ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball GAME THREAD: RHoops vs. Maryland

It’s a game thread intended to give a platform to talk about the game in real time. If you don’t like the tone simply don’t read it and post whatever you want after the game. There are plenty of those threads too. The idea that everyone needs to be super positive or not post during the game is dumb.

Reactions: RUJMM78
It's at least a bit the refs and yes we're playing like shit
You were both wrong.. it was mainly the refs.

While we had unforced turnovers early they were largely errors of effort... trying to force a faster pace.. a transition game. I called for that effort. Later in the half foul trouble caused some holding back on defense.

But we looked like the better team in the first half.. just like we looked like the better team in many of our losses. In this case though the refs allowed Maryland to go nuts on defense and penalized Rutgers in a variety of ways.

The second half was more fairly called and we all saw what happened.

Hey we will all have a better weekend after this game. Everyone should enjoy the win , the holiday and look forward to beating Iowa next week.

Lmfao..go bac and watch the first half
You suffer from the self-delusion of wanting to brand yourself as someone who never complains about the refs. You have a first-half like that with crazy unbalance of calls against Rutgers (which were almost all correct calls) paired with allowing Maryland to get away with the same stuff AND MORE... but you cannot bear to witness to that.. because that would be going against your "brand".

You were both wrong.. it was mainly the refs.

While we had unforced turnovers early they were largely errors of effort... trying to force a faster pace.. a transition game. I called for that effort. Later in the half foul trouble caused some holding back on defense.

But we looked like the better team in the first half.. just like we looked like the better team in many of our losses. In this case though the refs allowed Maryland to go nuts on defense and penalized Rutgers in a variety of ways.

The second half was more fairly called and we all saw what happened.
I agree. We were down 11 at half due to fouls and free throws. Granted TO's did not.

I enjoyed the game, losing by 11 pts at half time
made the win even more gooder. losing by 11 then winning by 11 made it a great game My heart is still racing .

so why arent these posters who are cherry picking first half posts, not bothering to gather the 2nd half posts by everyone..interesting huh

no one should worry about what they post.
If it's criticizing the panic attack posters for having a fit when things are not looking so good.
The ones complaining about the woe is us posters must realize that in boards like this , members usually wear their emotions on their sleeves and go a little overboard when things look bad and then have spur of the moment outbursts .
Nothing wrong with that, unless they take offense when their emotional outbursts are pointed out.

I just think the reply should be, yea I got a little crazy when RU was losing, but that's because I care and my emotions got the better of my reasoning and that's what fanhood sometimes does.

I think it's funny when people can criticize something but get upset if someone points out they were wrong after things change for the better.
Don't be so into yourselves and if criticized for going overboard, take it as a complement , because going overboard when things are going bad shows you care enough to get upset..

Reactions: GORU2014
I don’t criticize the fans who sound like they are giving up because the team has played so terrible at times

we can play toe to toe with a Purdue yet lose to a Lafayette or PU

We are not consistent but we should realize that we are capable at any time
Of playing well also and beating almost anyone

Reactions: Usbcbowler
I started to bust some chops on the negatoids from the first page but with so many pages I figured I would stop
.it's the same every game 2 3 minutes in and it's dooms day. LET THE GAME END AND THEN POST ALL YOU
NEGATIVE COMMENTS ( if warranted )
Great win today and I agree refs sucked in first half

When I watch the games (basketball, baseball,
football] I can't go to the boards it would ruin the game for me. Because I record the games
and start watching 40 minutes or so into the game. Like today the game was delayed so
I didn't have to wait, also I skip commercials and half time. So today I caught up to the
live broad cast and went to this site. But
all the negativity amazes me.

Reactions: Usbcbowler
When I watch the games (basketball, baseball,
football] I can't go to the boards it would ruin the game for me. Because I record the games
and start watching 40 minutes or so into the game. Like today the game was delayed so
I didn't have to wait, also I skip commercials and half time. So today I caught up to the
live broad cast and went to this site. But
all the negativity amazes me.
I've always said, the funniest thing in the world is reading a game day thread and then watching the actual game and plays. It is absolutely hilarious how over the top the comments are about specific plays.

Great job, Rutgers! Your team is tough.

I was pulling for my Terrapins, but wearing a Scarlet Knights hoodie...
Good God dconifer....could you please share whatever medication you are on that allows you to post so civilly on another team's board after a game lol! It has been years since I've even been able to watch Rutgers games without nearly destroying major appliances in my home! Nowadays, I even get upset with my RU brethren here about comments that can become pretty harsh at times. Then, I see a game thread with 1000 comments, negative or positive, and I remember what a great fan base we can be. Love 'em or hate 'em (at times), we do care about our Scarlet Knights!! Thank you for even visiting our asylum...it's good that we see people from outside the walls at times. Good luck to the Terps the rest of the way!

Reactions: bac2therac
Good call Nostradamus! I’m gonna have you at my next birthday party maybe you can hand out stock tips!
It's easy I wait till game is over before I say anything about the game. I will comment when I see someone post after a few minutes of a game and say we are goi g to get blown out or we suck or Pike can't coach or where is the D etc
PS just pm for the party 🥳

i will make whatever statements i observe at halftime just as I post throughout the game thread
Lots of hilarious posts in this thread from the 1st half.
I always enjoy much laughter rereading some of the comments from some of RU's "biggest fans".

People do overreact to one bad shot, TO, small run which is annoying, but after an entire half of poor play, the team rightfully deserved criticism. If you asked Paul about how he felt a out his first half play I guarantee he would have told you it was unacceptable.

Some may have given given up hope. I did not. I never thought we were out of the game, but we needed a complete turnaround in the level of play and we got it

The funniest thing is that it's the same fools who in the past have posted crap in similar game threads, only to look like fools when the tide turned and the good guys won.
Yet they still continue to do the same thing to this day.
Thanks for the laughs, fellas.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT