ADVERTISEMENT

Flood said there will be many commits in June ....

RealityChech2

Senior
Mar 21, 2007
that the Scarlet nation will be very happy with.

I remember talking to him last year and he seemed confident on getting a WR that went elsewhere. So although I am hopeful that his statement is correct I will wait until June to see if it's true.

My thoughts for June:

2 WRs
1 OL
1 LB

June is when things start to pick up a bit due to the end of the school year. If Flood thinks very happy with recruiting is in his near term future, he doesn't visit here too often. Maybe he should just say be patient.

Another stupid thread to add to the already stupid thread count.

Flood never said anything about "a lot of commits in June". Coaches can't comment on recruits until NSD.

Flood never said anything about "a lot of commits in June". Coaches can't comment on recruits until NSD.

Only he did say it. It was on the video of the Cherry Hill BIG tour event. He said " there will be a lot of commitments in June he can't talk about that people are going to be very excited about. "

Don't want to post link here, the video is on TOB.

More recruiting f*ckery.

It's gotten completely out of hand.
Are you implying : some of the posters here need to be committed to end this type of talk
pepper-name-game.gif

Only he did say it. It was on the video of the Cherry Hill BIG tour event. He said " there will be a lot of commitments in June he can't talk about that people are going to be very excited about. "

Don't want to post link here, the video is on TOB.
What's TOB? Forget it, you meant TOS & I found it.

Last edited:
I bet you feel RU4Real STUPID about making another stupid comment when others have confirmed Flood said it.

There's a difference between stupid and wrong.

I was wrong. The comment, if he made it, was stupid.

And you're just a dick. So... I think I still pretty much come out ahead.

Not true. Just can't talk specifically about a commit. Flood even tweets about when someone commits.

He has other years with big recruits verbally committing but went elsewhere. Why should anyone be excited about this nonsense?

Exactly! We have been conditioned to wait until February to confirm anything. Coach should just zip it about how very happy we will be in June. If anything, we will be watching as the competition gets big time commits in June, which doesn't include O$U which has them already or Maryland with Haskins and his Daddy on board in May.

Because hope is better than gloom and doom.
Other years he got the kids and couldn't keep them, hopefully this time they will stay .
These threads remind me of a great Seinfeld episode. Flood can take reservations but he can't hold the reservation...and in the end isn't that the point? :)

Ru4real. Learn the rules he cannot talk about specific recruits but he most 100% talk in general and if he feels that June is going to he a good month then I'm dowm with it. No need to a jack wad and rain on a positive paradeparade

Reactions: ScarletStateofNJ
If you're on the board enough and have been reading the blogs and articles out there, I think it's obvious what 3 star guys we are about to land. After that, I really hope there are a couple of 4 star guys who want to pull the trigger.

There is always an up tick in recruiting in June/July it's called camp, every year there are a number of commits coming out of the camps

Exactly! We have been conditioned to wait until February to confirm anything. Coach should just zip it about how very happy we will be in June. If anything, we will be watching as the competition gets big time commits in June, which doesn't include O$U which has them already or Maryland with Haskins and his Daddy on board in May.

S

Regardless if any rules were broken, given his recent history in this arena I would prefer if Flood would just take the high road at this point and zip it. I'm not a public Flood basher, but nothing good can come out of that quote; especially if it doesn't come to fruition.

One thing I've noticed about this board. There are those that bash Flood for anything and everything and those who defend him at all costs. Nothing in between. It makes it very difficult to have a constructive conversation because you will be viewed as "supporting the negatoids" or viewed as a "Flood lover who is not living in reality".

Edit: my comment is not necessarily tied to this thread because this is a relatively nothing issue. I can see why Flood is trying to get people excited. I just don't think that this was the right way to go about.

Last edited:
One thing I've noticed about this board. There are those that bash Flood for anything and everything and those who defend him at all costs. Nothing in between. It makes it very difficult to have a constructive conversation because you will be viewed as "supporting the negatoids" or viewed as a "Flood lover who is not living in reality".

Edit: my comment is not necessarily tied to this thread because this is a relatively nothing issue. I can see why Flood is trying to get people excited. I just don't think that this was the right way to go about.

So which side are you on so we can argue?

I Am in the middle on Flood. The board has more than outliers.

Reactions: NickyNewark51
I would say 75% of the board is either in the "Flood is worse than Shea" or "Flood is better than Saban" camp and anyone who comes somewhere in the middle will be attacked for anything perceived to differ from those lines by the same people. The polarization is frustrating and baffling. I do feel that more reasonable discussion was had in the GS days.

Reactions: Jersey Boys
I would say 75% of the board is either in the "Flood is worse than Shea" or "Flood is better than Saban" camp and anyone who comes somewhere in the middle will be attacked for anything perceived to differ from those lines by the same people. The polarization is frustrating and baffling. I do feel that more reasonable discussion was had in the GS days.
I don't agree with that at all. Their are plenty of people on here that are realists like my self. The problem is that the I LOVE FLOOD MORE THAN MY MOTHER crowd sees anyone that isn't in that mindset as a traitor to all that is RU. True discussions about Flood and the program are met with such crap from these clowns that this board has become crap.

I am just as happy with the hidden gems that come on board in June as I am with the 4 star guys. Anybody the staff gets to sign this early is almost certainly someone who they believe will be a big contributor IMO. Is that living in reality? I don't give a crap.

IMO White Bus is so angry, it is humorous to read his posts.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT