ADVERTISEMENT

Called it. Does anyone have any doubts now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can understand the disappointment, and I agree that it may well be, in large part, the result of unreasonable expectations.

I've always said - and I think you know this - that I have no expectation that top NJ recruits are going to jump the RU bandwagon simply as a result of our entry into the B1G, as some have suggested.

I think that top recruits go to top teams. We aren't a top team. We have to show that we're competitive against our schedule, which will generate enough of a buzz around the program to put us in more serious contention.

That said, I absolutely accuse people of being short-sighted with respect to where we are right now. If you look at the recruiting battles we've been in - and lost - we've lost those battles against some of the best teams in the nation. Our presence on the national recruiting landscape is stronger than its ever been. That's positive momentum.

And, of course, assuming we don't completely shit the bed against this year's schedule, that momentum will continue and it will build. And we'll start winning those recruiting battles. Probably not all at once, but incrementally - which ultimately leads to incremental improvement on the field, which in turn leads to winning more recruiting battles.

That, in a nutshell, is how somebody in a senior leadership position looks at the current situation. It's how Julie is looking at it, it's how Kyle Flood is looking at it. And since it's their job (and not the job of some number of random yahoos on an internet message board), I'll trust them to execute.

this is fair and reasonable...good post. See even though I have had some run ins with you, I can still have discussions with you without it getting messy. I think what happens that leads to dust ups is people carrying their vendettas from previous threads over to another thread. Its an endless cycle. Yes you can disagree or be a prick or think someone is a prick one day and then still come back the next day or week and start anew

It's more likely they are dead on. That was the point of this thread.
Thanks for proving me right again!

Lol.

No one is saying Every thing is always wonderful at RU.
No one is saying Recruiting is off the charts,
No one is saying Flood is killing it in the sleeper kids.
Flood did not piss off any HS coaches in NJ.
No one is saying winning 6 games every year is awesome.
We are not just winning 6 games every year.

Not only aren't you right, you are extra wrong. Very, extra, really, really extra wrong. But don't let that stop you, you're on a roll - keep this thing going!!

People like you. Every thing is always wonderful at RU. Recruiting is off the charts, Flood is killing it in the sleeper kids. It's not important to you that he pissed off HS coaches in NJ, winning 6 games every year is awesome. You are are one of the leaders of the Sky is Blue clowns.
These are the types of posts that lead to problems.

The other guy was right. I hope for your own sake that you're purposely exaggerating this because if you think these types of things are being said by more than 0.1% of this board, you're completely delusional.

Lol.

No one is saying Every thing is always wonderful at RU.
No one is saying Recruiting is off the charts,
No one is saying Flood is killing it in the sleeper kids.
Flood did not piss off any HS coaches in NJ.
No one is saying winning 6 games every year is awesome.
We are not just winning 6 games every year.

Not only aren't you right, you are extra wrong. Very, extra, really, really extra wrong. But don't let that stop you, you're on a roll - keep this thing going!!
Hahaha. No surprise you being wrong again.
Do you want me to repost your idiot comments about how great WSU was a year ago?
Do you even go to games or watch college football? Did your mom cut the crust off your baloney sandwich tonight.

Wow what a ****iing response. Perfect example of the clowns on this board. Your viewpoint and mine mean jack ship. But you are a stupid idiot to say the the HS coaches can suck your ding dong. The dumbest statement ever on this board. Congrats at being #1

Are you drunk right now?

Reactions: Sir ScarletKnight
Are you trying to get yourself kicked off the board to make a point about Nuts/people who think negatively being discriminated against? Nothing you're saying makes much logical sense beyond insults. There's no reason for you to continue this.
No. I have already proved my point by starting this thread and folks like you keep the facts going. Thanks for proving me right.

Hahaha. No surprise you being wrong again.
Do you want me to repost your idiot comments about how great WSU was a year ago?
Do you even go to games or watch college football? Did your mom cut the crust off your baloney sandwich tonight.
Well, now we know that football season will be here soon - ole bussie's gone full lunatic.

But, I'll answer your questions, we wouldn't want your head to burst before the first game, now would we?

1. Yes, repost away. I love getting quoted. Maybe I'll get a few more likes.
2. No, I never go to games or watch college football.
3. Yes, but that's because I only eat the crust. Baloney is for suckers.

I take that back - I love baloney.

Reactions: Sir ScarletKnight
unfortunately I think its going to be very difficult for Nuts to come back here, not so much him with his style which we all know but concern over those baiting him and making everything personal. That's a big problem here, I see people taking their personal vendettas and throwing a blanket on the entire poster, judging them as a person and how they act in real life or absolutely trolling every post they make because of prior posts...I see that done to some decent posters and fans. Have I been guilty, yep no problem admitting that but really only with a couple of posters who totally trashed me.

Nuts is a victim of repetitive posters, as a high volume posters it seems like all he was posting was anti Flood stuff but that was far from the truth and then he started to get baited. Nuts often laid out statistics about recruiting that were just dismissed. I am aware there were other things that went down with him and another poster away from the board but I don't think stuff like that should have been factored in

I still am amazed that there is a group of posters who insist that the board is negative when really its not. They seem to bait negativity with digs at that group even before there are negative posts. And as not one of GS biggest fans, I am amazed at the total reversal of opinion of him by a lot on this board, those that were staunch supporters while he was here and then dismissing a lot of stuff that they ardently supported about him before...and this weird comparison as Mooby was mentioning about threads degenerating into Flood vs GS as if trashing Greg props up Kyle. I see a lot of people going out of their way to prop Flood up

As my posts from last fall said, Kyle did a great job recovering late in the season and as one who wanted him gone after 2013 (of course who could forget many did and many including the mods and people in this very thread pushing the speculation he was out the door) I was encouraged by last season. However KF still has a lot to prove with recruiting, coaching and wins and losses. The next two years will sink or swim him. Im pretty much in a neutral wait and see mode with him and I think a lot of people lumped in as negatoids are as well. Not so much negative but waiting for the answer
You're just killing it in this thread, Bac. Agree with all of it.

Well, now we know that football season will be here soon - ole bussie's gone full lunatic.

But, I'll answer your questions, we wouldn't want your head to burst before the first game, now would we?

Pastrami is better.

Except for the baloney line I knew I was right about the rest.
I love the people who have such big opinions who never spend a dime on RU.
Why do you even post on here?? Are you a Penn State troll?

Reactions: mdh2003
Lol. Leave it to Whitebus to start a movement with a name that doesn't make sense.

Sky is blue crowd. Classic.

Lol. Leave it to Whitebus to start a movement with a name that doesn't make sense.

Sky is blue crowd. Classic.

I am the founder of a new group: the water is wet mob. The only ways in are to get beaten in, or being forced to read this asenine thread. Most people so far have chosen the beating.

Reactions: leonh71
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT