ADVERTISEMENT

Flood said there will be many commits in June ....

That Flood guy knew what he was talking about.

eatcrow.jpg

"plus one"? you do know theres a like button now
bump Flood is killing it in June. He said we would be happy and we are. It's not so much crow for the malcontents, you get used to them. Its more about a healthy respect for the man who has no problem putting it out there .... This place seriously sucks ... we eat our young ... but Flood continues to represent Rutgers, puts it out there, do with it as you please....

Reactions: NickyNewark51
Saying Shea's recruiting was similar to Flood's is one of the most unintelligent things ever posted on this board.

They are light years a part. Shea would have been fortunate to nab more than a couple of 3*s if they had the ranking system back then.

His teams were full of FCS level talent. At best.

Well, it looks like Flood was right about June commits.

Rutgers Football recent head coaches:
Dick Anderson 1984-1989 27-34 (.446)
Doug Graber.. 1990-1995 29-36 (.447)
Terry Shea..… 1996-2000 11-44 (.200)
Greg Schiano.. 2001-2011 67-66 (.504)
Kyle Flood….. 2012-present 23-16 (.590)

Kyle Flood is a good, young head coach that
is trying his best to compete against the toughest
competition Rutgers Football has ever faced.
Kyle is trying to build Rutgers Football the right way.
He has assembled a very talented and hard working staff
that many great young football players want to play for.
He knows that a hard working football player and student
with character and good potential in football who wants
to be a Scarlet Knight is better for Rutgers Football than
a player with great potential in football that isn’t certain
that he wants to be a Scarlet Knight.
Wisconsin has won for years using a similar philosophy,
because, Wisconsin Football is supported well.
Support Rutgers Football in a positive manner and
you’ll be amazed at what will be accomplished over time
as Kyle Flood’s legacy grows.
After the 2012 season, Kyle led Rutgers Football to their first
Big East Football Championship in Rutgers Football history.
After the 2014 season, Kyle led Rutgers Football to their first
Lambert Trophy in Rutgers Football history and that trophy is
emblematic of Eastern Football supremacy.
Just imagine what he can do with more funding, better
facilities and more fan support in New Jersey.

I find the eating crow threads funny. First Flood can take reservations but can he he hold reservations. As Seinfeld said holding is the most important thing about a reservation.
And volume doesn't equal quality.

Excellent Post. This is the type of stuff THAT MATTERS! He literally is building the program EXACTLY how I would want my alumni's team/program to be built. Rutgers foundation is all about F.A.M.I.L.Y, NFL-level game workouts/preparation/actual game day play, the best combination of academics and academic support staff for athletes in the nation, and overall honestly and integrity.

Now maybe Flood could have cut some corners in his first couple years to have won an extra game here or have gotten an extra recruit there, BUT THAT IS A HOUSE BUILT ON SAND!

I fully support Flood and people need to really start thinking with their heads and not their emotions after tough games. Flood is doing something special here and more importantly he is doing something special here THAT WILL LAST!

And a coach can talk about kids committing until the cows come home. They just can't talk about individual recruits by name.

Excellent Post. This is the type of stuff THAT MATTERS! He literally is building the program EXACTLY how I would want my alumni's team/program to be built. Rutgers foundation is all about F.A.M.I.L.Y, NFL-level pract
Excellent post??? Wow I thought the Joe PA fans hand the corner in dumb ass spin. Kyle Flood was handed a better team than anyone on that list. And that list doesn't have Coach Burns. The stupidity on this board never stops

Excellent post??? Wow I thought the Joe PA fans hand the corner in dumb ass spin. Kyle Flood was handed a better team than anyone on that list. And that list doesn't have Coach Burns. The stupidity on this board never stops

And won a conference championship with the said team, one that no other coach could do. And yes, I know it was a co-championship, but again, no other coach did it.

Flood has a better winning percentage than all those head coaches..and currently plays in a more competitve league than most of them played in. Don't understand the Flood knocking..

And won a conference championship with the said team, one that no other coach could do. And yes, I know it was a co-championship, but again, no other coach did it.

Flood has a better winning percentage than all those head coaches..and currently plays in a more competitve league than most of them played in. Don't understand the Flood knocking..
It's not the Flood knocking. It's the Schiano knocking that sickens me. Without Schiano, there is no Big Ten or a Coach Flood. Those that post records only are those that have no insight to Rutgers history. The fact the Burns was not on that list just shows how clueless this board has become.

Flood is working with very little support from the administration and it doesn't matter if he was handed a good ( not great team like some believe) ,
he's working against well known schools that can point out their winning tradition ( let's leave it just football recruiting related , not bring in other things) support from their Administration, a real strong fanbase and the community surrounding the school makes them feel ( insert school here) is the greatest program in the land.
Flood has a lot more to overcome than his predecessor and is just starting to do that.
Without looking at the type of support RU FB is getting from the RU Administration, some haven't a clue on other schools pointing out that lack of support to the tip HS talent and imply without the support needed to succeed, Rutgers might not be the best fit if that recruit expects to be in a Major Bowl game or playoff team during his college career.
Even Edsall can show he's getting the support needed , Flood has to show he's getting enough and that's hard to do when other schools can
make the recruits question if the RU Administration is fully committed to make RU FB the best it can be..

By the way, the team Flood was handed did become BE Co Champs and though his second year wasn't a winning one (6-7) he did get RU into a minor bowl game, like his predecessor usually did.
Nothing against the HC that made RU FB a respectable program,but he didn't bring RU FB to the next level and never won a title ( outright or co champ) during his time as RU's HC. Schiano deserves praise for what he accomplished, but so far Flood has beaten the expectations of many on how he'll do in the B1G and though not killing it recruiting wise, not the dud some would have you believe.

With what Kyle has to overcome, he's not doing too shabby, though some will deny that and call people names that state Flood is doing pretty good considering wht he's up against.
How Rutgers preforms in the 2015 season will either make or break Flood as a recruiter after the 2015 season.
Because the support he receives from the RU Administration won't help and the local media will go in an attack mode.
Media support isn't one of RU FB's strengths, sometimes it might be considered a hindrance.

i will always believe the sun will shine on RU tomorrow , rather to claim tomorrow will only bring darkness to RU..

Reactions: Rokodesh
It's not the Flood knocking. It's the Schiano knocking that sickens me. Without Schiano, there is no Big Ten or a Coach Flood. Those that post records only are those that have no insight to Rutgers history. The fact the Burns was not on that list just shows how clueless this board has become.

You got that right :"Without Schiano, there is no Big Ten "
Without Greg , every RU fan would still be hoping it can win a game against average programs, not complaining how it loses to top programs.

I hate to start posts like this because it doesn't usually lead to constructive conversation.... but what are you talking about?! The entire post of mine that you replied to was all about building the program the right way and recruiting the right way and speaking to recruits/coaches/family/fanbase with integrity. (And the reason I said the post that I was replying to was an "excellent post" was because the poster did an excellent job of pointing out the accomplishments that Flood has won already while doing it with a philosophy of integrity and character. A large % of people tend to overlook this. If you want to try and downplay his accomplishments by saying "he was given the best team" then you are WAY OVER SIMPLIFYING the game of football and putting a whole lot of "spin" on the reality of Flood's accomplishments.)

Additionally, I specifically even DOWNPLAYED anything related to wins and losses when I said "he could have gotten another win here or gotten another recruit there by cutting corners" and then you go off and talk about the records when you say that Flood was handed the best team on the list.

TALK ABOUT MISSING THE POINT!

I could not have made it more clear that I was talking about what Flood was doing and how he was building something special. I even mentioned 4 reasons to show why what he was building was "special" and NONE of them had anything to do with records. There was zero spin going on here buddy.

Last edited:

Unless I missed something on Page 1, I just gleaned over all the posts on page 2 and I didn't see any "Schiano-knocking" going on at all. All I saw was talk about the positive's of Flood and his philosophy he has continued to grow at Rutgers and the job that he is doing leading Rutgers in the best conference in college football.

But if you want to get off topic of the thread for a second...... I completely agree with you about Schiano and am pretty sure most of the people of this thread agree with you as well. Schiano was the coach who was BY FAR the most responsible for getting Rutger's to this position where we are now! Because of Shiano we are in the BIG10 and the fan base comes into the season fully expecting to be undefeated in all non-conference games and to win/compete in every single conference game.

You would have to be crazy to think Flood has done more for Rutgers football than Schiano has, but of course like I stated before.... I have never actually seen anybody say that. Now if Flood wins a BIG10 Championship that would be a different debate....

Last edited:
Nobody should be knocking Schiano. He built the program from shambles and made it respectable. The Schiano-knocking creeps in when some say Schiano would be recruiting better in the B1G than Flood is recruiting, and the Flood supporters find reasons why Schiano was inadequate. It is an impossible and dishonest argument from either side that nobody will win. But that's message board fodder. Schiano competed well for recruits when Rutgers was in a lesser conference--but the Big East was no slouch. Also, Penn State was down during the last several years of Greg's tenure and we now have Urban and Harbaugh to deal with. Flood has used a smart strategy to recruit in other states--Florida and Maryland and Pennsylvania have been great states for Rutgers--but let's remember that Greg opened the doors in Florida and perhaps Maryland. The debate is pointless because unless Flood has a horrible season, he will be the coach for at least the next 2-3 years, and if he goes 500 or better, longer than that.

First Mike: Any post that takes career records and want to prop Flood up because of it has major holes in it. There is NO WAY that you can fairly take the pre-05 years into account when judging Schiano.
I do knock Schiano a lot but never for what he did for this program. We would not be here today without him. And I am not sure there are many guys who would have attempted what he did and got it done. He deserves to be in our HOF and have something named after him.
But...I was there and I will call it how I saw it. And will call it how I get it "first hand" by a number of players during that time frame.

At this point though, I do not feel that Greg would have us in any better position then Flood does right now. And Greg would have been at the peak of his coaching career rather then just the beginning. That is the HUGE difference for me. I do not believe Greg would have ever gotten any better where we have seen Flood get better at things each year. Would Greg have landed DH or JG...I don't think he would have any better shot and maybe less of one then Flood did. Flood has Ben McDaniel sitting in front of these kids...Greg had a history of leaving QB's with no help at all.
And I do not believe Greg would have seen Russo and stayed on him like Flood did.
These are the things that Greg lacked. He had his great attributes that should never be forgotten but he had flaws, we all do, but I believe he reached his ceiling.

And with that, seems like we got some "closing" going on!

There is no "weak link" or reaches in this class so far. None- That is the way to build a team.

First Mike: Any post that takes career records and want to prop Flood up because of it has major holes in it. There is NO WAY that you can fairly take the pre-05 years into account when judging Schiano.
I do knock Schiano a lot but never for what he did for this program. We would not be here today without him. And I am not sure there are many guys who would have attempted what he did and got it done. He deserves to be in our HOF and have something named after him.
But...I was there and I will call it how I saw it. And will call it how I get it "first hand" by a number of players during that time frame.

At this point though, I do not feel that Greg would have us in any better position then Flood does right now. And Greg would have been at the peak of his coaching career rather then just the beginning. That is the HUGE difference for me. I do not believe Greg would have ever gotten any better where we have seen Flood get better at things each year. Would Greg have landed DH or JG...I don't think he would have any better shot and maybe less of one then Flood did. Flood has Ben McDaniel sitting in front of these kids...Greg had a history of leaving QB's with no help at all.
And I do not believe Greg would have seen Russo and stayed on him like Flood did.
These are the things that Greg lacked. He had his great attributes that should never be forgotten but he had flaws, we all do, but I believe he reached his ceiling.

And with that, seems like we got some "closing" going on!

There is no "weak link" or reaches in this class so far. None- That is the way to build a team.

Well unless I missed something.... the poster who posted the records wasn't comparing Flood to Schiano at all.

He posted the records just a a precursor to the main point of his post which was that Flood is building something special at Rutgers and doing it the right way and that Flood should be acknowledged for that.

Reactions: BLewis1968
Nobody should be knocking Schiano. He built the program from shambles and made it respectable. The Schiano-knocking creeps in when some say Schiano would be recruiting better in the B1G than Flood is recruiting, and the Flood supporters find reasons why Schiano was inadequate. It is an impossible and dishonest argument from either side that nobody will win. But that's message board fodder. Schiano competed well for recruits when Rutgers was in a lesser conference--but the Big East was no slouch. Also, Penn State was down during the last several years of Greg's tenure and we now have Urban and Harbaugh to deal with. Flood has used a smart strategy to recruit in other states--Florida and Maryland and Pennsylvania have been great states for Rutgers--but let's remember that Greg opened the doors in Florida and perhaps Maryland. The debate is pointless because unless Flood has a horrible season, he will be the coach for at least the next 2-3 years, and if he goes 500 or better, longer than that.

In my opinion, even if we have a horrible season... we had better not be emotional enough to lose Flood.

We have a first year quarterback this year in the toughest conference in the country (or Top 2 depends who you ask) and we have a much less experienced OL this year than last year.

So while it would be nice to do well this year, if we do poorly I truly hope we do not pin it on Flood because recruiting is all about building roots and relationships. We need a head football coaches for the next 10-15 years. And as long as Flood can start reeling in some elite players.... I think he might just be our best option to be that guy....no matter what the record is next season.

Lots of miserable SOBs on this board... :thumbsdown:

... and then there is Shortbus, in a category of his own... Go seek some professional help Shortbus. You need it.

Last edited:
Wow, you are a grade-A douche. You are wrong about what Flood said or didn't say & Flood can absolutely comment about recruiting generally, so he comment is not stupid. You just come off a total d!ck so often that I wonder if something is wrong with you. I know mental illness run in your family so I wonder if you have some type of delusion disorder.

Wow, this is one of the ugliest comments I have ever seen on a message board. You have some audacity calling another person a douche. I know RU4Real, and he is most definitely a douche. But that makes you something far far worse. I guaranty you'd never say something like that to his face, Internet muscles.

Reactions: vkj91

Dude, you write some really well thought out and cogent posts typically supporting Rutgers in a positive and respectful manner. I wish we had more folks like you wanting to talk about the schools and the game.

Lots of miserable SOBs on this board... :thumbsdown:

... and then there is Shortbus, in a category of his own... Go seek some professional help Shortbus. You need it.
You're the crazy one. Everyone must adhere to your viewpoint. Sorry but I'm not like you. who thinks that Kyle Flood is a better coach than Greg Schiano or Coach Frank Burns. You are the one that needs to seek help if you think Flood is a better coach or better at running a program than those two.

Wow, this is one of the ugliest comments I have ever seen on a message board. You have some audacity calling another person a douche. I know RU4Real, and he is most definitely a douche. But that makes you something far far worse. I guaranty you'd never say something like that to his face, Internet muscles.

Douche?

Absolutely.

Mental illness in my family?

Not a bit.

Totally, completely and irrecoverably wrong about Flood's predictions for June and the ensuing results?

Without a doubt.

Gonna chop me up some asshole poster?

You betcha.

Reactions: yesrutgers01
Originally posted by Knight Shift:

Besides being a family man and a good man, Flood is not a bullshitter. He delivers on his promises.

zxc.gif

Let's see how many people belly up to the bar!

Man our last two coaches, Flood and Schiano, have both been great. I love em both! Schiano was the man for that time in our program - a legendary figure here and was the perfect man for the job. Now we have coach Flood, a guy whose potential is out of this world. And I know potential takes time to fulfill and there is a segment of us who dont want to wait, but wouldn't you rather wait and see with a guy who is actually winning and is about as good of a man in big time sports as there is? Its not like we're waiting on some roughneck who is doing everything wrong in the meantime.. We are waiting on a guy who is improving every year and is doing every thing right. lol Flood is about as low risk of a coaching investment as you can find.

I LOVE how he called this June commitment "flood" with confidence! Now that is a coach with some you what!

You're the crazy one. Everyone must adhere to your viewpoint. Sorry but I'm not like you. who thinks that Kyle Flood is a better coach than Greg Schiano or Coach Frank Burns. You are the one that needs to seek help if you think Flood is a better coach or better at running a program than those two.

Kyle Flood is absolutely 100 percent a better coach than Greg Schiano. Is he a better recruiter? Definitely not yet. Better football coach? Absolutely.

Only a Schiano supporter thinks otherwise.

Kyle Flood is absolutely 100 percent a better coach than Greg Schiano. Is he a better recruiter? Definitely not yet. Better football coach? Absolutely.

Only a Schiano supporter thinks otherwise.

Based off of what? Have you forgotten how ridiculously cautious he was in 2012? That team was loaded with stud players and we whimpered to 9-4. Last year was a success, but it was hardly enough to label Flood a better coach than Schiano.

Based off of what? Have you forgotten how ridiculously cautious he was in 2012? That team was loaded with stud players and we whimpered to 9-4. Last year was a success, but it was hardly enough to label Flood a better coach than Schiano.

Based off the fact that Schiano was making more bone-headed, head-scratching gameday caching calls in his 8th year of head coaching, than Flood was in his first.

Based off the fact that Schiano never recognized the importance of hiring a QB coach to develop his quarterbacks, and we suffered greatly for it.

Based off the fact that Schiano couldn't win a league championship of any kind in 9 years....and Flood did it in 1.

Is that enough for you, or should I go on?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT