ADVERTISEMENT

Gavin has a Nebraska visit

That would be a kick in the teeth. I could see him doing well in Hoiberg’s offense.

It's now the era of complete free agency. This board will eventually catch up and hopefully not obsess over every former RU player who chooses to transfer.

That being said - I do agree that goggles will get the one finger salute treatment if/when he comes back to the Rac playing for another team .

Message to future recruits: if you make a definitive public statement that you will NEVER transfer from Rutgers, then transfer from Rutgers and come back to the RAC as an opponent, prepare to hear it from the crowd. If he kept his mouth shut preseason and left, the treatment would be kinder.

We’ll see what he’s made of if he plays at the RAC. The good players thrive on it. I remember Todd Billet had a great game against us with UVA with a hyped up RAC and he calmly won it at the line late in the game for them.

That would be a kick in the teeth. I could see him doing well in Hoiberg’s offense.
He could be like the kid a few years ago that was a one and done and totally selfish player for a really bad team. Mc something?

It's now the era of complete free agency. This board will eventually catch up and hopefully not obsess over every former RU player who chooses to transfer.

Good point but in fairness we have been spoiled by having long time core players stick around (geo Caleb Ron paul cliff) so it may take many ru fans just a little longer to adjust

Reactions: BossNJ
Message to future recruits: if you make a definitive public statement that you will NEVER transfer from Rutgers, then transfer from Rutgers and come back to the RAC as an opponent, prepare to hear it from the crowd. If he kept his mouth shut preseason and left, the treatment would be kinder.
No it wouldn’t

• Haha
Reactions: runrutgersrun
Murphy and Rosario wilted. Celestand and Billet thrived. I'm going to bet Gavin will be in the Murphy/Rosario camp.

I was at that Billet game my freshman year.
Believe he hit game clinching free throws staring into the student section at the end of the game.

I’d take 16.8 ppg and 3rd team all B1G any day.
He shot a lot. More turnovers than assists. 450 effective fg %. That’s not great Bob. As a comparison the entire Nebraska team this year. was better most by a lot. That must have been a sympathy vote for a 4-12 terrible team.

I will thoroughly enjoy boo’ing this kid every time he touches the ball if he ever makes a return to the RAC.
Why? If the haters are right that GG is soft and not very good, he will hardly see the court.

If this, on the other hand, was a case of coaching malpractice, and he stars for Nebraska, why shouldn't he have bolted?

Do you boo friends who were in a bad marriage and leave? They made "vows," too.

Why? If the haters are right that GG is soft and not very good, he will hardly see the court.

If this, on the other hand, was a case of coaching malpractice, and he stars for Nebraska, why shouldn't he have bolted?

I think he’s soft but also talented/will come around and needed more time to develop mentally and physically. Both can be true.

This could have happened at Rutgers - get out of here with “coaching malpractice”.

Also as a fan I’ll boo any opposing player I feel like booing…especially now that these kids are getting paid.

I think he’s soft but also talented/will come around and needed more time to develop mentally and physically. Both can be true.

This could have happened at Rutgers - get out of here with “coaching malpractice”.

Also as a fan I’ll boo any opposing player I feel like booing…especially now that these kids are getting paid.
Getting paid A LOT. Supposedly Cliff gonna get $1,000,000 for brick laying!

Weird take lol

Holy moly. Coaching malpractice. Lolololol. Did you even watch this season? SMH.

In this day and age, if you have a chance to get the bag, take the bag

Just understand it's a business, and if you come back as a visitor, expect to get treated as such, albeit with a bit more vitriol
For the avoidance of doubt, nobody is handing Gavin a bag. He’ll be lucky to match what he would’ve gotten here.

Not based on his performance from last year
Based on his star rating and potential though, in this day and age, I wouldn't rule it out

He’s not landing more than whatever we committed to. He’s worth less than the new batch of frosh recruits with similar ranking after the season he had. Who would pay top dollar for him with so many other choices? No way. His landing spot is a major conference team with a bunch of transfer / frosh openings. He’ll be one of several wherever he goes and won’t stand out as the guy getting a pay day.

He’s not landing more than whatever we committed to. He’s worth less than the new batch of frosh recruits with similar ranking after the season he had. Who would pay top dollar for him with so many other choices? No way. His landing spot is a major conference team with a bunch of transfer / frosh openings. He’ll be one of several wherever he goes and won’t stand out as the guy getting a pay day.
Who knows
His departure was certainly bizarre

Loved him some Pike and the program initially
Then he struggled mightily this year, even in extended minutes the 2nd half of the season

East coast kid with no connections to Nebby, yet that's rumored to be a possible landing spot

Reactions: bethlehemfan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT