ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball GAME THREAD: RHoops vs. Maryland

tastes-like-victory-victory.gif

I had to ignore the posts for most of the first half. Some of our fellow forum members quit in the team way, way too quickly with comments I wouldn’t even make about other team’s players, let alone our team’s players.

Luckily, our players and coaches didn’t quit on the game at any point.

Kudos to the fans who don’t quit on the team, and who understand that we will have our ups and downs all season long, sometimes within the same game, and that games are 40 minutes long.
Sometimes I give up on the team.. but I feel compelled to basically watch every game to the end no matter what. Even games like the Illinois game.

I am an eagles fan and was at Rutgers back in 2011 (?) when they came back on the Giants from 21 down with 7 minutes left.. and I didn’t see it because I turned the game off early. Only reason I did it was because I had a big project to do.. what a time to break the rule lol

Honestly. I think most watching that first half saw NOTHING from Maryland. Rutgers GAVE them that lead.

so actually the 2nd half doesn’t surprise me at all

Maryland truly sucks. We coulda won that by 30+ If they didn’t play like total shit in the first half
correction.. refs gave them the first half lead... yeah.. PM was sloppy and some others.. but refs allowing MD to foul on D constantly gave MD that lead. It wss, as you say, not a case of MD playing better, NOT that they looked like the better team.

Serious question. How can you guys enjoy watching the game while posting. I used to do it during football games years ago and just found it too distracting.

I just love these so called fans who dig up posts from message board fans who post their feelings when the team is down 11 with 5 turnovers from Paul in first half and the play was atrocious. I'm sure Pike would have agreed with them. I'm sure many of them also still watched the rest of the game.

Maryland only scored 7 points in first half other than foul shots and points off turnovers. Tale of 2 half’s.

When we were down 11 in the second half I change the channel for a few minutes

not giving up but I find that helps sometimes if I am not watching

when I tuned back in we were down 5 with the ball
This is what I must do to help

I just love these so called fans who dig up posts from message board fans who post their feelings when the team is down 11 with 5 turnovers from Paul in first half and the play was atrocious. I'm sure Pike would have agreed with them.
I think the coach probably keeps a more level head than most fans.. otherwise he would’ve just sent Paul to the locker room lol

Reactions: ChasRC69
correction.. refs gave them the first half lead... yeah.. PM was sloppy and some others.. but refs allowing MD to foul on D constantly gave MD that lead. It wss, as you say, not a case of MD playing better, NOT that they looked like the better team.
We gave them the first half
This is the worst team ever in terms of playing to their talent level.
the most under achieving Bball team In Rutgers history

Sometimes I give up on the team.. but I feel compelled to basically watch every game to the end no matter what. Even games like the Illinois game.

I am an eagles fan and was at Rutgers back in 2011 (?) when they came back on the Giants from 21 down with 7 minutes left.. and I didn’t see it because I turned the game off early. Only reason I did it was because I had a big project to do.. what a time to break the rule lol
I have no issue at all with fans who give up on a game and go do something else. Long as they do so without trashing our players and coaches. I was not enjoying much of the game in the first half, just like everyone else who’s a RU MBB fan.

My problem is with those who insult our players, talking about how they suck, or how the coach sucks, or other spoiled-child crap like that.

It’s a free country, and I think people should say whatever they want. If people want to constantly display their classless temper tantrums for the world to see, that’s their right. Just as it’s my right to call it what it is.

Reactions: ChasRC69
Serious question. How can you guys enjoy watching the game while posting. I used to do it during football games years ago and just found it too distracting.

I’m married with 3 girls. They occasionally watch with me, but to me posting during the game is no different than sitting at a bar with my buddies, etc. They’re just thoughts that pop into my head that I would normally throw out if someone was sitting there in-person

Team started off sloppy on offense and Geo was ice cold.

You've got to tip your hat to this team. They played excellent D in the second half and found their shots. Paul created when he needed to and that led to Harper stepping up as he needed to. Geo with some nice assists down the stretch being mature and realizing he was having an off day.

Big road win in conference.

Reactions: Knightmoves
Totally disagree re refs

I just love these so called fans who dig up posts from message board fans who post their feelings when the team is down 11 with 5 turnovers from Paul in first half and the play was atrocious. I'm sure Pike would have agreed with them. I'm sure many of them also still watched the rest of the game.
And I love the "so-called fans" who go out of their way to trash their own team when we are losing....only to be proven clueless when we come back.

😀 He still is in a daze after watching this team today come back down 11. Wonder what he thinks for Iowa?
The Pea will be back on the RU bandwagon for the Iowa game at home. Can’t afford to be picking against RU at home in that one.

Let his handler’s wallet be damned. He is already under water there. 😀

Bottom line I was tough on Paul and rightly so in the first half as he has to be better at ball security. That said God Bless coach Pike that must have been one heck of a half time speech. Paul with his best half of the year and Ron was just on fire. Huge win and nice to get the road monkey off our back

I agree.. I needed to pause the game and play catchup in timeouts.. then comments would be out of sync with others watching more "live". Replaying on your own rewinding the video also does that.

So then if you try to watch live and post live, then you are taking attention away from game to do so... not that every moment of a game is meaningful. But down the stretch this one certainly was.

I had to come on during this game a few times.. especially at halftime because the refs just killed us in that first half. Would be a good game for some video wiz to tear apart to show how differently the refs viewed both teams.

Not wrong..the first half was 100% correct. Kudos to them all for turning it around.
It's a 40 minute game, not a 20 minute game. When you make an asinine comment like he did when the game is not even half over, you ARE wrong when you say what he did.

Reactions: Knightmoves
Two things I hate on message boards:

- the run on from the title into the body of the post
- lecture posts (this is not one)

A minor annoyance is the "gotcha" post too, but not as much as the other two.

You'd think we lost after reading some of the post-game replies in this thread. LOL

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT