't have any idea what a "sky is blue" poster is either.

unfortunately I think its going to be very difficult for Nuts to come back here, not so much him with his style which we all know but concern over those baiting him and making everything personal. That's a big problem here, I see people taking their personal vendettas and throwing a blanket on the entire poster, judging them as a person and how they act in real life or absolutely trolling every post they make because of prior posts...I see that done to some decent posters and fans. Have I been guilty, yep no problem admitting that but really only with a couple of posters who totally trashed me.

Nuts is a victim of repetitive posters, as a high volume posters it seems like all he was posting was anti Flood stuff but that was far from the truth and then he started to get baited. Nuts often laid out statistics about recruiting that were just dismissed. I am aware there were other things that went down with him and another poster away from the board but I don't think stuff like that should have been factored in

I still am amazed that there is a group of posters who insist that the board is negative when really its not. They seem to bait negativity with digs at that group even before there are negative posts. And as not one of GS biggest fans, I am amazed at the total reversal of opinion of him by a lot on this board, those that were staunch supporters while he was here and then dismissing a lot of stuff that they ardently supported about him before...and this weird comparison as Mooby was mentioning about threads degenerating into Flood vs GS as if trashing Greg props up Kyle. I see a lot of people going out of their way to prop Flood up

As my posts from last fall said, Kyle did a great job recovering late in the season and as one who wanted him gone after 2013 (of course who could forget many did and many including the mods and people in this very thread pushing the speculation he was out the door) I was encouraged by last season. However KF still has a lot to prove with recruiting, coaching and wins and losses. The next two years will sink or swim him. Im pretty much in a neutral wait and see mode with him and I think a lot of people lumped in as negatoids are as well. Not so much negative but waiting for the answer

A better question is who are the posters that actually complain to the mods. That's weak.

THIS plus infinity...that there are posters so wadded up that they have to flood Johns email box with nonsense about posts that they just couldn't ignore and move on boggles my mind. This is coming from someone with with more posts than anyone on the board.....LET IT GO....its just a message board...go and enjoy life and do something else, stop worrying about what every lunatic both positive and negative are blowing out of their ass.

Oh give me a break. This is the disconnect people like you don't realize: There is stupid on both sides of the equation. The reality of a FAN board is that there will always be a higher level of scrutiny towards negative posts. Stupid or factually incorrect positive posts (read: rutgersal and AYN before 2013 Houston game) just get ignored or cheered on because, surprise, we all are here to support our team. Take that same level of stupid and apply it to the negative (read: AYN after 2013 Houston game or most posters in game threads while we are losing) and people get annoyed. This is completely disjointed from the idea that no negative criticism can be levied; rather, you just have to be much more thoughtful and cogent with your arguments when being negative. That's just a fact of life you have to accept when joining a fan board.

That being said, I do agree there are SOME people who just cannot tolerate negative news/ view points no matter what. Example, Ruskoolie does an excellent job of analyzing our team and recruits (probably moreso than 99.9% of the people on this board) and tells it like it is with supporting reasons for his arguments, yet he frequently receives pejorative responses with no substance and was even banned for a little. If you have a hard time swallowing that, come up with your own thoughtful and logical argument as to why you disagree versus just shouting at him or running to the mods.

I totally agree with you about Skoolie, he has been given a raw deal more than once here and is baited constantly

as for me being a hypocrite with shouting down negativity about Julie...maybe I am guilty but MUCH of the ire is stupid and posters taking leads and cues from the Star Ledger often times continuing to post inaccurate information

I totally agree with you about Skoolie, he has been given a raw deal more than once here and is baited constantly

as for me being a hypocrite with shouting down negativity about Julie...maybe I am guilty but MUCH of the ire is stupid and posters taking leads and cues from the Star Ledger often times continuing to post inaccurate information

Which is a fair observation - the fact that arguments which neglect all the details, the bigger picture, ultimately fall down from a logical perspective.

Let me turn it around on you.

Do you think it is similarly unfair to criticize Flood's 2016 recruiting class for having no top NJ players, in spite of the fact that the class is ranked in the 30s, nationally?

Do you think it is similarly unfair to criticize Flood's 2016 recruiting class for having no top NJ players, in spite of the fact that the class is ranked in the 30s, nationally?
Absolutely. Not ideal but unfair.

Everyone knows that bac has a hair trigger for anyone who dares to offer constructive criticism for the job performance of our AD. His avatar showcasing Julie as the Scarlet Knight is proof positive that his reality of our AD's performance is influenced by his own personal fantasies.

Everyone knows that bac has a hair trigger for anyone who dares to offer constructive criticism for the job performance of our AD. His avatar showcasing Julie as the Scarlet Knight is proof positive that his reality of our AD's performance is influenced by his own personal fantasies.

Lemme ask you.... How much time have you spent talking to Julie? I mean one on one.

Which is a fair observation - the fact that arguments which neglect all the details, the bigger picture, ultimately fall down from a logical perspective.

I think the criticism about the NJ players is that long term its going to have to happen and this was such a strong year in state so to come up pretty short in NJ was disappointing. I also think criticism of not landing top NJ players was driven partially by a few posters on the round table who were promising very big things happening and this nonsense about SUPER class of 2016, I cant even remember what they were calling it. A lot of unnecessary hype created by kool aid posters who then cried foul when some lobbed criticism towards them...which was strange since they shouted everyone down who questioned whether these kids were coming...Nuts was a victim of that

so as the poster above mentioned, its not fair but it is what it is this year when you put in context. I don't think its outrageous to question it but I also agree that getting a top 30-35 class was solid for this coaching staff.

The lack of total perspective on this forum is growing larger and larger by those on both ends of the argument that dominates this forum

To answer your second question....flood is turning around recruiting and Iove the stand he is taking in recruiting. New jersey athletes won't value a Rutgers ship offer if we leave it open as fall back plan. We make an offer...we would love to have jersey kids...but if you don't want to be here...lots others in the state of Rutgers who does. Think this will have long term benefits with our ability to recruit New Jersey and major kudos to coach flood for having the balls for doing so

oh Knightmoves you never fail me....have you ever got over the internal report that cleared Julie of doing anything wrong with the Tyrees or are you still waiting for Politi to dig deeper

Reactions: RU5781
Huh??? What?
He is right. WTF do you think this thread is about? They deleted another one last night. But thanks for posting complete BS

You seem to complain a lot about this board and the people who post on it. If you hate it so much here, why are you here? There are other places on the Web to discuss or complain about RU football. Further if you feel that the mods are not being fair with regards to rules, why are you not taking it up directly with them and instead choosing to create a thread basically bashing the way this site is run.

I think the criticism about the NJ players is that long term its going to have to happen and this was such a strong year in state so to come up pretty short in NJ was disappointing. I also think criticism of not landing top NJ players was driven partially by a few posters on the round table who were promising very big things happening and this nonsense about SUPER class of 2016, I cant even remember what they were calling it. A lot of unnecessary hype created by kool aid posters who then cried foul when some lobbed criticism towards them...which was strange since they shouted everyone down who questioned whether these kids were coming...Nuts was a victim of that

so as the poster above mentioned, its not fair but it is what it is this year when you put in context. I don't think its outrageous to question it but I also agree that getting a top 30-35 class was solid for this coaching staff.

I can understand the disappointment, and I agree that it may well be, in large part, the result of unreasonable expectations.

I've always said - and I think you know this - that I have no expectation that top NJ recruits are going to jump the RU bandwagon simply as a result of our entry into the B1G, as some have suggested.

I think that top recruits go to top teams. We aren't a top team. We have to show that we're competitive against our schedule, which will generate enough of a buzz around the program to put us in more serious contention.

That said, I absolutely accuse people of being short-sighted with respect to where we are right now. If you look at the recruiting battles we've been in - and lost - we've lost those battles against some of the best teams in the nation. Our presence on the national recruiting landscape is stronger than its ever been. That's positive momentum.

And, of course, assuming we don't completely shit the bed against this year's schedule, that momentum will continue and it will build. And we'll start winning those recruiting battles. Probably not all at once, but incrementally - which ultimately leads to incremental improvement on the field, which in turn leads to winning more recruiting battles.

That, in a nutshell, is how somebody in a senior leadership position looks at the current situation. It's how Julie is looking at it, it's how Kyle Flood is looking at it. And since it's their job (and not the job of some number of random yahoos on an internet message board), I'll trust them to execute.

The lack of total perspective on this forum is growing larger and larger by those on both ends of the argument that dominates this forum

To answer your second question....flood is turning around recruiting and Iove the stand he is taking in recruiting. New jersey athletes won't value a Rutgers ship offer if we leave it open as fall back plan. We make an offer...we would love to have jersey kids...but if you don't want to be here...lots others in the state of Rutgers who does. Think this will have long term benefits with our ability to recruit New Jersey and major kudos to coach flood for having the balls for doing so
Agree. I know of at least one kid(highly ranked NJ kid) who tried to commit and was told sorry no room anymore.

Scarlet Shack- please keep posting. I have talked to many people at bars and tailgates and everyone knows and loves your recaps.

What you and bac said was on point. As was Mooby's point that was Nuts was pro-GS he was hailed and when he turned on Flood he was persona non grata.

Overall I agree with bac's assessment of the program.

Nuts has done a lot for fans organizing game watches and bowl gatherings. Questioning the HC does not make you a bad fan.

Reactions: RUDutch
I have had really non-controversial posts of mine deleted from this site- not sure why.

skillful moderation, ultimately successful moderation on the Internet requires a light touch. it doesn't seem like this site aubcribes to that logic, but there is no point in driving people away.

You seem to complain a lot about this board and the people who post on it. If you hate it so much here, why are you here? There are other places on the Web to discuss or complain about RU football. Further if you feel that the mods are not being fair with regards to rules, why are you not taking it up directly with them and instead choosing to create a thread basically bashing the way this site is run.
So are you saying only the Sky is Blue Crowd is allowed to post on this board? And posters like myself who ask reasonable questions about recruiting or the true strength of Rutgers opponents aren't allowed??. The mods have proven that is exactly what they want. I guess I was wrong that this was an open forum.

For some reason, I think people on this board are a little to amped up.The best board experience I ever had was on PCworld, where the mods did a fantastic job of making sure there was a strong community, and people generally just recognized that they were all there in terms of interest. You had the people that ranted and raved about "windoze" and "Micro$uck" and "Crapple", and yadda yadda. You had people that run linux acting superior, people bashing on Firefox/Chrome/IE. But generally, everyone just agreed we all loved computers.

On here, it seems like everyone has lost sight of that. We're all here because we love Rutgers, or failing that, college sports. Whether you believe the world is sunshiny and beautiful, or it's the depths of Hades, we all have something in common. Insulting one another will do absolutely nothing of use.

Honestly, I'm a pessimist about RU sports. But I'm pessimistically optimistic. I think we're going to be terrible, just because it makes me happier when we do win. But I scream and yell and cheer like a maniac, because aw hell, I might as well. I desperately hope we can win, I just don't expect to. (I'm a mets, jets, and Rutgers fan. If I was always optimistic, I'd be certifiably crazy.)

My opinion on Flood is that he's a guy who's learning and getting better at an impressive pace, As a huge fan of Rutgers, not just Rutgers sports, I'm glad to have a high class guy as my football coach. I'm most likely in the minority, but I'll take consistently decent and occasionally very good if it makes sure my school stays high class and without the kind of scrutiny currently being directed at the tarheels. When people see my degree , I want them to see a mark of an excellent school with a reputation for honesty, hard work, and integrity. Though absolutely great along with that kind of high class would also be amazing.

Point is, you're all raising your blood pressure over relatively minor spats with people you have things in common with...not to mention that the aforementioned thing (college sports), is the reason we're all here.

:basketball:RU RAH RAH!:football:

Now please, go on with your arguments. If I've learned one thing about writing long posts which I've attempted to write out thoughtfully, they are usually followed by....
:chairshot::uzi:[sick]:flush::boxing:

Instead of my goal of: [cheers]:cool2:[banana][thumb2]:victory:

Reactions: RUPete
Whitebus...wtf is sky is blue group?
People like you. Every thing is always wonderful at RU. Recruiting is off the charts, Flood is killing it in the sleeper kids. It's not important to you that he pissed off HS coaches in NJ, winning 6 games every year is awesome. You are are one of the leaders of the Sky is Blue clowns.

Reactions: RUskoolie
Whitebus...wtf is sky is blue group?

I think it's actually misquoting either "the sky is always blue" folks or the "blue sky optimism" folks. Many hard core optimists/dreamers are called blue sky optimists/thinkers. As the link below says, "Many dictionaries have an almost scornful attitude toward blue sky thinking, dismissing it as impractical (not adapted for use or action; not sensible or realistic)." Here's an example entry: "A management cliché often heard in the UK, referring to open-ended, blue-sky-is-the-limit type of thinking, which allows creative brainstorming unfettered by reality."

http://questioning.org/feb2015/bluesky.html

People like you. Every thing is always wonderful at RU. Recruiting is off the charts, Flood is killing it in the sleeper kids. It's not important to you that he pissed off HS coaches in NJ, winning 6 games every year is awesome. You are are one of the leaders of the Sky is Blue clowns.
It's quite possible that every single one of the above sentences is incorrect. Well done.

Pissed off the NJ coaches?!?!?! These coaches can suck my ding dong. I am just so sick of some of these clowns. Get behind the effing state university and just STFU already. The coaches not you WhiteBus ;)

It's quite possible that every single one of the above sentences is incorrect. Well done.
It's more likely they are dead on. That was the point of this thread.
Thanks for proving me right again!

Pissed off the NJ coaches?!?!?! These coaches can suck my ding dong. I am just so sick of some of these clowns. Get behind the effing state university and just STFU already. The coaches not you WhiteBus ;)
Wow what a ****iing response. Perfect example of the clowns on this board. Your viewpoint and mine mean jack ship. But you are a stupid idiot to say the the HS coaches can suck your ding dong. The dumbest statement ever on this board. Congrats at being #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT